Relay for Life.

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by rodan70, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    WE get to turn the money on the 20th which is the night that you turn in all of the money you have raised up til that point.
  2. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, yeah, got my dates mixed up with the registration date. Is there any way I can get the donation money I've collect to someone? I have to work that night of the 20th. Rodan70, let me know if you'll be working in Paducah between now and then (except Sunday) and I'll somehow get it to you, or anyone else who'll be going with.
  3. kywildcatt Jedi Knight

The club has written the check to cover the expenses, so forward donations to Rena to make up the funds. If anyone is planning on selling/buying luminaries they are $5 each and we have to turn that money in. We are also encouraged to do any fundraising we canthink of for the ACS on the night of the relay. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe another raffle, some kind of "Duel a Jedi" thing. Yuri was thinking maybe a "strormtrooper arrest" scenario.
    Sarah
  4. kywildcatt Jedi Knight

I think we really should have a meeting to finalize details, get directions, etc. How about Monday night (June 26). I was thinking about either Michaels, Pasta House, Ryan's or Applebees.
    The relay starts at 6p.m. but it looks like we need to be set up by 5p.m. It would be great if everyone could start thinking about what they can bring(drinks, snacks, etc)/other fundraising ideas for the relay. We will have a spacious area so the lightsaber duel looks like a go. We also will have a power source if we want to try the selling picture idea.
    Sarah
  5. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, a meeting would be good to finalize things - "Vader" needs directions.

He also likes the Spaghetti & Italian Sausage plate at Michaels.
  6. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hi guys,

So sorry I haven't been around, its been hectic. Yes a meeting is a must, Unfortunetly, I probably will have to have one of our founding members run it since my schedule has me booked all the way thru next week. If Monday night works for everyone then post here and we can get it set up at Michaels Pizza at 6:30 pm. Post if you can't make it. Also,could either KYWildcatt or Rodan70 post a list of what we need to have for the event so that everyone can start planning on what to bring. I have a tent for sleeping and I think Wil_Sinistar has a tent for sitting in if they arn't providing one for us already. We can mark off the Dueling area with Imperial crime scene tape. I like the idea of going around and arresting people for donations. Post your thoughts, again I am very sorry about my absence this month, next month will be better. pv
  7. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    As of right now I am on call for work that week and do not know if I will be able to make it. We will try but I can't be sure at this point. Actually does anybody know if Verizon has good cell service there at the park?
  8. kywildcatt Jedi Knight

Monday, Michaels's, 6:30 works for me. Here's a small list of things I've thought of. Please feel free to add to it.

Tent(s)
    Sleeping bags
    Pillows
    Coolers + Ice
    Drinks - Hey PV you had mentioned H2O left from saga weekend?
    Food/Snacks - for survival although if anyone wants to sell snacks to raise money for the relay that's encouraged
    Games & Activities- Board Games etc (They did say we'd have power so a TV/PS2 may be feasible as well)
    Bug Repellent
    Card table/folding chairs
    Lawn chairs

I've checked the forecast and as of now the high in Vienna is supposed to be 87 and the low 68 that evening.

As for verizon, Rodan70 has verizon service and lives like a mile from the location and he always gets the call when we call him. I'll double check though.

sarah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.