Release in Laughter (Post TPM, Obi-Wan/Anakin, vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Release in Laughter
    Author: sheleigh
    Summary: Anakin and Obi-Wan share a moment of peace- and discover a bit about themselves
    Author?s Notes: One shot here, folks. No, I?m not insane- I just happen to write when
    I really should be doing homework... This is dedicated to Master_Comedy _Kitty for the challenge of writing a fanfic that had some happy element to it. It happened? sort of?

The shimmering sea color of the sky bloomed in the radiant rays of the sun- and in the middle of it all sat a very contended Anakin Skywalker. His eyes danced with sheer joy, as he flopped himself back onto the lush green grass that covered the hillside on which he, and his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi sat.

Obi-Wan was in much the similar position, sprawled backwards, with his head resting on folded arms behind his head. He laughed, the bright jovial sound something unheard to the younger Jedi next to him.

Curious, Anakin pulled himself onto his side, head propped on his upturned hand.

?Master??

Obi-Wan, once again under control, and much his stoic self, turned to face his apprentice. ?Yes, Padawan??

?Why don?t you laugh?? Obi-Wan stiffened, the inquisitive young man?s question clearly startling him.

?I...? Obi-Wan closed his eyes, and relaxed his position once again. ?I see no real need for laughter, my Padawan.?

Anakin immediately shook his head, the vehemence in the gesture startling. ?Everyone needs to laugh, Master. Even you.?

Obi-Wan sighed, before sitting forward, and curling his knees up to his chest, in a position he had adopted long before becoming an apprentice. Quietly, he looked at his Padawan, before shaking his head as well. ?I don?t deserve to laugh. Not after what I?ve seen Padawan? or what I?ve felt. Laughter is quite foreign to me.? He trailed off, his eyes thoughtful. ?It is painful? it reminds me?? Abruptly he stopped, and with renewed intensity turned his stare towards the Padawan Learner next to him.

?Never lose you ability to laugh, Padawan. It will be the most important thing to you through the hardest of times.?

Anakin fluently stood, and walked towards his Master, before dropping smoothly to his knees before him. With wisdom one so young shouldn?t possess, he leaned forward and stared his Master intently in the eyes, his blue one?s piercing the other to his soul.

?Master? everyone deserves to laugh. Laughter is a way of release? it removes burden?s from your soul.? The young man paused, seeming to consider to consider his next actions, before he continued again. ?And Master??

?Yes, Padawan.?

?Everyone deserves to cry.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in disbelief, before he quietly whispered, ?What do you mean, Padawan??
    The Padawan ducked his head, unsure of what his Master?s reaction meant. ?I heard you after Master Qui-Gon?s death.? Anakin abruptly stopped as he noted how his Master flinched back from the name. ?You were sobbing? while you clutched the hilt of his ?saber.?

Obi-Wan flinched again, recalling the numerous times he had done just that. ?It was a time of great pain for me, Padawan.?

?It still is, Master.? Anakin smiled sadly at his Master.

Obi-Wan nodded. ?I won?t pretend it isn?t, Padawan. But pain passes in time.?

He silently stood, leaving Anakin kneeling on the grass.

And from the whispers of the Force, the solitary voice rose. My Padawan? listen to the young one? he is wise? and dangerous.

But whispers are rarely heard.

-Finis-
  2. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That was lovely, sheleigh.

Lighthearted, with a touch of bittersweet. Lovely, lovely.

Excellent job! [face_love]
  3. Renton Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    *Lip trembles* Poor guy! *hugs Obi-Wan*
  4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. jedi_nayru Force Ghost

star 1
    That was so good! Poor Obi.
  6. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovely and bittersweet, Sheleigh - but lighthearted? I don't think so. Poor, tragic Obi; you caught his pathos very well.

CYN
  7. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Decided not to wait, eh? :p

Well - unleash your angsty fury on me any day, sheleighleighleigh. :D
  8. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwws. I have been dedicated to. [face_love] You are awesome sheleighleighleighleighleigh...leigh.
  9. The_Chosen_One_41981 Jedi Knight

star 1
    :D MCK says you would very much like for me to tell you what I think of this fic. :D

:mad: :mad: ....and to tell you the truth...I liked it very much!!! :D

*Stamps seal of approval* PASS!!!
  10. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, very angsty, Sheleigh. Not what I was expecting at first, but I love it!

You caught Obi-Wan and Anakin very well. :)

Great job!
  11. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Suzuran- thank you as always. [face_blush] I'm glad you enojoyed it.

Renton- *laughs* thank you! :)

Arwen- Angsty isn't it. And here I actually had started the thing with a lighthearted feel to it.

nayru- thank you! :)

Cyn- Thank you [face_blush]. Hmm... I hadn't thought that I had achieved the lighthearted feel by the end of the story. It had gotten a bit darker then I had actually intended- but it worked out for the better.

Bekka- waiting is something I stink at. 8-} *laughs* sheleigleighleigh... whatever, my friend!

MCK- [face_blush] thank you, as always! and your the reason this was written! *points accusing finger* 8-}

Chosen- Why thank you- I'm glad you liked it! :)

Cas- [face_blush] thank you as well. Truthfully, that isn't what I hadn't intended to write. Oh well... run with the bunny...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.