main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Release of Indiana Jones scores [confirmed!]

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Cerrabore, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Mine arrived today!

Wow, "Desert Chase" has some horrible edits.

"The Scroll/To Pankot Palace" is fantastic. "Nightclub Brawl" sounds sort of awkward without the "Anything Goes" material.

2. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    Sound quality issues aside, TOD is just such a fantastic score it's ridiculous. My favorite moment right now has to be Shorty's theme segueing into the Slave Children's theme in "Short Round Escapes".

Seriously though, there's not one moment in this score that doesn't qualify as a highlight. It's exhaustingly good.

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    It is, but I'm really disappointed by the pitch problems. It's subtle, but a lot of cues just feel a little "off." Unfortunately, it's beyond my know-how to correct wandering pitch. Also, because the blood ritual and rope bridge music is omitted, the second half of the score never gets a chance to breath. The nonstop action music is tiresome. Imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have "Indy and the Villagers" (a stunning track) and "The Secret Passage" from the fifth disc to add to our playlists.

4. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    True, it's not a very balanced listening experience once you get to "Short Round Escapes". Another sound gripe I have is that there's clearly a volume disparity between many tracks that becomes more obvious if you plan on combining cues for a custom playlist.

On the other hand, Crusade sounds great. I haven't found anything really wrong with it.

5. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, if you really want to nitpick, Last Crusade suffers from dynamic range compression. Some of the peaks are cut off. But unlike with Temple of Doom, I can totally look past this. It's not a big deal compared to the improvement in quality.

6. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm not that picky. :p

I'm not sure yet how I want to deal with "On the Tank" and "Belly of the Steel Beast". I tried combining the two, but with the new opening and ending I'm having a difficult time. Right now I have them separate and since "On the Tank" is a very well-rounded cue on its own I may just leave it that way.

7. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Where did you guys order from? I got mine from Amazon and it still hasn't arrived yet. It shipped Monday, but according to the tracker, it's still sitting in Tennessee!

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Screen Archives still hasn't shipped mine. :(

9. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    I ordered from Tower Records with regular free shipping and got the set three days before its release date.

10. Well_Of_Souls

Aug 26, 2001
    I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived on the 12th.

11. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    I hope I'm going to be getting this for Christmas! Cannot wait to finally be able to listen to Last Crusade in its not completely released, expanded glory.

12. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    My order enrages me. Two or three times a week I get an e-mail, two informing me that the price has been lowered (it's down from 50? to 28? now) but one that it'll be delayed! This is pure torture. Right now I have to wait to mid-December :_|

13. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Finally got mine today after calling Amazon on Tuesday. I wish I had time to listen to it today, but I have to go to work for the rest of the evening. However, tomorrow it will get my undivided attention.

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Listening to it through my ipod with bose headphones, I can honestly that the complaints about tempo are whining for the sake of whining. It's certainly not fast enough that my ears can detect any difference. Sounds wonderful all-around to my ears -- it's been long and long since I've listened to the DCC raiders all the way through, but listening to this release really was a revelation, and I can't wait to dig into the two scores I'm not as familiar with.

15. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Has anyone put together a sort of chronological listing for each of these CDs? AKA how to organize the tracks for a film order listening? Or even tracks that can easily be edited apart if they come from different places in the film?

16. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh, I completely forgot to mention this:

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/

Great resource for information on the scores!

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    OMG FATHER'S STUDY!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's really nice having (mostly) complete scores of the Indy music. I have been listening to them a lot since Saturday.

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Aye, it's great stuff.

But like SW, there's still a lot of stuff inexplicably missing :(

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Downloading off AmazonMP3 now. I'll tell you guys what I think at some point.

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I finally gave in and ordered before Christmas, and it arrived three days ago. I've had a chance to listen to everything once through while doing chores around the house this weekend, and I am pleased. For one, to finally have any ToD score at all (parts of "Slave Children's Crusade" remind me of "The Arena"), and for two, some great additional cues from TLC.

22. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    It finally arrived! Silly country and stupid delivery service.

I'm only somewhere in RotLA, but I'm glad I have it. Didn't ever have the old ones after all. I was always waiting for a rerelease. Clever me :p

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Does it not kick serious arse, Senny?

24. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    How did I ever live without them? I've listened to nothing else since I got them - which isn't actually often, I'm only on my 5th listen (iTunes counter reports 4, plus once off the CDs).

Crystal Skull definitely sounds newer, but it's quite Indy-y (hm, that works better with starwarsy :p).

And except for what sounds like a cat being crucified at the end of "Temple of Doom", I like the Temple of Doom score a lot more than the actual film :p Like E.T., really.
    (Temple of Doom in Temple of Doom... that's like Revenge of the Sith opening with Revenge of the Sith... not helping!)

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes I do find that I enjoy Temple of Doom's score a lot. Last Crusade remains my favorite and "Father's Study" is the cue I've been waiting for since 1989.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.