Release party for upcoming Star Wars DVD release

Discussion in 'Killeen, TX' started by Darth_Fairacon, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Folks!

I have been in touch with the following local stores in my area and all listed will be having a MIDNIGHT party to celebrate the new release of the upcoming SW DVDs due out on 21 SEP 2004.

Hastings
    Suncoast Video (Killeen Mall)
    Best Buy

A good time is sure to be had by all.

If you are interested in attending, IM me or post here.

I will be showing up there dressed in my full Darth Vader outfit from ROTJ.

Enjoy and hope to see you there!!

DF

2. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, it is confirmed...

We wil lbe at Hastings in Killeen 11pm to close on the 20th of SEP and at Best Buy in Killeen on the 21st of SEP from 10am to NOON.

Details can also be found on our new website at:
    http://www.killeenfanforce.com

Enjoy!
    Todd
    Darth_Fairacon

3. Talonmark Jedi Padawan

Hi Darth_Fairacon, most devently will be there i am looking forward to seeing your Darth Vadar uniform
  4. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Looking foward to seeing you guys as well...

:)
    DF
  5. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey Debby! :) It's good to see you again.

And DF no I won't be able to make it :( I work till 9:00 on Wed. :_|
  6. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Awww shoot..

oh well, you can catch us on the next one then.

:)

DF
  7. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you Elizabeth and congrats on your engagement!

Bright Smiles
    Tandeer
  8. TCPIII Jedi Padawan

Well that sucks for me. They aren't doing anything like that in my area. Enjoy the party everyone.
  9. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Sorry Thom (TCPIII),

Perhaps we can help you organize an event or chapter in your area??

It's a blast.

LOL
    Todd
    DF

10. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    Well folks, if you missed the KFF Star Wars DVD release parties... then you missed A LOT!

First we showed up at Hastings at 11pm on the 20th. That was a great turnout! We were approached by about 50-60 visitors to the storefor photos and inquiries. We handed out about 50 or so flyers which advertised the KFF and our new website. Hastings graced us with discount rental coupons and discounts on the SW DVDtrilogy purchase!

We showed up at Best Buy the next morning at 10am to a massive crowd! We stoood for photos and handed out about 200 flyers to folks passing by jumping in line for the trilogy set. BB sold out of the soundtrack release about an hour after they opened.

Both stores gave our KFF group a big thumbs up! We made some great contacts at both stores and THEY will be calling us for future SW events! Big plus there!

Attendees from the KFF were:
    Steve (Stormtrooper)
    Scott (Stormtrooper)
    Todd (Darth Vader)
    Jacki (photographer)

The folks really got a kick out of our costumes and the time we spent detailing them.

Jacki took some great shots that I will be posting on our KFF website in the next few days...

A big thanks to all who participated for these 2 great events.

Todd
    DF

11. nodeploy69 Jedi Padawan

hey todd, would you be so kind as to make me a disk with the photos, and for the rest of you, you really missed out on a fun time. if we have a strong "core" of people who attend meetings and events it will attract more people. I think that we could get a strong group of troops here, but i think that we may need to get some focus on what the group wants, as it is it is kind of a group of 3 faces ,,, costuming, collecting and movie fans, i am not saying that we should split the group, i guess that i would just like to know what the focus of the group is, i dont have any problem with it beeing eclectic but what ever it is i think that we need to figure it out, we have the ability to really make this a big FF, i just think that we could have points of contacts for the different areas of the group, i am sure that we can have fun nomatter what we do i just think that a well organized group attracts more people because it appears squared away, although truth be known i would love to see more people get involved in the costuming, the fact is the costumers are the PR guys and we can really make a differance with getting the group stronger i know that money is an issue for some folks and the armor is a bit costly, but there are tons of costumes out there and there is nothing saying that you all have to be stormtroopers. on that note, steve and todd, do you two wanna go win some money on halloween? there are 2 clubs that are offering a 1000.00 prize for costume contests in the area , and they are on 2 different nights, just an idea, with the 3 of us we would deffenately win.

sorry if that came out a bit harsh, that was not the intent, this is just the stuff that has been floating around in the old grey matter, i really belive that we can do this and do it well. we just havve to make ourselves become a group that draws people and right now we have that ability, we are on the edge of great things,

life is great in "the outer rim"

snd if we are voting on a new name todd has my vote, we are deffinately in a backwater area of the outer rim, lol

xoxo scott :)
  12. Talonmark Jedi Padawan

Hay Darth_Fairacon thanks for the invite to the two openings for the DVD rlease. I had a Blast and what a nice turn out =D=.

Any time you have anything scedualed let me know i will be happy to help.

Talonmark : These are not the Droids you are looking for, move along, move along.
  13. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    *stands, claps, whistles and cheers for all of those who showed up at the release parties*

WAY TO GO YA"LL!!!!!!!!

AWESOME JOB!!!!

And my biggest THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

* huge ass wookie hug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.