main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Release the Kraken!!! - Clash of the Titans April 10th @ The Bridge IMAX 3D

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok, by majority vote our next meeting/screening is Clash of the Titans at The Bridge IMAX 3D. Once again, I nominate GForce to handle ticket arrangements since the resident closest to the theater.

2. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    OK! Or should I say, "Yasou!" GF, count me in. You know I'm good for it and with this much advance notice, I know you'll pick good seats.

My sister also might want to come with us. I'll call her tonight & ask.

3. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I don't think they are selling tickets yet but will keep everybody posted.

4. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    My sister can't make it. But, I'm planning on it!

5. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Well I won't be there, sorry folks. I know, so lame but it's my birthday weekend and my mum is flying in from San Jose. Have fun!

Slainte,
    Avalyn

6. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Awww Booooo!!! I was hoping you got to meet the rest of our clan. It's ok though. Happy Early Bday. Hope you can make it to Iron Man 2

7. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Worse News it looks like the Kraken will not be released in Imax 3D, I have searched everysite and Imax Theather and nobody has a showtime for it, only in Real 3D!!! Why did the Gods do this to us, Arggghhh!!!!:mad:

But on the good news front it will be playing at the Chinese in Real 3D but so far showtimes only up till the 7th!!!![face_dancing]

8. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I could have sworn I saw it advertised for IMAX 3D when I went to Alhambra & on TV, too. Well, I saw Avatar in regular 3D. Don't worry, there's not that much difference. Certainly not the same as between regular & HD on TV.

Parking's better at the Bridge and the seats are more comfortable, too.

9. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    V the only problem is the Clash of the Titans will only be on a small regular screen, with standard seats not the Imax seats. Where as at Graumans you get the Giant(almost Imax Size) Screen and it will be played in DLP 3D in a Thx Certified Theather probably as close to the Imax Experience as you can get. I have a solution for the Parking, since it is just going to be us 4 we could all Carpool in My Car and don't worry about gas money since my Company will pick up the Fuel Expenses!!![:D] :cool:

10. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I wouldn't consider any of the Bridge screens 'small.' But, I'll go along with it either way. Your offer of carpooling is very generous and I'll probably take you up on that. It probably won't save me much time and money, but it will save us on aggravation and making sure we can all find each other when we get there.

If it's good I might even see it again with my sister the following Friday. SJ, let me know if you want to come with. I'll run that by my sister.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    VK2, If you're gonna come out to Alhambra with your sis to see it again, I'll most likely be able to make it. Just keep me informed of your plans.

12. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    Count me in. I will see it wherever you all agree to. Here is a review about the 3D quality just FYI. I am not trying to discourage but I just wanted to share.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-critics-clash-over-titans-3D.html

13. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    CD thx for the information, I have been hearing the same, but for me it was the prospect of going to the Chinese, I have always been an Imax person when it comes to 3D and was planning to try Real 3D for the first time??
    Just a note:
    The Bridge Ticket Prices are $12.75 normal, $15.50 Dirctors Hall & $17.75 Real 3D
    The Chinese is $15.75 so a much better deal for a much bigger DLP Screen & Thx Certified Sound!!
    Also the Bridge is only screening in 2 theathers: Real 3D or Directors Hall, so for me it seems the Chinese is the best deal for your Republic Credits!!!

14. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well the motion has been heard and passed by the Senate; The Chinese Kraken at 7:40pm Republic Standard Time. As for Tickets as soon as they become availible I will percure them:
    GF-2
    SJ-1
    VK2-1
    CD-1

Please let me know if any additional Tickets are needed??

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Ticket Update, Alas still not availible online, if anybody has access please let me know, also I would appreciate confimation of tickets needed, Thx

16. Clawdite_Daisy

Apr 4, 2003
    Since we will be in Hollywood, are the aftermovie plans still the same? Or shall we keep it all in Hollywood?

17. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    CD as always all are welcome at my Homestead after the Film but you make a good point since it will not be over till past 10pm and we wouldn't be back at my house before 11:30. Also there is the Car Pool situation??? I think it is best to see how everybody feels after the Film, I was also planning on a RB only night on the 24th. Also still no tickets availible only updated till the 9th, since this is not assigned seating please feel free to pick up your tickets.[face_thinking]

18. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I'm glad CD is coming this time. Missed ya, CD.
    If we're going to a 7:40 show, maybe we should plan to meet early and get something to eat?

GF, What's an "RB only night?"

19. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Sorry for the double post, but no late afternoon like the last time? 4:30/5:00 would be such ideal times...if they were good for everyone else, of course.

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    It's 1 hour and 50 minutes long. And since it's not assigned seating everyone is responsible for getting their own ticket. When tickets are available we will probably go for a 4 or 5pm showing so that way whoever carpools with us, can get to GForce's homestead early enough so that we can all leave early enough to get to Hollywood, park underground, and not have to rush to get in to the theater.

(UPDATE) tickets are available for saturday, The two best times are 2:40 and 5:20pm. I'm thinking 5:20, anyone else?

21. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I spoke to soon, the Gods have released the Kraken on my House, Mary just discovered a Major Water Leak that will need mending, so Saturday is out for us, since with work that is the only time I have to call a plumber.

22. Clawdite_Daisy

Apr 4, 2003
    Oh no! Movies without GForce? Where's the fun in that? I can relate on Plumbing issues. You have to be on top of it or it winds up costing you more later. I'll bring your DVD's on the 24th. Maybe I'll go as Rock Star Zoe.

23. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    How about if we reschedule for the 24th at a matinee? Then you could still play Rock Band after the movie. (See, I figured it out myself.)

24. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    V I knew you would, well if everybody wants to go this weekend no worries or the 24th we could combine events and maybe an earlier screening would leave more time for other things!!!1[face_thinking]

PS: the 3D continues just got and E-Mail from Sony and Resident Evil: Afterlife will also be in 3D!!!

25. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    I might skip that one. I enjoy the Resident Evil mvies, but wouldn't spend $15+ to see any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.