main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*******RELEASE THREAD - DARK KNIGHT*************

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by alexanderj, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexanderj

alexanderj Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2005
    Finally its is here , this is probably my first official movie that i have put soooooo much effort into and i hope you enjoy .
    Please give me your opinion
    (go easy on me most of you guys are alot older then me so...)

anyway i hope you enjoy it

http://rapidshare.de/files/19832966/DARK_KNIGHT_Live.mov.html

special thanx to ..

blazer 003

wildstormfilms

ryan-w

and everyyone else at TFN!

2. Catp

Catp Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I enjoyed watching it. A few things that I noticed where
    1. saber blades seemed too short
    2. In the suicide scene once the red saber drops into the river you can see it green on the fall.
    3. I hated the starting texts. Too long into movie. I think I would go with a crawl instead.

All and all I enjoyed the movie ecspecially the samurei ending

5/10

3. alexanderj

Aug 26, 2005
    hey thanx!

4. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Hmmm, it's not bad.

A few points you should take into account (I'll highlight-read them incase I spoil anything) :

-"A jedi/sith on Earth". With this type of film, I always get the impression that this is a kind of excuse to not have to bother with making a set or green/bluescreening everything. What would have made it better is if you'd set it on a Star Wars planet, which would have made it much more believable.
    -The choreography was pretty good. I enjoyed watching the fight, but for a while I thought "This isn't a fanfilm, this is a duel". In the end, I was kind of proven wrong, but I still got the feeling that there wasn't any real story to it, just a twist at the end of duel.
    -I liked the dialogue, although there wasn't much of it.
    -It was good that you had a twist, but as soon as he mentioned a brother, I could see it coming.
    -No problems with the lightsabers.
    -What bugged me quite a bit was that you used various shots that were created by other people. I'm not sure why I get annoyed, and I know you had permission and thanked them...I dunno, perhaps it's just me.
    -The lightning was very good.
    -Anoher buggy thing was the opening titles. It took up about 1/4 of the total length, and I know it was ncessary to have them, but you could have reduced them. Once I'd read one, I'd sit and play with my elastic band for a while, waiting for the next one. Oh, and you should fix the spellings. And get your tenses correct

I'd give it 4.5/10 on the Morpher Scale.
    And to summerise:
    Not bad. Enjoyable in places, but rather predictable.

Hope that helps :)

5. alexanderj

Aug 26, 2005
    thanx aswell! (im not like other people who get really anoyed when they get a little bit of criticism!lol)

6. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    I enjoyed it, but I could see it coming all the way, sorry. too cliché for me ;) it's still fun to watch though.

I'd give it a 5/10, since fanfilms these days have to be REALLY good to get 10/10. (like IMPS and such)

7. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    "im not like other people who get really anoyed when they get a little bit of criticism!"

Only the most foolish of people do that.

8. Ajunta_Pall

Ajunta_Pall Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2006
    Well, it was ok... it wasn't spectacular but it wasn't horrible either.

The intro text was too long, and the intro CGI with the ships in space was pretty good but against a real life backdrop it looked kinda icky. All right, to be honest I stopped the movie when I saw a guy in a black t-shirt and Battle of the Heros started :/

Maybe I'll watch the rest later...

Edit: And Why Was Every Single Letter In The Intro Capitalized? It Got Really Annoying Really Fast. Also, The Spacing OnTheWordsSeemedClumpedTogether And There Were Some Rather Obvious Grammar Problems. x_x

9. alexanderj

Aug 26, 2005
    well you cant really tell me what you think until youve actually seen it all.....

10. Draconis

Draconis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2004
    I thought it was pretty good. It definately had a lot of good effort in it. The CG, force lightning and lightsabers, were pretty good. The choreography looked good in parts, but in some other places, not the best. Try not to speed up parts in post, you can always tell. The acting, was decent. A good effort, but there are ALOT of other fanfilms with acting that is worse, than you could possibly comprehend, out there. The ending with the samurai-esque suicide I rather liked. The plot twist of the jedi being the brother of the sith was somewhat predictable, when the jedi mentioned something about the sith's brother.

Overall: 5.5/10

EDIT: p.s. Never take the oppinion of someone that just barely signed up, and especially hasn't even watched the movie yet.

11. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    "EDIT: p.s. Never take the oppinion of someone that just barely signed up, and especially hasn't even watched the movie yet."

Well, I wouldn't say that. It doesn't matter whether they've just signed up or not. Sure they'd have a better understanding if they've been with us for a while, but they could have been lurkers or members of other forums. But true, take no notice if they havn't watched it all ;).

12. alexanderj

Aug 26, 2005
    thanx for the replys guys ,its good to know how i can improve,by the way none of it was speeded up,none.

13. alexanderj

Aug 26, 2005
    anyone else got any thoughts?.........

14. DarthHerror

DarthHerror Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2006
    Strange... Rapidshare doesn't work for me... Could you post it on yousendit or something like that? I'm very curious about your movie!!!!

15. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    I'll keep it simple. It was good. It wasn't great. It wasn't horrible. It was good.

So what if it was slight predictable. Or if the text was too long. I was just glad for once I didn't have hit fast forward through another long and pointless crawl. For that you get 3.5 out of 5 on my scale.

Backyard productions with some story are great. Good work.

16. Paulius

Paulius Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2006
    Ummm, need to make a point here.

Sure, you don't have to listen to someone who hasn't seen the whole movie...but because they only recently signed up?

This is about my 5th post. I signed up this morning.

However, I've got 3 years of media studies, and Bachelor of Arts Degree in Writing and Film studies under my belt.

Are you saying that my opinion (and other people's like me) don't count because we're new to this particular forum?

That's a little short sighted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.