main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***RELEASE THREAD - DEALT IN SPADES***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by EonKarr, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EonKarr

EonKarr Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Here is a short film that me and my friend worked on over my winter break. Give me as much feedback as possible and thanks for watching.

Plot: A clandestine meeting and sinister plot disguised by a game of cards.

Genre: Spy/Drama/Suspense/Live-Action

Rated: PG-13

Starring:
    Craig Helfer as The Resident

Marc Carpenito as The Visitor

Runtime: 7:22

Here's the Link to the movie. You can download it off the site but it is streaming so.
    http://arbitraryproductions.blip.tv/#613519

2. Lightsaber_Monster

Lightsaber_Monster Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Great little film, good work!!!

Pros - Convincing acting, realistic gunshot wound

Cons - Grainy footage

Improvements - Shoot in day then do a DTN conversion

3. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I really liked this one, a vast improvement from your workshop entry last year. It's a tad dark in places - I'd suggest overlighting then underexposing in the camera - but for the most part it works. The hand he lays down as he dies said to me right off what the trick would be, but the reinforcement for those that didn't catch it the first time around is good.

4. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Not a bad little short you've got there. :)

You set a nice mood, which is excellent. I was actually really happy with the payoff at the end. Prior to the last few moments, I really thought this film was made to showcase someone's new wife carafe. :p

The beginning felt a tad bit slow. I think it could have been tightened up a bit.

Most of this was shot very well, though there were a few shots I wasn't a fan of, mainly the shot of the house and the person's legs filling most of the shot and stopping there, and then that same character's entrance into the house (the stepping back and panning over w/ the camera).

Pretty nice work overall. :)

5. EonKarr

EonKarr Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Thanks for your feedback I really appreciate it. I think we could have done the leg scene a bit better maybe a little faster for dramatic effect. That was actually me in the shot and because of different reasons my friend couldn't be there so I improvised.

What's funny is I bought that decanter for my parents and thats the first time we used that in years.

I have to say my favorite scene was the decanting scene just because I like the color.
    I knew someone would catch the metaphor we put in there.
    I agree with the slowness I guess my friend and I were being artsy with the shots.
    Thanks again for all your feedback guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.