main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Release Thread for "Wrath of the Mandalorian"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by lordvaderFF, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyiokuXL

RyiokuXL Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    hm... 2.5MB/sec seems pretty fast, i believe you meant 2.5kb? if thats the case that's weird, i'm getting 136kb/sec

EDIT: Can't tell if your :eek: face was a sort of "wow thats fast!" or "wow thats really slow" kinda face..

2. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    no I meant 2.5mb.

Edit: While I thought there were some problems with it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really nice to see Boba Fett in full on kick butt mode. Nice costume, very nice costume. One part had me in tears. I don't know if it was supposed to be funny but wow I was rolling. When Boba Fett gives plo koon the ol' snapped neck from hell. Also, those had to be the dumbest jedi ever. I'd think that some of the last jedi to survive would be among the smartest and the most resourceful, apparently not. Either way, I guess it made it pretty funny to watch. The blue screening/compositing at the end was pretty so-so. Also, the lightsabers could definetly use somework. Despite my complaints however, I give this a 8/10, for the shear fun factor.

3. RyiokuXL

Jun 2, 2005
    OK, just watched it... good story, some of the effects just really annoyed me though, most particular the AT-ST's walking... it just didnt' look right. The keying at the end could have been better, as well as the environment.

Also on that shot where the 4 jedi are walking through the woods, i noticed the jedi in the back were blurred because of depth of field, however the lightsabers had no extra blur? It just made the effect seem flat.

I loved when Fett used the radar thing on his helmet :)

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i'm a downloadin'...

5. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Rating: Worth the download and time to watch it. (Which is a rare thing IMHO)

True the saber rotoing needs a lot of work, but aside from that the fight effects rocked.

I loved the fact that you had a wide range of effects.
    The story was believable and fits in the SW universe very well.
    The fight between Vader and Fett was a worthy one for those two characters.

Camera work was nice too

- The Cat

6. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Glad you like it peoples.

I'll try and get the Producer to drop in and say hello in the next day or so.

Must say, it was a challenge at time doing some of the Vader scenes, but it was all fun.

7. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004
    While I liked the acting and the action and the costumes, I really did not like the story. As far as I'm concerned, only one jedi would have been needed to take Boba Fett down and without much trouble at that.

I don't care how much you like Boba Fett, he's no match for ANY jedi... IMHO.

8. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    its amazing!

can you tell me how where in the Star Wars Timeline this happens?

Like how many years before SW3 or how many years before SW4?

Again this great! ^_^

9. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, they say in the film Mace Windu died 10 years ago....so I'd say 10 years after Ep3.

One thing to keep in mind, this was written BEFORE Ep3 was released.

So the Mace Windu fight and the Red Guards in action (as seen in Ep3) wasn't known when this was created.

10. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    You know what? I will forever cherish this fanfilm for one reason, Boba Fett's tender moment with Plo Koon. Thank you, thank you for that. [face_laugh]

11. Way-Of-The-Force

Way-Of-The-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I love seeing Boba be ruthless like that... taht's something I think Lucas feared of doing in his movies, and it made this oen pretty cool. The whole Vader fight thing was eh... and the sabers needed work but... good film... 7/10

12. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    8.8/10

:0

I really liked it.....I wasn't even closely looking at the effects because there were other things to watch....and that is only when it is a reaaly good film.... so :)

and I think I liked it to see boba's rough days too :p

13. Master_Moti

Master_Moti Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,

Finally it is up! Hope you all enjoy it.

To answer some of the questions:

- The Jedi's are not dumb, they have just reached a point where their force sensitivity is so low that they have virtually lost their advantage. That is why the lead Jedi (which i voiced, though it is not me) remarks about not being able to sense the ...... The point is that like the Jedi in ROTS, the ability of the Jedi to see the dark side has been significantly reduced. The other point is that Boba has made it his goal to defeat Mace Windu, so learning how to kill a Jedi is something he would have studied;

- The timeline is meant to be when Boba is early 20's. One of he reasons for the Boba and Darth meeting is that until now he has been obsessed with finding Mace and killing him. The fight with Vader, and the taunting he gives Boba, sets in motion the Boba we see in future years, and the respect he is given by Vader.

- Our effects guy did a gret job, but he had never seen SW so the Walkers were a foreign concept to him. Considering his first try, I thought it came out alright;

Anything else, just ask!

14. Evil-Henchman

Evil-Henchman Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2004

Fett stating "He's no use to me dead" about Han solo and Vader stating that Boba will be well compensated by the empire if Solo is dead is hardly grounds for assuming that Vader respects Fett. Now of course one could logically assume that Vader DOES want to keep the empire and various bounty hunters on good terms with eachother. Again, just my opinion on the matter.

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    The Jedi's are not dumb, they have just reached a point where their force sensitivity is so low that they have virtually lost their advantage.

Nah, they're dumb. Heck, even a person with NO jedi ability wouldn't die so easily.

Anyhoo, as much as I would like to really enjoy this film, it just felt really flat. The costumes and all that were really cool, but without a good story line and acting, it just all fell through.
    The poor VFX certainly didn't help either. From the flat looking lightsaber blades to the really bad green/blue screening, it just didn't give credit to the effort put into the rest of the film. I mean, that hangar miniature is AWSOME. We all saw it in the BTS photos, but the way it was used with poorly keyed foreground elements just sold the miniature short...which was sad, because I really, really liked what I saw in the photo gallery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to cause a fuss, but these are my immediate thoughts. Take them, or leave them.

'Wrath of the Mandalorian'
    4/10

Effort and Attitude of Those Involved
    10/10

16. Vivli

Vivli Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    Well, I thought that was really good. The visual effects I thought were very good, even if the lightsabers weren't perfect and the animation on the walkers slightly off, all little things. I also disagree that the Jedi went down too easily; for ordinary Jedi, they went down like any others. The Battle of Geonosis in the movies showed us they aren't the godly superhumans we think, and now with their powers diminished, it makes perfect sense. The only slightly questionable death was the final Jedi to go down, having just taken a punch, he could have fought back, but that's beside the point.

The fight against Vader was good too, although Fett probably did better than he should have. Seeing the Royal Guards in action was awesome (although why did Vader have the Emperor's guard with him?). Oh, and it was a great 'bridging feel' with the Clone Troopers being there instead of Stormtroopers.

A few of the shots seemed a bit sudden. For example the opening shot of a Star Destroyer cutting to another Star Destroyer panning over the top. It may have been slightly harder, but that could have been an awesome long shot as the camera soars over the bridge like it does, and then under another Star Destroyer, instead of cutting to it. And the cut from Fett flying towards the Death Star to being stood outside his ship with Vader there seemed a little sudden too; I'd of liked to actually see the ship land and Vader walk out, but these are just very minor things that come down to personal taste. Overall it was a very good effort.

Have you thought of submitting it to TFN? I know they're very strict lately, but I thought it was very good, and deserves to be on there.

17. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Awesome job! I wanted it to go on! Showing the jedi purge!
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/HAPAJEDI/nod.jpg]"No disintergrations"
    I though it rocked!

18. AidanOnasi

AidanOnasi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    I really liked this fanfilm, it was awesome. lightsaber effects weren't so good, but it doesn't matter, as a whole, WoM was a very good job. hope you plan to create another movie like this

19. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    that was a great fanfilm! sure, there a couple of things that could have been different, but no one here is LucasFilm, so pulling off the FX as well as we can is the goal, not pulling them off identically, although that is what is aimed for.

first off, the opening crawl was very well written and executed. it sets up the film, but doesnt actually reveal any of whats about to happen. a common mistake for some is to tell the whole thing almost within the crawl. good job on that!

your opening shot with the Star Destroyers is probably one of the best ive ever seen in a fanilm! it almost has that ANH feel to the beginning of the film, which is a nice touch.

the lightsabers werent perfectly rotoscoped, but considering everything done in the film, im willing to look beyond that and see the overall picture. it does seem a little out of place, but its still a pretty good job.

sure the AT-STs look artificial, but as its been said it was the FX guy's first attempt and he did pretty good with it too.

nice inclusion of the Wookie homeworld, its not often a setting for a fanfilm. unfortunately, pulling off a believable Wookie costume is a l ittle tricky, so im not surprised how you handled that problem, although Fett doesnt strike me as the type who would scalp a Wookie for any plausible reason i can see. again, a minor thing that can be overlooked...

Vader was fairly well executed. sure it doesnt sound just like JEJ, but no one really expects that as none of us are professional voice actors. it was good enough not to be corny.

Fett's costume, was extremely detailed and well-done. youd swear it was the same armour from TESB! obviously the voice isnt just like Temuera Morrison, but the same reason above applies.

the whole Fett with a lightsaber thing seemed awkward visually. ive no doubt that as a bounty hunter hed use any weapon available to him, but i have a hard time seeing him as one who would train with a lightsaber. the duel with Vader was OK, but again it seemed strange to watch Fett vs Vader in a duel. oh well, artistic choice and directors vision are exactly that - the prerogative of the individual(s). cant argue with it so just accept it.

it was nice to see a coupleof different Jedi in there, although it seemed weird having Plo Kloon in there considering he was supposedly killed in ROTS. perhaps he escaped, thats the nice thing about his death scene, you dont actually see his death in ROTS. the Plo Kloon in the film was well-executed here as well. its nice to see Jedi, not four kids pretending to be Jedi. i am inclined to believe that they would have sensed the detonator though. they may have been unable to sense the Dark Side, but a detonator im fairly sure would register...

sound and audio issues were non-exsistent, at least on my computer. no problem hearing anything at all. compression with DivX is a good choice, although if you ever have time to go back and recompress, there will be some who would probably not mind seeing a QT version up. your choice, not mine, but just a suggestion.

loved the film! if you do another one, please dont hesitate to let us know. BTW, its pretty nice that you hadnt seen ROTS, but was able to nail the cause of death of Windu without knowing beforehand. risky, but it worked out!

thanks for sharing the film with us and MTFBWY!

BTW, where is that guy who kept complaining about seeing this?

20. Ravenger

Ravenger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    i just watched this film
    tho the effects are a bit crap i must say i enjoyed it
    the story is pretty good tho i doupt vader would have left fett alive if he pulled that stunt on him in the movies hehe

21. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    The file won't download for me. Its saying operation has been canceled. Can't even click on it, this is wha i got "The download of the specified resource has failed." any ideas?

22. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll ask what's going on G.....see if we can get it fixed.

So many comments....great stuff.

On the whole Plo Kloon thing, we had Matt Sloan (Plo Kloon) at a convention in Melbourne a few months ago, he explained that he wasn't shot down, he was just changing the CD and lost control, so it was possible for him to come back......so he said. :)

23. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Thanks, I'm trying again now.

Got it, its working now.

24. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    Downloading now, 44% done, 139 KB/s, pretty good download speed, by the way, why are we all talking like this?[face_laugh]

25. RyiokuXL

Jun 2, 2005
    to block out spoilers n such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.