1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Relics of the past - A Republic Commando RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by 92SE-R, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    "With the weapons I prefer to use, aim really doesn't matter too much, but not it hasn't. Why? Are you jealous, ner vod? When was the last time you were able to rip a droids' head off with your own two hands??"

    Blaster smiled at the jest, "Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?"

    Tofer was one of the few clones he had served with that he felt truly understood him and he enjoyed his company. Using the hand signal to "put on your helmet," the two clones had a private comms conversation as they walked down the hallway.

    "So, what are your thoughts on our tardy little general? Do you think she will cover our shebs when the osik hits the fan? Or is this going to be an every clone for himself kind of mission? You know how these Jetiise can be sometimes . . . ori'buyce, kih'kovid!"


    Tag: Tofer


  2. RuneEisahn Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2008
    star 2
    IC: AR-5687

    Aero listened intently to the briefing. Interesting. Very interesting. Big job. Big fun. Lots of clankers. His brothers had to be thinking along the same lines. As they filled out of the room, he heard his name being called. Strange, that never happens. Turning around, Aero heads back into the office of Master Zey. "Yes, did you need to talk to me General??"

    TAG:Any
  3. DarthRaziel69 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Tofer

    "Blaster smiled at the jest, "Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?"


    "Copaani jare, vod?" Tofer said in response.

    Tofe followed Blaster into putting on his buy'ce, and opened the secure private channel with Blaster. Blaster seemed like he would be reliable enough to be able to trust him to keep himself and Tofer alive when things starting going bad. Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman, Tofer thought to himself.

    "So, what are your thoughts on our tardy little general? Do you think she will cover our shebs when the osik hits the fan? Or is this going to be an every clone for himself kind of mission? You know how these Jetiise can be sometimes . . . ori'buyce, kih'kovid!"

    "Gar serim, but its too early to really tell. All I've seen so far is that she is late, which could prove problematic, if she is also late to battles. I haven't served with her before, so I don't how combat worthy she is. As far as when the osik hits the fan, I say we go with our normal battle plan of relying on our squad mates, and if the jetii happens to be there, that's all the better, maybe."

    Tag: Blaster
  4. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    Turning to face Tofer, he concluded the conversation by saying "Hukaat'kama ner vod . . . ret'lini." He saluted his brother, and then boarded the transport back to Arca Barracks.

    Tag: ALL
  5. DarthRaziel69 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Tofer

    Turning to face Tofer, he concluded the conversation by saying "Hukaat'kama ner vod . . . ret'lini."

    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur a hukaat'kama balyc ner vod . . . ret'lini."

    Tofer saluted his brother in return, and followed him into the transport to head back to the barracks to get ready for the mission.

    TAG: ALL
  6. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    IC ~ TC

    TC had been about ten yards behind Blaster and Tofer, barely regarding their conversation. He was more concerned about how the mission was going to play out, especially as the general in charge of them had been tardy for the breifing, never a good impression to clones. TC himself could tell that she was still young, though, technically so were all of the clones, and was still learning. Not only that, but she looked as if she had only been knighted at the begining of the wars, a common action by masters with padawans old enough. TC didn't personally approve of this, as it disallowed a proper training. But knew that what a jedi chose was probably for the best in the long run, even if she was tardy.

    As he came to the transport docks, TC noticed that Tofer and Blaster were also returning to the barracks. TC found his way to the seat behind the two, and remarked in a bland tone,

    "So, what do you think of the mission?" TC knew that like any good clones, Tofer and Blaster were probably more than pleased to be able to take part in this, and that he was probably feeling a tad more on edge due to the danger of thier lives. TC felt that the question was necessary never the less, and looked to his brothers with a slightly quizzical look.

    Tag ~ Tofer and Blaster
  7. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    Looking over his shoulder, Blaster removed his helmet. ?I don?t know how it has been for you before now ?Teece,? but I have lost too many brothers in this war to lose two more. This mission is probably going to be the toughest thing we have ever done and the most important. If the Seps succeed, this war is over before it begins. Sgt. Bralor trained me well and I have learned a thing or two since Kamino.?

    Blaster seemed to stare off into space momentarily, as he flashed back to Geonosis, his old squad mates were caught out in the open. They seemed to be passing by in slow motion, cut down by heavy blaster fire from a droid stalk tank. Blaster would always feel guilty for using the mangled bodies his fallen brothers as a protection from enemy fire. He wouldn?t be here today if he hadn?t and that was the part that hurt the worst. He had an overwhelming hatred for the clankers for taking them away, his brothers from birth . . . his pod mates. He vowed to avenge his brothers and strive to be better than he was that dark day.

    Tag: TC and Tofer
  8. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    IC ~ TC

    TC nodded in understanding, he knew that Geonosis was the first actual battle in the war, and that the Republic was unaware as to properly deploy troops at that point.

    "Of course we'll need to suceed, after all, it is the fate of all of us. I may not have personally seen much failiure or loss in the operations I've participated in and lead, but I grieve for our fallen."

    Tag ~ Tofer and Blaster
  9. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Master Zey

    Zey watched as the ARC trooper walked back into the office. Zey closed the doors behind him.

    "Please, have a seat." Zey said solemnly.

    Zey adjusted a datapad on his desk and looked at the clone.

    "I'm not sure why they would assign an ARC to a squad of RC's, but I feel it's a waste of resources. So as of now, you are offically off Theta squad."

    Zey could feel a little shock run through the clone.

    "Don't take it personally. I need to have you run a side mission for me. One more suited to an ARC than a RC. What I didn't brief the others on was that we have determined, as best we could, the scientist the Seps probably have used to make this latest weapon."

    He pushed a button and a little holographic figure came to life on his desk: a Bothan wearing an overcoat.

    "It's odd enough that a Bothan is working for the Seps. It's even odder that they were able to find a scientist of this caliber that is a Bothan. But I digress. His name is Na'ak Krashtille. The research scientists for the Republic would love to get their hands on this being."

    Zey tossed a datachip over to Aero.

    "That is all the information we currently have on the good doctor. Your mission is relatively simple. We need you to locate and apprehend Krashtille. Given that he is probably the head scientist on this project, we are fairly certain that he will be on Teth with the weapon. You are to hitch a ride with Theta and General Kelnica on the destroyer heading there. After you reach the planet, you will go your seperate ways. I would almost suggest going in before Theta, so as to have a higher probability of getting the doctor unharmed. Once you have him, signal the nearest outpost using the call sign Raptor. A successful apprehension and call for evac will be signaled when you state: The raptor has the prey. Not very imaginative, I know, but it doesn't need to be."

    Zey straightened his clothing a little.

    "Do you have any questions for me?"


    tag: Aero

    GM side note for Aero: If you don't have any questions, you don't have to wait for Zey's response to leave.
  10. DarthRaziel69 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Tofer

    Tofer had noticed that TC was following him and Blaster back to the barracks. TC must have lost brother soldiers as well, just like I have, Tofer thought to himself, and the artificial eye is proof of that.

    Tofer climbed into the transport behind Blaster, and then TC followed suit.

    "So, what do you think of the mission?"

    Tofer removed his helmet and turned around to look TC in the ?eyes?.

    ?It?s critical. If we don?t succeed, the war is over, because the war would never have started. Us clones would have been annihilated before we could we can stand on our own two feet. Kamino would probably be completely slagged. General Windu and the other Jedi on Geonisis would have been massacred, and the droid army would steamrolled through the galaxy. This mission will be unlike anything we have ever seen in this war, and anything we have trained for. There is no ?retreat?. There is no ?surrender?. This is only succeed or die. Unless we can manage to save Tar and Res, they will have been the first two to die to save every last one of us clones.

    ?I don?t know how it has been for you before now ?Teece,? but I have lost too many brothers in this war to lose two more. This mission is probably going to be the toughest thing we have ever done and the most important. If the Seps succeed, this war is over before it begins. Sgt. Bralor trained me well and I have learned a thing or two since Kamino.?

    ?Agreed,? Tofer said, nodding head solemnly. ?We need to see if can save Tar and Res if we can, because we will need their help on this job. Sgt Skirata and Sgt Vau didn?t train weak commando?s, but this is beyond anything even they have encountered. We will all need to watch each other?s back, if we are going to stay alive, much less succeed in this mission, which for us is one in the same at this point.?

    "Of course we'll need to succeed, after all, it is the fate of all of us. I may not have personally seen much failure or loss in the operations I've participated in and lead, but I grieve for our fallen."

    ?I do too, TC, but we need to stay focused and alert, so that we can save them, so that they can at least die in battle with honor, not in pod tubes as babies. They deserve the chance to at least fight for their lives."

    TAG: ANYONE
  11. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    OOC: I will be AFK until Monday. Everyone needs to be on board the destroyer by then. Have fun!
  12. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    IC ~ TC

    "Us. We need to save us, 'cause if we fail, then in a thought we'll die twice, once in failing the mission, and twice when the Seperatists destroy Kamino." TC replies, finding it interesting that that was possible. A couple moments later, the transport comes to a stop, and TC departs, entering the barracks.

    Tag ~ Anyone
  13. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    Blaster thought to himself as he exited the shuttle, "Well, at least everyone seems ready."

    Thinking on the task at head, he couldn't really recall how he made it to the squad's room. It was just force of habit.

    Heading to his bunk, he began to unpack his locker taking extra care with the fuses and detonators, and the small and easily concealable hand tools he had swiped from the armory. He hoped the ordnance sergeant would understand his motivation but secretly didn't care if the sergeant really missed them.

    With no personal effects to leave in storage, he grabbed his remaining gear and headed to the assembly area.

    Tag: ALL
  14. spycoder9 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 23, 2008
    star 4
    OOC: Sorry for the delayed reply, but with Sin of the Saints, Tropical Terror, Intervention, and Real Life, it was hard.

    In Character: Kelnica Tunus


    After the debriefing, Kelnica Tunus, wisened and forlorn, listened quietly to the clone talk, which had grown very annoying. But with her best efforts, she had calmed down all anger, and peace was tranquiled throughout her body. After exiting a small shuttle they had been riding on, she headed to an assembly, where she noticed one clone trooper, Blaster, was his name, and approached him, a small glint of a smile on her face.

    ?Greetings, clone trooper. I am sure we shall become powerful allies,? she said, and using her force powers, she could feel a grateful attitude coming from him. Like she wanted to just hug him like Julim, like her dead husband. Forgetting horrible and forgotten memories, she waited for a reply. Her question had been surprising, she was sure.

    TAG:RC_6376
  15. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    The young Jedi stood in front of him. ?Greetings, clone trooper. I am sure we shall become powerful allies." He felt an overpowering surge of emotion that he could not explain. He had never experienced such feelings before and felt helpless to find a frame of reference. Nothing he had been trained to do could help him figure this out.

    The more he thought about it, the more he realized that something was very wrong. Shaking his head to regain his faculties, he replied, "General, was there something you needed? If not, I must prepare myself for the mission."

    He decided he would have to ask his clone brothers if they had ever experienced this sort of thing before.


    Tag: Kelnica Tunus
  16. DarthRaziel69 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Tofer

    "Us. We need to save us, 'cause if we fail, then in a thought we'll die twice, once in failing the mission, and twice when the Seperatists destroy Kamino." TC replies.

    "Exactly. We have to succeed, even if only to save our own lives..." Tofer responded gravely.

    The transport arrived back at Arca barracks, and Tofer crawled out of the transport. He half-consciously followed Blaster back to the bunk room, and had arrived before we was fully aware of it, still in deep thought about the importance of the mission that has been set before them.

    He opened his locker, and realized he really didn't have many supplied, and absolutely no personal effects. He grabbed the few things he did have, including his personalized heavy repeating blaster, and left for the assembly area.

    He arrived at the assembly area, and sat his pack down. Blaster was there, and so was so was the Jedi, General Tunus, who was quickly approaching Blaster.

    Tofer quickly put his helmet on, and turned on the 360 degree field of vision and zoomed in on the General and Blaster. He turned the microphone amplification up and was able to just make out their conversation.

    ?Greetings, clone trooper. I am sure we shall become powerful allies,? she said.

    "General, was there something you needed? If not, I must prepare myself for the mission."

    Well, this looks interesting, Tofer thought to himself. It's not everyday that a Jedi General takes this much interest in a clone.

    TAG: General Tunus and Blaster
  17. RuneEisahn Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2008
    star 2
    IC: Aero

    The former ARC took a seat as the General suggested, and listened intently to the following sentences. He was being reassigned to an ARC Trooper. He was surprised, yet relieved. But he stayed quiet as he listened for his 'special' mission. "Hmm, you want me to sneak into the compound and find the scientist before the RC's or before he's dead. Interesting." Aero said. "I'll leave before Theta, as to arrive at night and for easy access. Thank you sir. I have no questions."he said, saluting him and leaving the room.

    TAG: Any
  18. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    Not knowing what else to do, he moved to the edge of the assembly area, his back to those who were gathering. He hoped to be left alone for awhile. Perhaps solace would bring clarity to this new found situation.

    Sitting down and closing his eyes, he began a familiar and repetitive action to take his mind off of things. Field stripping his DC-17m always seemed to do the trick and was about as zen as he could achieve.
    Being able to see the correct path through the confusion had always come naturally to Blaster, making him ideal for his specialty. He hoped his instincts would serve him as well now, as in the past.

    He lost himself in the motions and waited for the familiar hum of the approaching shuttle's engine.

    Tag: ALL
  19. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    IC ~ TC

    TC didn't seem to notice the time it took him to get to his locker, collect what he felt was completely necessary, and eventually arrive at the assembly area. He found that everyone, even the jedi, had arrived before him, except for Aero, who must've been held back. TC noticed that Blaster was sitting at the wall, and was instinctively dismantling his blaster rifle. TC grinned a tinge, feeling that it was an interesting way to pass the time until the shuttle arrived. TC himself felt that it was necessary to ensure that he was fully fuelled, as his jetpack worked on an ionized particle cylinder instead of tibana gas. TC was fully quipped, his EMP launcher slung over his back, pistol in it's holster at his side, and his rifle on the other side, along with both rifle and sniper attachments on his jetpack. To most, he would look like an unnecessarily over equipped trooper, to him he felt comfortable.

    TC figured that he may as well ensure he understood what he could about the Jedi General leading the six man team, and chose to approach her. Standing straight, TC salutes respectively to the Jedi and then eases his posture.

    "Sir, how do you believe the mission will play out?" TC was curious as to what the Jedi's intentions and goals were in order to achieve success, but figured he start off ideally.

    Tag ~ All
  20. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    Name: Lorcan Mantish
    Age: 35
    Species: Zabrak
    Gender: Male
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Force Sensitive: Yes
    Physical Appearance:
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 175 lbs
    Hair: None
    Eyes: Deep Green
    Skin: Deeply tanned
    Weapon(s): Double bladed lightsaber that can detach and become two separate lightsabers
    Preferred Clothing: Jedi Robes, mostly.
    Specialized Skills: Specializes in telekinesis. Also some-what proficient in Force healing, but mostly suited for short term fixes, which has come in handy on the battlefield.
    Brief Bio: Like most typical Jedi, Lorcan was raised in the Jedi temple on Coruscant. the start of the war was unnervingly easy for him to step into. He seemed to find a certain niche on the battlefield and enjoys being around his troops. He has come to respect and admire the clones for their dedication to the Republic. He is also saddened at the darkness that has engulfed the galaxy and wonders what will become of him, and the millions of beings that are fighting for the Republic.
  21. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    IC: Lorcan Mantish

    Lorcan held his footing as the LAAT/i circled the parade grounds outside Arca barracks. He saw a young Jedi female and five clone troops close by. The pilot expertly set the transport down on the ground, barely making the ship shudder. Before the ship had fully come to rest, Lorcan jumped out of the side hatch and walked over to the small group of people.

    "Troopers, load up!" he said over the whine of the still running eniges.

    He watched as the troops loaded up, making mental notes of each one. He leaned closer to Kelinca.

    "A word with you, young Master."

    The two walked a little ways away, far enough to where the clones wouldn't be able to hear their conversation.

    From the clones perspective all they could see was a couple nods of the head, and then General Kelnica handing over the datapad to Lorcan. She walked away from the grounds, and Lorcan came back into the larty.

    "Alright, troops, slight change of plans. I am Master Lorcan Mantish. I will be taking over this operation. Master Zey has fully briefed me on our mission. We will get more aquanted once we meet up with our destroyer that is currently in orbit."

    Lorcan nodded to the pilot and the doors slid shut with a hissing seal. Everyone sat down as the ship took them to the awaiting destroyer. There wasn't much talking on the way there, not that Lorcan could hear at least, but he knew the clones were probably talking to each other on private frequencies. That was perfectly fine with him.

    It took a little bit, but the pilot leaned over to Lorcan.

    "General, we're on board."

    "Thank you."

    Lorcan looked to the clones in the transport once again.

    "Alright, gentlemen, unload and find your way to your private barracks located on deck fifteen, room twelve. It's now," he looked down at his chrono, "eighteen twenty-five. We will meet in the forward briefing room on deck four at twenty-two hundred hours. That should give you a bit of time to get some grub and tidy your things away. Any questions?"

    There was no response from the troops.

    "Excellent. I'll meet you all there, including you Aero."

    Lorcan stepped off the larty and disappeared into a door.


    tag: all


    ---

    OOC: GM side note: due to certain circumstances, Kelnica has to leave the game. It is on god terms, and hopefully she will find her way back later in the game.
  22. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Oct 10, 2008
    star 3
    IC ~ TC

    TC nodded in response to orders, and proceeded to the barracks. Upon arrival he put his wepaons, helm, jetpack, and upper body armour away, donning a simple grey shirt with his serial code. TC felt that the armour was still quite constraining, but never complained, as his was technically better than others. With a lazy feeling TC made his way to the mess hall, feeling that a good meal'll feel good.

    Tag ~ All
  23. RC-6376 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 8, 2010
    IC: Blaster

    Blaster followed his brothers to the barracks room. Placing his gear on his bunk, he unpacked and sat down for a moment, searching for the nearest data terminal. "Time for a little data query," he thought, pulling out his custom data acquisition unit.

    He removed a small probe from his device and placed it into the computer terminal port. Using the toggles from his helmet, he began to access the HoloNet. He watched the data stream from the security of his helmet free from intrusion. After several seconds had passed, he smiled. "I'm in," he thought.

    He began an encrypted data search which piggybacked on his general information search. The main computer would not notice it unless it was specifically looking for it. Even if it did, Blaster's device would sever the link before a trace could be initiated and replicate user access all over the ship. It would be impossible to be sure which terminal was used or by whom. As far as the Republic was concerned, Blaster was searching for the latest music downloads from Alderaan.

    Tag: ALL

    PM Sent: GM

  24. RuneEisahn Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 10, 2008
    star 2
    IC: Aero

    Aero shifted his head slightly at those orders. Shaking his head, he headed towards the barracks. When he arrived he began placing all his equipment down in a way that he'd easily get to it if things got rocky. He placed his helmet underneath his armpit and headed towards the mess hall, finding TC on his way as well. "Hello brother.." Aero began.

    TAG: All
  25. 92SE-R Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2005
    star 3
    GM update for Blaster

    Blaster's piggy-back signal wove it way through the fairly open systems that the Republic had. Not attracting any attention for the purpose of his query, he finally found a snipet of information: Mind control and persuasion by Force users. It was buried in some obscure archives in the Senate, but it was still marked as low level clearance, bascially public knowledge if anyone wanted to look deep enough. It didn't go into a lot of detail how the Force users accomplished this, but it did give some tips on ways to stop it.

    Blaster quickly downloaded the file and shut off his connection.


    tag: all
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.