main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reliving Shattered Dreams - Sequel to Forsaken and Begotten (OWK/QGJ) - Chap 7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Uh, hello everybody! Haven't really been here in a while. Not sure how many of you may still remember me. So for those of you who do, It's good to be back and I am happy to see you again. For those of you who don't know me, it's nice to meet you! :D

A number of years ago, I posted a number of fics. One of which was what I call my Epic, known to everyone else as Forsaken and Begotten. It was started in response to a plot bunny Shanobi posted where Obi-Wan was sent to Bandomeer and Qui-Gon wasn't. As a result, the Togorian Pirates captured Obi-Wan and held him captive. Later, the paths of the Pirates and Jedi cross and Obi-Wan is discovered to be alive. After a lot of other circumstances, Obi-Wan returns to the Republic to face judgement for his crimes as a Pirate. Forsaken ends shortly after the trial finishes.

After five long years and constant struggle, I have finally managed to find my muses to bring you the Sequel to Forsaken and Begotten. This might be a little confusing for new readers, so you might want to read Forsaken first.

At this point, I would like to post chapters on the 15th and 28th of each month. Wish me luck! Now, shall we begin?

Title: Reliving Shattered Dreams
    Author: Arldetta
    Timeframe: set about 5 years after the beginning of JA #1
    Genre: AU
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: George, can I please just have 1% of the interest you make off of Star Wars royalties, PLEASE!! That's not asking much, honest!
    ** Author's Note: In my normal stupidity, I have forgotten to mention someone who has been very important in the posting of this Fic, my illustrious and wonderful Beta and Friend, DianeTHX!! [face_love] Thank you for all your help and support over the years, it has meant so much to me!!! And please forgive me for not mentioning this sooner. [face_blush] **

-----------

Chapter 1: Nightmare into Nightmare

For the light of day that
    Cannot still the trembling of your heart
    And the black of night that
    Does not bring a blanket of comfort
    Forever shall the nightmares consume you

Obi-Wan had been there for almost a week and the bruises were no longer visible. It wasn?t exactly his fault, although he should have had better control ? at least he would have if not for the infernal collar. It was then that he noticed that his hand lingered on the smooth metal that still wrapped his neck. It was an unconscious habit that he only recently became aware of when lost in thought.

At first he hoped that with good behaviour he might convince them to remove it. Regrettably, he supposed his initial entrance did not offer a good enough impression of him. Not that he believed they would have removed the collar anyway. Sometimes, it is that little glimmer of hope that sees one through the darkness.

It was heading into after midday now and he had managed to remain reclusive amongst his fellow inmates even during mid-meal. After everything that had happened recently, he needed time to think and recover. While the Sensory Deprivation Cell did give him solitude, it took everything he had in him not to go insane. With the collar on he just didn?t have the full resources he needed to deal with the situation adequately. It had only been a few days since then and he had finally been allowed to rejoin the regular populace - once the Facility Healer cleared him. However, it appeared as though his luck had run out. He felt a sharp jab in his leg.

?Get up, Jedi-boy.? The former pirate ignored the dull throb from where the other boy kicked him. Obi-Wan continued to stare off at the small garden fountain. He was perched on a very low partition that sectioned off this area from the rest of the extensive room. This was the closest place in the R&R room that he could find that barely resembled anything close to the Fountain room in the Temple or even the lake by his home on Togoria.

?Come on, Jedi-boy. Get up,? the tall boy sneered.

Long ginger ban

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

So many regrets, the disheartening decisions that led him down this path of pain. But the one that would stick out most for some time to come, was the fact that he never knew the boy?s name.

Why does that matter? He was no one. His constant tormentor laughed.

It matters to me! He has a right to be remembered. He was someone?s child once. Just like I was. It wasn?t fair that his life ended so horribly.

A meaningless life.

It was not meaningless.

How would you know? You knew nothing about him.

That?s irrelevant. No life is ever meaningless. The Force guides us all.

From that...to the Temple in one chapter - I can breathe again.

Wonderful to see the sequel..I'd given up hope, quite frankly.

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    WOW! :eek: That was instense! If you have a PM list, please add me to it. I'd love to read more.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Welcome back Arldetta.[:D]
    Forsaken and Begotten was an excellent story and when Obi was torn away from everything good. I cryed.:_|
    Now I'm overjoyed that you are writing the sequel.[face_dancing]

I look forward to reading this. If you have a PM list may I be added.
    Thank you for continuing.=D=

Thank the Force he's out of that horrible jail.O:)

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Welcome back. F&B was a great story- I am happy to see you continuing it

6. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Thank you to those who remembered! I really appreciate you reading! :D

Valairy_Scot: To be honest, I had almost given up hope too. I was very excited when the muse finally came back! Hope you enjoy this next part!

p_stotts: Thanks! I will try to remember to PM. Alas, my memory's been a bit dodgey lately. :(

Gkilkenny: Thank you! I will do my best to PM you!

PadawanKitara: Thanks, me too!

Well, on with the story! Enjoy!

Chapter 2: Awakenings

Sleepless thoughts and sightless dreams
    to the waking mind seems
    Careless memories of distant nightmares
    Of which the night gleans.

A hundred and one questions burst within Obi-Wan?s thoughts in a matter of a heartbeat. All of which remained mute for the moment as there was no reason to give them voice. Walls could not provide answers and all he could do was wait for another to enter. The hand still seeking the collar slowly moved to massage his temples and he fell back into the medcouch. Closing his eyes his mind began to run through thousands of scenarios that could have brought him back to this place.

And yet on another level his feelings were twisted and tangled. As such he began to break them down touching each one in turn, naming it and letting go. It was a lesson he had learned very early on in his training, one he still practiced on occasion. Confusion ? Fear ? Relief ? Fear ? Anticipation ? Fear ? Hope ? Fear. He let out a soft chuckle of dismay. He could already hear in that raspy voice, Much fear I sense in him. And it was true. He couldn?t believe how much fear had come to permeate his soul but in this peaceful cell it haunted every breath.

Somehow against all hope and reason, he found himself back in the one place he had longed to return to. However, now his heart whispered of a lake near a small village filled with friends and family. A place he wondered if he would ever see again. Would he get the chance to explain to Tuuvu that this was the only way he could see to save them all? That this was the right thing to do? They had too little time on Onderon. The look of anguish on his Patron?s face pierced his heart. What have I done?

How could so much go so wrong in so short a time? He wanted to know. For all his good intentions he really messed things up. Will Tuuvu ever forgive me? Will I be alive and sane enough to find out? Can I face the rest of the Jedi after all that I?ve done? Will I always be looked at as a criminal? Will I ever find a place where I truly fit in? That last thought effectively silenced all the others for the moment. It was an underlying question he had been asking himself since he was first shipped off to Bandomeer. One he was still seeking an absolute answer for. So engrossed in his turmoil, he didn?t even recognize his own voice echoing his distorted beliefs, ?I don?t belong here.?

?On the contrary, I think you are exactly where you need to be right now.? An unfamiliar voice responded. Obi-Wan?s eyes popped open to see this intruder. He was surprised to find a young man he guessed was in his twenties with sharp green eyes and soft brown hair. ?And don?t even think about getting up yet. You are still recovering and trying to do too much too soon will only make my efforts moot.? The figure had been leaning just inside the doorway but seemed to spring to life now that his presence was known. He pulled out a datapad that had been tucked under his arm and started looking it over as he closed the gap between them.

The pirate continued to stare for the time being, saying nothing ? revealing nothing. His past has made him cautious when encountering new people. However, no matter how leery the youth was, this Healer seemed not to notice. He performed a quick exam, checking readouts and stats. Both remained quiet for the time, speaking only when necessary. Finally, when it seemed they were done, the Healer put the pad d

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    =D=

I'm so glad Obi-Wan was candid with his answers - he needs to be, and he needs to follow Ki-Adi-Mundi-s advice - release his emotions into the Force.

Excellent!

8. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan. [face_worried] He really is very confused. And his vision, I suspect, held not a full circle but rather a broken one. *cough* Xanatos. I haven't read the prequel to this, so that's just a guess. I wonder now, when will Qui-Gon pop up in the story?

Thanks for the PM. You have me very intrigued with this. Can't wait to read more. :D

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Very good beginning. Since I liked the prequel, I'm sure I'll like this one, too :)
    Though I am worried for Obi...[face_worried]
    Can you please PM me when you update?[face_praying]

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I wonder if the Council will assign some of the blame to themselves

and Yoda![face_shame_on_you] Now there is a culprit.:oops:
    [face_thinking] If I remember correctly Yoda's last conversation with Obi-Wan in Forsaken was a tear jerker.:_|

Yes, and Qui-Gon. It will be interesting to hear from him.:cool:

I must go back and re-read Forsaken. It is a great story.[face_dancing]

Thanks for the PM.=D=

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Oh my gosh! I've been waiting for this story for a long time. Your story, "Forsaken and Begotten" is one of my all time favorites. I have it on a disc and read it a few times a year. Can you tell I'm excited about this one? Please add me to your PM list for this one.

Okay, now that I'm a little calmer, just let me say that this is off to a great start and I wanted to hug Obi in the first paragraph! Great job and I can't wait for more!!!! Welcome back!

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Right I've just finished re-reading Forsaken and Begotten
    and now I'm ready for the next chapter.[face_dancing]

13. windz

windz Jedi Master

Jun 11, 2006
    Thank you so much for coming back! Been waiting for a long time. I don't suppose you could find your muses for 'Mask of Duty' as well? ;)

14. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Hello Everyone! First off, sorry for being a day behind. We were away for a wedding and I didn't realize I would not be back until now.

Valairy_Scot: I agree. I try and let my emotions go more, but it's not as easy as it sounds. I hope Obi has better luck. ;)

p_stotts: A broken circle? Xanatos? Who's that? :p I guess you'll just have to wait and see what the vision was truly about, unfortunately, you will have to be patient until that time comes. Qui will arrive shortly. You will see.

GeneralKenobi7: Well, I am glad you liked Forsaken. And I hope you continue to enjoy this one too. Obi is in a bit of a fix, so we'll see how things play out for him. Thanks!

Gkilkenny: Well, blaming never really pushes things ahead, does it? It tends to keep things in the past. But we will see what happens. And yes, I remember that scene with Yoda being a tear jerker too. It will be interesting to see how things will progress for all of them. Thanks for re-reading Forsaken. That's a haul! Hope you enjoy this next bit. :)

jedidas3: I know and I do feel really bad about keeping so many people in limbo. And I am truly flattered that you liked Forsaken so much. [face_blush] I just hope my muse will keep us all happy and well fed until this story has finally concluded. Thanks again!

windz: I know, hopefully the sequel will have been worth the wait. And as for Mask, I do hope to get back to that as well. But I've run out of stamina and gotten old, so I can only concentrate on one story at a time. But I have vowed to myself to finish the SW stories I started! So I will get to it someday. [face_beatup] Thanks!

Now, On with the Chapter!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: Reunion

Simplicity of sharing love,
    Can be found in the tiniest gesture.
    When you hold someone else above,
    You?re rewarded by their pleasure.

His thoughts were still adrift on the seas of uncertainty when a familiar sound interrupted. It took his meandering mind only a moment to register what created the sound and by then it was too late. An overexcited Mon Cal Padawan came rushing in, instantly embracing him. He sighed almost contentedly at the situation.

Bant pulled back slightly, her large bulbous eyes consuming his vision. She chastised him, ?How dare you wake up without me here? I waited for hours for you and when I finally go to class you wake up!?

He laughed lightly and apologized. From their time spent together after their reunion, he was beginning to feel like his old self when she was around. Visibly relaxing at their familiar banter, he grinned.

She leaned back now and sat down at the edge of the bed, not hiding her assessing gaze. Her healing training as much a part of her now as being a Jedi, she swept her eyes over him. Most of the bruises were gone, only slight discolorations here and there. And his prior pallor was returning to a more natural colour. Satisfied with what she saw, she returned the grin, ?You are mending well.?

?Apparently, I have been well cared for, according to Padawan Aden Kai.?

?So, you?ve met then??

?He came in after I woke up.?

At that, she frowned. ?I was hoping someone would be here for you when you finally woke. I wanted you to know you were safe.?

?Don?t worry about it. I knew exactly where I was even before I opened my eyes.? At her questioning look, he added, ?Having been in the Ward often enough in my youth, I became familiar enough with it to recognize it immediately.?

?Your youth?? she huffed. ?You haven?t even hit your eighteenth cycle yet.?

He laughed with her despite the haunted feeling that coursed through him. Even though his time in the universe was barely the blink of an eye, he felt so much older than he truly was. So much had happened to him, it seemed incredible to think it had all happened in so short a time.

An awkward, comfortable silence fell between them, if that were possible. The pair were comfortable with e

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Adi makes the Tribunal sound ominous. I wonder did Siri tell her that Obi saved her.
    I don?t like that evil little voice in Obi?s mind.[face_not_talking]

Thanks for the update.=D=

16. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Very nice, Aridetta. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for the PM. Obi seems to believe that the Council's verdict is a foregone conclusion. I hope they're not dunderhead imbeciles, as many stories portray them. Hopefully, being tried by Jedi standards will make a diffence for Obi-Wan. I guess we'll find out.

Now, when will Qui-Gon appear, and, more importantly, have his view of Obi-Wan changed for the better?

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    What a wonderful get together for the three! Lovely update!

18. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Lovely reunion. You write Bant and Reeft perfectly:D

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I got to read two updates :)

edit: and am so tired I hit the reply button before I finished typing. Obi-Wan has a reason to be nervous. This tribunal does not sound encouraging

20. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm on time! Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. There will be reference to incidents in JA and how they progressed in this timeline. And we're building up to something I think we have all been waiting to see. I don't want to spoil any more so on with the replies and then the show!! :D

Gkilkenny: Well, considering how things progress for the Republic trial. Even without Adi I would be pretty apprehensive about the Tribunal. And I don't like that little voice either. It's evil! [face_devil]

p_stotts: No problem! All I can say is, if I were Obi-Wan I would think it would be a foregone conclusion too. There is enough stacked against him to fool himself into believing he has a chance of coming back. Gee, I hope they're not dunderheaded imbeciles too. That would be a horrible prospect. What I do hope is that with their diversity they can view all aspects and make well thoughtout and proper decisions. ;) I know, I have kept Qui out of this for longer than I expected. Give me just one more chapter please and you'll see. :)

Valairy_Scot: Yes, I thought it would be nice for Obi to get a break from all the harsh issues he was facing and see friends again. I'm glad you enjoyed it! [face_dancing]

GaneralKenobi7: Thanks! I know Reeft has really been fleshed out anywhere so it was nice having a bit more creative freedom with him. I can't wait to bring them back.

PadawanKitara: I love it when that happens! ;) Yes, I agree, Obi has a lot to worry about in the coming days of his Tribunal. Wish him luck!

Come on chapter 4!!!

------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: The Steps We Take

So hard are the steps we take,
    Timid footing or Assured won?t shake
    So often are they made blind
    Seeking in a forest a path to unwind

With one faltered step,
    May take a lifetime to restore
    With one?s constant regret,
    Your forgiveness we implore

Heading to the Healer?s Ward, Master Uulia Uvontra Vylond walked calmly down the practically vacant halls. The hour was still very early even for most Jedi. Which was another reason why she was winding her way through the calculated maze that comprised the Jedi Temple. While her services were already procured for the coming Tribunal, she now had the privilege to escort one Obi-Wan Kenobi along with Master Adi Gallia to the Council Chamber. This honour bestowed upon her the previous night when Knight Qui-Gon Jinn had regrettably informed her he was required to attend another meeting regarding the future of Ashua Correctional Facility that would keep him from his duties this morning.

The Council had felt it prudent to conduct Obi-Wan?s Tribunal with as much discretion as possible. All sessions would be held under the strictest confidence and at times when there would be fewer observers to notice these special sessions. By doing so, they have only released the information to a select few that would be vital to determining the former student?s fate. Of course, being privy to the guarded information was only a necessity for those being summoned at the proper times to appear, give testimony and retire again. This would be quite opposite to the public display of the Republic Hearing that the young man had already dealt with. Only the Council and those they deem integral to the whole proceeding will be able to remain in the Chamber for the whole Tribunal. Fortunately, being a Soul Healer ? not only familiar with helping younger Jedi through hard times but also the laws and concepts found throughout the Republic Justice System, Master Vylond would be one of those few.

Stepping inside the main entrance to the Healer?s Ward, she raised her paw-like hands and pushed the soft brown cowl off her head. No stranger to this part of the Temple by any means, the Koyn moved past the reception terminal and made her way into the numerous halls that housed various patients. Up ahead she spied a fellow furred humanoid only a third her size at a desk speaking with his apprentice.

?Your t

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I get first reply[face_dancing]

I love how you wove in Melida-Daan with Kai's story. It keeps it close to cannon and doesn't feel AU at all when you do that.

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    It's a better story if you don't stay true to JA - else you're just rewriting JA in a sense. It's AU - go all out.

Wow, the tension...too bad the soul healer couldn't get Obi-Wan to meditate before facing the Council. I sincerely hope they LISTEN and listen to the Force - as Jedi they should; if they do, Obi-Wan has a great chance.

As in so many of these stories, much depends on the Jedi and their willingness to hear the Force.

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Very interesting and believable.=D=

Adding the Melida/Daan incident under another name was brilliant.
    It gave Obi-Wan a look of how others might leave or find their
    path altered.[face_thinking]

Yes I've read the JA books many times and if I want to read it word for word I will pull them out of the cupboard and read them, but I don't.[face_talk_hand]

I'm sure all the Obi lovers know how the books pan out. They are good but they've been done already. (Thanks to D W. J.W.)

A new version like yours will be much more interesting to read.

Its AU. Go off in any direction you want.

Just don't kill Obi [face_praying] :_|

Thanks.[:D]

24. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    ?Those robes suit you, young one.?
    That's what I always thought:p

I agree with the others; since this is an AU you can go wherever you want so don't worry:D

25. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Hopefully, the Council will see fit to restablish Obi as a Jedi. The question now is... is Qui-Gon ready to take him on as his apprentice? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I wonder, though, what would have happened with Anakin had Obi never returned to the Jedi? Would Qui-Gon have survived Naboo and trained him? Or would he have remained undiscovered on Tattoine? Or worse... would the Sith have found him?

Intriguing thoughts. Thanks for the PM! Loving this so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.