main
side
curve

VIDEO REmake 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by FatBurt, Jun 16, 2018.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Winner 2018 World Cup Pick 'Em Game star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Jul 21, 2003
    E3 had a bit of a run through on the remake of the best Resident Evil game, namely the second one.

The original REmake on the Gamecube and then ported to other platforms was excellent and the addition of Lisa Trevor and a few other twists to the game made it feel fresh and new.

RE2 has had the same treatment and has been brought up to modern standards BUT, whilst it looks like they've lovingly remade the basis of the game, the game style is in an RE4 model now.

https://kotaku.com/seeing-the-resident-evil-2-remake-in-action-soothes-my-1826870845

Above link has an initial overview of an attendee to E3 who saw the game in action and a clip of the new gameplay style.

It looks interesting.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Definitely doesn't look like RE4 to me. Looks like an actual survival horror game. 4 pushed the series into the action genre, and I'll forever loathe it for that. RE2 has limited resources, no randomized crates of ammo, no dissolving enemies... It all looks fantastic. I can't wait.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Never played a single Resident Evil game before, but this has me contemplating jumping on board. Looks great.

4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I am beyond excited for this game. It looks like a blend between the original game, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 7. Seems like a recipe for success to me.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 8

Jul 19, 1999
    Started watched the gameplay vid- got creeped out by it only a couple of mins in!

6. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Exactly.

I love RE2, it is IMO the pinnacle of RE games with a superb story and very claustrophobic location with narrow corridors and increased enemies.

Coupling that with increased atmosphere and the typical ammo rationing (I'll be playing easy mode) just a straight recut would have been amazing. The fact they have removed the tank controls and brought in RE4 controls (which I can take or leave) shows that some amazing thought has been put in here.

If this ticks boxes well, I'll take a recut of RE0 and then RE4 and leave it at that as all RE games from 3 onwards (skipping 4) were pants, although I concede that YMMV here.

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2017
    I can't play the original RE games.

Cuz spiders.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I sincerely hope it's more in line with RE4 or RE7 and not Revelations 1 and 2. The episodic nature of the latter games really took me out of the story, even though the atmosphere was fantastic at parts.

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

Actual gameplay footage

RElease date of Jan next year.

I will be playing this on easy and I will have the lights on

BigAl6ft6, Chewgumma and Life like this.
  10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Seeing footage of this game and RE7 makes me want to jump into the franchise. Never played one before. What's a good starting off point? The REmake? 7? 4?

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want the start, Remake of 1, but like Metal Gear chronology, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    REmake

Remake 2 (When out and provided the overall story is similar to the original as I'm aware some changes are being made)

RE 4

end

Life and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. Endol

Endol Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    In my other online life I am Neptune, staff member at Project Umbrella . the site is quite old and broken, but I and a few friends have been doing the Project Umbrella Podcast for like 5 years now. Our podcasts can be downloaded here: https://projectumbrella.podbean.com/

RE is my first franchise I have truely been invested in and the thought of REmake 2 is horrorific. The game looks amazing no doubt, great zombies, and after the return to form with RE7, proper survival horror is back. But, and its a big but, as a long term fan since 1997 it is the storyline and the surprisingly cohesive threads that have lasted all these years. The Raccoon City incident and the RPD as a location is covered in RE2, RE3 and REOutbreak, and along comes remake 2 and just ****s all over the canon. Major details are being changed, Marvin's knowledge of what Chris and Jill had told them beforehand, date changes to when the outbreak occurs etc, it's messed up big time and I for one am not happy!

Unless there is a remake of RE3 and Outbreak, this game I fear is going to mess up 20 years of continuity!

14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Skip 4. It's dumb and adds nothing to the overall narrative of the franchise.

15. Endol

Endol Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    RE4 felt really off when it came out story wise with 10 years of story being dismissed in the opening crawl just like that. However since that game it's become more Relevant. RE5 (which probably has the best in game story line) directly ties into it along with the CGI film Damnation. Theres even hints in RE7 DLC about the Los Illumanados.

RE4 is a great game. But not a great resident evil game and set the series on a very different path

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Ahhh I'll buy it at a high price!

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What are ya sellin'?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 12, 2012
    Resident Evil 7 has been the only mainline game I haven't played yet (still have a PS3) so I dunno if I will go into that eventually or Resident Evil 2 remake. Like those final levels in the game on a high def remake would be insannnneeeee.

I actually have RE2 on N64. Yes they somehow crammed the entire game onto an N64 cartridge. Quite a feat!

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Terrify yourself by not only getting a PS4 but play it in VR!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.