main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Remember Seeing The Originals?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ep3Jedi, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep3Jedi

Ep3Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Are there members in this St. Louis forum who remember seeing the Original Trilogy in the THEATERS (as opposed to videos)?

Also, where are all of the GenXers who were at the TRU Midnight Madness sale for Star Wars merchandise? Seems like many of the posts are from those in high school (no offense to our younger fans in St. Louis -- just trying to get a sense of who is in this group). I know there are lots of Star Wars fans in this area who are in their late 20s, 30s, and 40s, but there is no real group here or events to attend.

P.S. I was at Celebration II and noticed many Missouri license plates on the drive back from Indy.

2. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    there were some Illinois ones too! :p

and sorry, all I know is that I did is RotJ in theater, but I don't remember it :)

3. BlueLeader22

BlueLeader22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    I remember seeing ROTJ when I was 3 when it first came out, I remember everything about it even where I sat in the theater :) What a great memory that was!

4. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Hell yeah I remember seeing all 3 in the
    theatre.I was 12 in 1977.I can't remember how
    many times I saw ANH it will always be just
    plain Star Wars to me,but I know it was alot.

5. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    I remember seeing ROTJ in the theatre, I was either 7 or 8. I didn't really get it, to me it was just strange back then.

6. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I remember seeing the Special Editions in the theatre. [face_plain]

:p

7. XdarksideX

XdarksideX Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    i really dont remember when a new hope came out because i was only 3 but my mom and dad took me to the drive in to see it but i totally remember esb and rotj..i can remember being at the theater for rotj and the first scene when vader comes off the shuttle everyone went nuts cheering.. it was alot of fun...

8. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    The first time I saw Star Wars (ANH)I went with a friend at a dollar show at a theater out on Olive and Woodsmill. Her brother took us, and their little sister ( who we never seemed to get rid of any time we went somewhere after that). The EBS and ROTJ I also saw in the theaters once again with my friend and her kid sister. Geez, that seems ages ago.

9. mediaboss34

mediaboss34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    All 3. I was either 6 or seven when my big sister took me to see Star Wars (Ep4 A new Hope) at the esquire. It was the first movie I saw as a kid. Some years later, I took her son to see the SE in a theater for the first time. And now my little one has seen a Star Wars film in the theater, too. He won't remember it, but he was there.

10. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    I remember seeing the SE in theatre.

But the first time I did see Star Wars was when I was 1 year old. In 1982 when they showed it on television for the first time. My dad recorded it, back in the day of VHS, and we would watch it all of the time when my Mom was at work because she doesn't like SW very much.

11. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Remember? Yeah, I definitely do.

1977, age 10. Creve Coeur, MO. Not the big new-fangled multiplex, but the old theatre with the humongous screen. The line went all the way around the building. Being a kid, and it being 1977 when most kids weren't as completely media blitzed as they are today, I don't think I really had any expectations. It was weird though, my parents standing in a long line like that for a movie.

I totally loved it. If you think about the whole pre-adolescent girl thing it'll be natural that at the same that I wanted to be Luke Skywalker I also had a huge crush on Luke Skywalker.

1980, age 13. I don't remember which theatre I first saw it in, but I was SOOOOO upset when the movie ended. I needed more. Much more. How could they leave me hanging like that? But I was completely hooked.

1983, age 16. Well, nothing ever makes teenagers happy, so it's no wonder I was somewhat disappointed. Basically I thought 3/4 of the movie was superrific, and 1/4 of it was a big marketing scam. I thought George sold out bigtime with the Ewoks. But I was again totally in love with Luke, he radiated with maturity and such calm power. And, with the exception of the rubbery-ness of the Jabba puppet (not too lifelike to my eyes), I thought the escape from Jabba's palace was cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Ah, the good old days!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.