main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Remember when the trailer first aired.........

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Anakin_Prime, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Non-SW fans really can't understand how incredible the ROTS trailer was, because it showed everything we've been waiting for for such a long time.

2. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    I remember lurking at that point here. :p And all the redundant threads. Adn the videotape from Peru. Ahh, good times.

3. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    Lobster!

4. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    damnit Daver now you made me crave langosta!!

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yes, absolutely.

I started flailing around and making incoherent noises when we saw Anakin choking Obi-Wan. And the music for that shot... Oh YES YES YES YES my man in black has arrived!!!!!!

I'm reliving the experience by writing this post, I think. :p

6. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Good point about non-sw fans might not know how exciting it was for us. After I saw the trailer, I knew I was finally going to see Anakin show his power in a very dark and lethal way. It wasn't going to be sugarcoated if you know what I mean. I can't wait to watch it again on the DVD, i'm sure the memories will fly back even stronger than they are now.

7. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Best trailer for any movie I've ever seen in my life! Even all the previous Star Wars films. It was the one trailer I saw where the film actually lived up to the hype of the trailer. Somply Brilliant and amazing. I'll never forget it.

8. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    That trailer was the best, it was cool to see some footage of ROTS at the time.:)

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The Teaser Trailer didn't excite me as much as Ep 1's and Ep 2's did.
    Now, the Theatrical Trailer:
    I've been sitting in front of the computer all night (as with the Teaser). The first version I got to see was a low-quality filmed at a theater (not from a cell phone camera, though) which started out with "Is it possible to learn this power?".

Then they announced it on German TV. Thing is, here in Austria we have Austrian Ad windows and the Trailer was shown in one of them. Same happened with the Teaser. I actually spent an hour calling various people working at the Austrian TV department of that channel to remind them not to block it with commercials. Sadly, I was without luck.
    However, the same day (or was it the day after?) it got shown on a Austrian music station. Though, they didn't show it at exact positions. Therefore I stayed tuned for two hours, clinging to the remote, the VCR set. AND IT FINALLY CAME ON!
    It was brilliant.

10. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I remember getting up at 8:00am to see it exclusive on UK TV, that was amazing, it certainly woke me up and I must have watched it 10 times in a row with the video I recorded it on that very morning!

WOW! [face_hypnotized]

11. SithDudeRBF

SithDudeRBF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Ah, memories....

Teaser: I had to set my VCR to record it that night. It was my first day of work at Circuit City. I remember reading Shadows of the Empire in the car before I went in that day. Anyway, I get home that night, I watch it who knows how many times. I then jump on to tF.n and I read something or other and I saw the link that would change my life, "Discuss this on theForce.net Message Boards" or something like that. I click and I find this glorious world. I then downloaded the trailer and watched it frame by frame. It was a good moment.

Then the world of spoilers....

Theatrical Trailer: I also was subject to something far worse than water torture, the OC. I actually fell asleep during the show, but I was prepared for this. I set my alarm for five minutes before the show would end. And when it did end...wow.... I also remember several inconviences dealing with my name on the boards...some bans and what not. But that...was a long time ago.

I remember downloading small soundbytes and what not. It was a great time to be alive.

Has there ever been an official Nostalgia Thread on this forum?

**I also like to use elipsies**

12. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    That trailer is still good today!

Now I just wonder why the hell they didn't put that shot at 1:46 where we see Vader walk past the camera before he kills the Separatist. It is so cool.

Please put it back in the movie Georges!!!

13. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    Whatever happened to the shot that looked like an imperial landing craft{from ROTJ} flanked by the ships that looked like Tie Fighters? I swear I didn't see this in the movie.....

14. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Actually, that was not intended to be when Vader slaughters the Separatists, they just put that background in it. It was intended to be Vader walking through the Temple on his way to get to the younglings.

15. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Ahh that trailer made me go down stairs in my haouse And announce to everyone that that was th best 2 minutes of television ever.

I loved all the episode 3 trailers especially the teaser and the 1st theatrical.

A month before the movie everyday after school I would come home and watch all of the trailers. Good times (tear)

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

16. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    poker posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That trailer is still good today!

Now I just wonder why the hell they didn't put that shot at 1:46 where we see Vader walk past the camera before he kills the Separatist. It is so cool.

Please put it back in the movie Georges!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that was not intended to be when Vader slaughters the Separatists, they just put that background in it. It was intended to be Vader walking through the Temple on his way to get to the younglings.

whateves that scene's intention was i dont care but that scene MUST make the DVD.Vader looks so cool in human shape with his hood on his head.

17. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Theta-class shuttle, V-wing starfighters, yeah they must've cut it, maybe it was intended for the return to Coruscant after Sids' picked up Kentucky-fried Vader at Mustafar[face_thinking]

18. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    LOL Good one.

And I like the post from the basher, turn ROTS lover. [:D] LOL

I watched the OC all the way through. I was 100% spoiler free up to that point, except for the teaser trailer. Man the dork that announced it was coming on... felt like SW. :D I taped it of course and watched it about 10 times that night too. A buddy of mine that isn't into SW was over and I was modding his xbox. He must have thought what a nut at how shocked and amazed I was at the preview. The arrest scene was the best surprise. I won't forget it. I remember downloading TPM trailers, but not being half as excited. SW grew on me a lot since then.

19. jediprson

jediprson Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    It was well put together.
    I loved it.

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Darth_Hydra posted on 10/6/05 1:05pm
    I remember it well. There were tons of people here who ******* and moaned about how unfair it was that the Mods wouldn't let us post links to it on the Internet. The entire front page of this forum was covered in redundant threads. I still say the Mods did the right thing. [hr][/blockquote]

Indeed they did. Besides, I had it within the night anyway. [face_mischief]

21. MeliDef

MeliDef Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I was so giddy, just like the 4 year old I was seeing Star Wars the very first time. I remember jumping up & down because I knew this one was going to be awesome!! I was just mad at Fox for making sit thru the OC, but the trailer more than made up for it!!

22. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i hate old threads

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I hate spam posts. Please don't post if you don't have anything to add to this topic, but feel free to tell us about any memories you have about the teaser trailer or full trailer.

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    That was such a crazy time to be a moderator here! It was hard work. ;)

I remember we had a thread for people to request links to be able to download the teaser (It was released to Hyperspace members first) and Ghent (Paul Ens) from Lucasfilm told me in no uncertain terms that the thread had to removed!

I fought for you guys, but Paul wasn't for turning! [face_laugh]

25. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I can't remember because I stayed spoiler-free for 3 years, even away from the trailers. Do I regret it? Not in the least. Staying spoiler free for E3 was probably the best thing I could've ever done as a Star Wars fan.

I'm sure you could imagine my reaction when I saw the trailers on the DVD. Total shock and amazement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.