main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Rememberance-OC-Post NJO NEW POST!! 9/7/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jkf4232, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Title: Rememberance
    Category: OC, Post NJO
    Timeline: 80 years after NJO
    Disclaimer: I do not now, nor have I ever owned Star Wars. This is my attempt to create a complete story for once.

Characters-

Jedi-
    Ryla O'Sur: Female Human (Jedi Knight)
    Lowbacca: Male Wookie (Jedi Master)
    Quintin O'Sur: Male Human (Jedi Trainee)
    Rosar Fey'lya: Male Bothan (Jedi Knight)
    Lyn Re'Osir: Female Twi'lek (Jedi Trainee)

Sith-
    Yoshui- Female Human (Sith Apprentice)
    Polick Rao- Male Human (Sith Master)

Allies and Enemies-
    Tossh- Male Quarren (Pilot/Weaponeer, Ally to Jedi)
    Xoz- Male Faleen (Mastermind, Ally to Sith)
    Aclor- Female Mon Calamari (Healer, Ally to Jedi)
    Pran- Male Human (Pilot/Demolitionist, Ally to Sith)

Ryla O'Sur sat in the Grand Auditorium on Ossus, waiting for her Master, Lowbacca, to finish his converstaion, with the aid of a translator, with several younger students, including her brother, Quintin. Even though she was a full fledged Jedi Knight, and able to take on apprentices of her own, she had one more day of training with Lowbacca, he'd insisted on it. Looking around, she saw nothing but bare walls, and a very large ceiling, like it had always been. A soft smile came over her face as she thought back to when she first came to the academy, ten years ago, when she was thirteen.

Ryla walked down the ramp of her dads freighter, looking back only once, to see her four year old brother waving at her. Smiling, she walked back, gave him a hug, and a kiss on the forehead. "Don't worry, Quintin. You'll be here before you know it." Turning, she looked up at her uncle, giving him a hug. She'd have given one to her parents, but both had been killed, two years ago. "Watch out for him. I'll be home whenever I can get a break. Goodbye" Turning, she....

Ryla's attention was snapped back to the present as she became aware of Lowbacca standing in front of her, grunting and growling. She nodded, understanding what he said without the aid of a translator, something she'd picked up easily, after becoming his apprentice.

"I understand. I'll pick an apprentice soon, Master. I promise." Ryla said, giving her master a smile. When it came to patience, Lowbacca wasn't known for it. He liked to have things done right now, not wait until later, like she did. She wasn't procrastinating or anything like that, she just liked to observe, and make detailed decisions. That said, she already knew who her apprentice was going to be. "Besides, I have my eye on someone as it is. Lyn Re'Osir. She has great potential and I feel I could really help her out."

[That is well and good, my apprentice. When are you going to tell Lyn?] Lowie asked, looking down at his old apprentice. She had far surpassed all the training Lowbacca had ever given her, proving that she was going to be a great member of the Jedi Order. Her brother, Quintin, was showing signs of matching, or even surpassing, his sister already. And he'd only been at the academy for a year. Both brother and sister were highly gifted in the Force, in a way he'd only seen once before, with his old friends, Jacen and Jaina.

"I figured I'd tell her later today, after lightsaber practice. She and I always practice together, mainly because I'm the only one here who can keep up with her." Ryla said. It was true. Among the apprentices, Lyn had distinguished herself as the swordsman of the group. It came as naturally to her as dancing did, and probably because of dancing, too. Looking over, she waved to Rosar, a fellow Jedi Knight.

"Hey, there, Ryla. You're finally a full Jedi Knight! Congratulations." Rosar said, giving her a warm hug. A Bothan, Rosar had been raised to distrust almost all humans, though since his time at the academy, he'd learned to trust humans almost more than he trusted fellow Bothans. He and Ryla had become very good friends. Him, a little more than her, though he was afraid to let her know his true feelings for her.

"Thank you. You know, you've been a knight for months now. Why haven't you taken a trainee as an apprentice, yet?" Ryla

2. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Great opening! =D=

Looks like Quintin might need to take lessons in humility. :p

3. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Thank you. There will be more written today.

4. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Lyn Re'Osir activated her newly made lightsaber, a soft silver hue emanating from the blade. Moving to high guard, she waited, as Ryla flicked on her own, orange blade, moving to low guard, a good defensive position. Lyn smiled, and was glad to have Ryla as her teacher. Of any of the Jedi here, she had found very few who could match her skill with a lightsaber, and fewer still who could surpass her. Ryla had done so on many occaisions.

Swinging low, Lyn tested Ryla's defenses, not suprised that Ryla simply spun out of the way, displaying a grace that most humans never achieved. Smiling, she swung into a feint, slashing horizontal towards her throat, before flicking her wrist, and, pushing the blade down, moved it up, aimed at her crotch. If this were an enemy, they would be bisected, easily. Ryla, however, moved her blade in a circular pattern, falling for the feint, but reversing almost the same second Lyn did, her blade cirling around, swatting the silver blade aside. Spinning, Ryla brought both blades down, pushing Lyn's into the floor, trapping it. Backing up, she brought her blade to medium guard, waiting for Lyn to get prepared.

Lyn pulled her lightsaber out of the ground, spinning it around, displaying a flashy style that she had been warned against, but still found very effective. Moving with grace, she brought her blade down in a vertical chop, letting Ryla block it with her own blade, before dropping down, and bringing her leg around, hit Ryla behind her knee, causing her to lose balance. Ryla wasn't so easily beaten, though, and the second her feet left the ground, she used the Force to send herself into a roll, keeping her blade to the side, so as not to hurt herself while doing it. Standing, she brought her blade up, blocking a the diagonal slash that Lyn had aimed at her shoulder, spinning under it, and grabbing Lyn's arm, twisted the lightsaber handle out of her grasp, ending the session. Deactiving both sabers, Ryla tossed Lyn's back to her.

"Impressive. Most impressive" Ryla said, sitting on a bench, taking a sip of water. Lyn sat beside her, nodding, and not saying anything. "Lyn, I asked for this session to ask you something. As you know, I've elevated to Jedi Knight, which means that I am able to take on an apprentice, if I so choose. I would like to take you as my apprentice."

Lyn looked at Ryla, gauging her speech, and nodded. "I would enjoy that very much, Master O'Sur." Lyn said, formally. She'd been waiting for a Knight to take her as he apprentice, and was very glad that it had been Ryla who finally asked her.

"Please, until it's finalized, just call me Ryla. This whole 'Master' thing makes me think of Master Lowbacca." Ryla said, getting up and heading off to find Master Lowbacca, and tell him the good news.

Polick Rao stepped back, leaving the broken and beaten apprentice on the floor. "You must learn to use anger....hatred. Those things give you power! Those things make you strong!" Polick aimed a kick at the apprentices stomach, causing her to fly through the air as he added a Force boost behind it. To his suprise, the apprentice flipped in mid-air, landing on her feet. "Impressive." That was all Polick had time to say before he was blasted back by Force lightning. Smiling, he landed on his feet himself, and then drew on the energy of the lightning, drawing a gasp of suprise from Yoshui.

"Yes, now you see the extent of my power. Now you see what the Dark Side has to offer. For too long, we've hidden, since the death of Darth Cadeous. Too long have we been forced to live in the shadows, hiding from the Jedi." Polick said, moving over to stand in front of Yoshui. "With your power, and your help," Polick said, turning to Xoz and Pran, "we will bring more Jedi to our fold. Like I did you, my sweet." Polick said, reaching down to cup his hand on Yoshui's cheek.

"Do not worry, Master. Soon, more Jedi will learn of the true ways of the Sith...and they will follow you. Just as I do." Yoshui said, putting a hand on Polick's chest. Xoz and Pran rolled their eyes, turning

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    :cool: Great action! I liked how you flipped between the Jedi practice to the Sith's.

So Quinten knows of Yoshui now? [face_thinking] I see a showdown in the making. Zonama Sekot?!? Cool.

Please Lowie, say it ain't so!

Great update jkf, 'specially the action.
    =D=

6. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Thank you. I appreciate the comments. Oh, and Lowie....you'll just have to wait and see, huh? More today.

7. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Quintin sat in the back of the jet, Rosar sitting with him. They'd stopped at Tatooine, picking up a pilot friend of theirs, named Tosh. He had been a friend of his sisters for years, and had slowly become good friends with Rosar as well, though both seemed to be fighting for Ryla's affection. As Tosh took the jet up, Rosar looked at Quintin. "Focus. Try to find Zonoma Sekot. Master Lowbacca said to use you to find it."

Quintin closed his eyes, reaching out with his mind, trying to find the sentient planet. He felt it, faintly, and wrote down the coordinates, handing them to Rosar. "You better hurry, there is something wrong. The planet feels.....weak." Quintin said, trying to keep his mind focused on the planet itself. It was difficult to do, he could barely feel it now. As soon as the ship entered hyperspace, he lost contact altogether, falling back, gasping, panting. Lyn, who'd just shown up to check on him, took a towel and rubbed it over his forehead, wiping away the sheen of sweat.

"Are you alright, Quintin, my friend?" She asked, not letting her concern show. She rarely displayed much in the way of emotions, except when she was dancing. She kept herself centered at all times.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Lyn. Thank you." Quintin said, sitting up. This girl frustrated him. She never let him know how she really felt, and kept her emotions so well hidden he couldn't feel them in the Force, either. He wondered why she was so secretive, but knew that they were her secrets, and if she ever wanted to tell them, he wouldn't try to force her.

Up in the cockpit, Ryla sat in the copilot seat, while Rosar sat behind Tosh, as Navigator. The trip had, so far, passed in relative silence, with only quick glances being thrown at each other. Finally, Tosh spoke up.

"So....how's life at the Academy?" Tosh asked, looking from Rosar to Ryla. Though he did have feelings for Ryla, he knew nothing would ever become of them. However, he kept acting like there could, just to annoy Rosar, who he really didn't like, but got along with him on Ryla's orders.

"Good. Life is good. Quintin showed up last year, I've been elevated to Jedi Knight. How about you? You keeping busy?" Ryla asked, looking back at Rosar with a silent plea to keep things civil this time. Rosar nodded, understanding.

"Oh, yeah. Busy flying Jedi all over the galaxy, providing them with whatever weapons they need....life of a party, mine is." Tosh said, smiling. "So...why Zonoma Sekot? Nobody has been there for years, the Yuuzhan Vong all but abandoned it after being returned to the Force. From what I've heard, it's almost empty, with only a few hermits living there."

"Master Lowbacca told us to go there, so we're going." Rosar said, trying to keep the disdain from his voice, and having only moderate success. "We were told that there are Sith still in the galaxy, and that Zonoma Sekot would know where we could find them. That's all."

"And you guys didn't think to ask? You may be flying into a trap for all you know. How could you be so.." Tosh started to ask, but was interupted by Rosar grabbing him, pulling him out of the seat and slamming him into the ground.

"I will not allow you to talk about our Master like that, Tosh." Rosar said, no anger in his voice, instead, dissapointment. "Master Lowbacca would never send us into a trap. He is the last person I'd expect to fall to the Dark Side."

"EXACTLY!! The last person you'd expect is always the first person to do so." Tosh said, reversing the hold Rosar had on him, rolling over so now Rosar was pinned to the ground.

"ENOUGH!!" Ryla said, using the Force to break the two apart. "Rosar, come with me. Tosh...fly the damn ship." Ryla pulled Rosar with her, stepping into the main quaters. "What is wrong with you, letting him bait you like that? You should know better."

"I...I know. I'm sorry. I let my emotions get the best of me. I just....I follow orders. We're told to go to Zonoma...we go, no questions asked." Rosar said, standing there, looking down at Ryla. They were close. Too close, but he didn't wa

8. jkf4232

jkf4232 Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Rosar led the team as they made their way to through the barren wastelands that had become Zonoma Sekot. Wild life and vegitation were sparce, if there was any at all. As they made their way, Rosar couldn't help but feel a soft chill up his spine, warning him that they were in immediate danger. Yet, everytime he felt for where the danger was coming from, he didn't sense a thing. Ryla followed close behind Quintin, who was to the left, and behind his master just a little, allowing Rosar to pull out his lightsaber without having to worry about him.

Lyn and Tosh were farther behind, Tosh with a heavy weapon in hand, one that was illegal in most parts of the galaxy, as it projected super-heated plasma beams that melt targets on sight. Lyn had her lightsaber out, but not activated, though her thumb was pressed to the trigger, ready to push it down at any second.

Quintin felt the same sensation his Master did, the bond between Master and apprentice had grown swiftly between them. The only difference is, he felt exactly where it was coming from, though he didn't say anything, not yet. He wanted to find out what was going on with this planet. Everything he'd heard about it, it was a lush, beautiful planet. This wasn't it.

Further up, Polick and Yoshui watched as the Jedi foolishly walked right for their trap. Xoz was hidden, from sight and from the Force, thanks to Polick. He was the linch-pin of the plan. He needed to get close enough to the boy to knock him out, or confuse him, just enough for Yoshui to finish the job. "Get ready, lady and gentlemen!" Polick said, then activated his lightsaber, charging towards Rosar. "NOW!!"

Rosar's lightsaber activated the second he heard another. Bringing his lightsaber up, he barely blocked the downward strike of Polick, and for his troubles, recieved a Force blast to his chest, picking him up and throwing him back several feet. Landing painfully on his back, he rolled in time to see a younger woman attack Quintin, while Ryla took up the fight against Polick. Tosh fell back, not hiding, but looking for a place to shoot from, saftely.

Lyn moved to help her Master, while Quintin, activating his lightsaber, blocked a horizontal slash at his legs, spun, and slammed his foot against the woman's chest, adding a Force boost, enough to send her sprawling back. Getting up, Yoshui moved in, her lightsaber flashing left and right, never striking the same place. Quintin fell into a trance, delving deeper into the Force. As he did, Yoshui seemed to slow down, and there seemed to be multiples of her, each showing where she was going to strike next. Smiling, he moved.

Yoshui couldn't believe this boy. He'd always wait until the last second, and the suddenly, his lightsaber would be there, blocking hers. How? Also, the boy never seemed to attack her, just blocked everything she sent at him. She tried to move away, regain her footing, but found her way blocked. This boy had maneuvered her into a Force wall, erected by his Master. This wasn't what she was expecting at all.

Ryla watched, for an infinitismal of a second, as Quintin took on the woman. He was good, no, better than good. The sound of lightsaber swinging brought her back to her own fight, which, admitably, wasn't going so well. Polick was more than a match for both her, and Lyn. His skill with a saber was immense. Every move she made, he countered, leaving her incredibly vulnerable. Luckily, Lyn was there, blocking all the life-ending strikes Polick aimed at her, moving his attention to her.

Lyn moved against Polick, her lightsaber nothing but a blur, offering up more of a challenge. Polick smiled, moved with her. This girl had skill, true, but he was a master. Moving, he slid his lightsaber down hers. With a flick of the wrist, the lightsaber, as well as the hand connected to it, went flying. Screaming in agony, Lyn fell to the ground, wound instantly cauterized, lightsaber deactivated.

The sound of Lyn screaming motivated Ryla, moving against Polick again. This time, she went all out, lightsaber moving so fast that it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.