main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Remembering Those Who Have Gone On This Holiday Season

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Looking at TioneHawkes post about her greatgrandfather and the Titanic got me to thinking...and wanting to take a minute and remember those who have gone on.

This Christmas is a particularly rough one for Siri and myself. It was this time last year that we were in the last couple of weeks of Mom's life. Christmas was spent rushing back and forth to the hospital and rehab facility, as almost daily, "You need to come here now" calls would be received. It's been over three years since we lost Dad, and also lost grandma on Christmas Day a number of years ago. Just want to let them know that they are thought about this time of year and not forgotten.

Also, another there very very special person to some of us on these boards that we lost right after we lost Dad..in fact a week to the day.

Her name was Leslye Wintraub, better known far and wide throughout Fandome as Sar-Reyna. The best Imperial Officer that ever graced a ship. And a beautiful human being. Also known as "Auntie Sar-Reyna." Was always there when you needed her and played a huge part in the early days of SW fandom. There at the openings of all except the very last film. Always in full Imperial Uniform (and Impy to the end) but one with a heart of gold. She is missed and I sit now and look at her dress uniform hanging in the closet.

Another one, Chanel. Known but briefly, but left a lasting impression on the heart. One who's time here was much too short. A refigerator magnet with her lip prints printed on it is a permanent part of the kitchen. Something to look at every day and smile...

The fuzzies...Small: Mickey, Jack, James, Marion, Robin, and Indy, and Large: Oliver and Mariah.

So, ANYONE, Santa Cruz or not, feel free to post your own rememberances this season.

Now, I raise a glass and a toast to those who are not with us physically, but spirit lingers on. (
    And occassionally still kicks us in the tucas (That's for you, Leslye!)

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Thank you for posting this Master K.

You are still missed Chanel. But I know you are out there watching Matt and the rest of us and laughing.

There are many people I miss this time of year. I look back and wonder if I took for granted the Christmasses I spent with them. I was so young, could I have known how much I might miss them now? I suppose it's part of life. People come and go in our lives, I guess it just makes us appreciate them all the more.

So in honor of those I took for granted, here's to my friends and family here, now. Even the ones I have had disagreements with. The ones I might not be speaking to. Know that I am still thinking of you this time of year and you are not forgotten...not ever.

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Your more than welcome, Hawkie.

And interesting note...just after I posted this there was story on the effect that Christopher and Dana Reeves had on spinal cord research...

Chris, Dana, there are now two people who have completely regained the use of their ability to walk due to your involvement and the Christopher Reeve Foundation. One, a young mother, the other, a toddler. So, to the two of you..your work continues. Your are missed, but will never be forgotten and you have left behind a wonderful gift.

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    /\ And yes, I know it is REEVE, not Reeves...teaches me to post an emotional thing after a long day. Sorry Chris and Dana (Gods, Chris would have held me down and given me "noogies" for that one!) LOL

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Just the thought of Christopher Reeve giving you noogies makes me smile. I'm just going to sit and bask in that mental image for a minute. I wish I could have known him.

6. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Miss my grandma and dad. Miss my Shire.

I never met Chanel, but I knew Leslye, seen her at many a con.

MCP
    Caryn B.

7. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Much love to all of you who have lost people close to your hearts during holiday season. I am blessed in that this has not (yet) happened to me, and I can only imagine how much harder it is during a time supposedly reserved for happiness, togetherness, friends and family. You're all in my heart.

Much love,
    Kai

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thank you, Kai!!!

Having our extended family here (like you) makes it a bit easier to take.

Lots of Love to all of you![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.