main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhh Obi had a memory dream!

I hope he doesn't think the Jedi planted it in his mind just to trick him.

Glad to see Qui still by his side [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. DaveSlave1

DaveSlave1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2008
    Very interesting update, im wondering could Siri being with Ben while it happened to him be the key to Obi's recovery? because this is sifferant to Ca'li being on his own in the cell.[face_thinking] maybe?, possibly? [face_mischief]

3. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Please update! I'm loving this.....but i have no fingernails left![face_worried]

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So the plot thickens and Mangan has offered to help Qui-Gon extract
    information out of Darnel.[face_whistling]

I think the chip is important, and I agree with the healer.:D After all the chip wasn't in Obi-Wan before he was captured. It must be causing his erratic behavour 8-}

Excellent post=D=

5. Ferus-Olin

Ferus-Olin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2008
    Awesome update, finally some light! Knowing you though, it won't last long [face_whistling]

6. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I agree with Wolf_Kenobi-- "So, I?ve heard. Master Yoda is still trying to decide what type of punishment would be suitable for making him crawl through the air ducts.?

?Once Ben is well, he certainly has my permission to deliver whatever punishment that he comes up with.?

?Who said that he was going to punish the boy?? Mace teased."

I LOVE those lines. They break up the tension nicely and the made me chuckle unexpectedly. Looks like things are finally going Qui-Gon's way! I just hope they can help Obi before it's too late!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Mangan's story about his brother was really sad! :_|

I really hope Qui-Gon can help Obi-Wan from going that far. [face_worried] :_|

I loved the end with Obi calling for his master, does this mean a break-through of some sort has been made? [face_thinking]

Can't wait for more! :D

8. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ?Perhaps I can help, then,? the pilot suggested with a devious smile that reached his eyes.

?I?m sure that you can??

I think Qui-Gon should take Cordo with him when he goes to speak to the Dernal. [face_mischief] That would throw the warden off kilter.

?Master,? the boy continued to plead. He needed his Master. ?Please hurry, Master. I can?t fight much longer.?

?You don?t have to fight,? the soothing voice encouraged him. ?You just have to let us help you.?

I wonder if Mace and Obi-Wan/Ben are speaking of the same thing, or if the padawan is speaking of not being able to hold on much longer due to whatever Dernal did to him. [face_worried] I hope Qui-Gon heard Obi-Wan/Ben's plea for his master to return to his side.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a magnificent writer. My heart aches for what Obi-Wan is going through. I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel.

9. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    You can do it Obi!
    Obi, you made me think hard!
    HARD! HARD! HARD!
    Mayde he's remembering... oh, that might be nasty!
    Violent! Gorey. (er, I take gorey back.)
    Gosh, this has been intense all the way.
    Wow!
    You can do it Obi!
    [and I repeat it, jumping up and down, causing everyone to develop opinions]

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm caught up again! [face_dancing]

Before he knew what was happening, he was surrounded by at least six small children with a dozen more heading straight for him. They began grabbing onto his tunic as their screams of excitement grew louder and louder.

?Obi Nobi is back!? one child gleefully exclaimed.

Aww, how cute...too bad it didn't last.

The Jedi listened intently as Alano explained what had happened in the quarters and the images that the youth refused to acknowledge. ?He was telling me that I left him in the middle of a war,? Qui-Gon recalled. ?Do you think that he?s remembering Melida/Daan??

?Is that something significant?? the healer asked.

?Yes, it was something that happened when Ob?Ben became my Padawan.?

Of all the memories to surface, it's unfortunate that it had to be Melida/Daan.

Taking a deep breath, the healer looked the Jedi in the eyes and answered with confidence. ?I think we need to remove it??

Yikes, Obi-Wan has to have brain surgery? [face_worried]

?So, I?ve heard. Master Yoda is still trying to decide what type of punishment would be suitable for making him crawl through the air ducts.?

?Once Ben is well, he certainly has my permission to deliver whatever punishment that he comes up with.?

?Who said that he was going to punish the boy?? Mace teased

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Poor Qui...

The man smiled at the boy. ?I guess we do have a habit of doing that, don?t we? Perhaps the Council should just start sending a healer with us if they insist on sending us on these dangerous missions.?

?Which healer do you think would volunteer for that duty??

?I?m sure that any of them would be honored.?

The boy grinned. ?I?m sure they would, Master.?

Aww, a memory is coming back!

?Master,? the boy continued to plead. He needed his Master. ?Please hurry, Master. I can?t fight much longer.?

?You don?t have to fight,? the soothing voice encouraged him. ?You just have to let us help you.?

?Master,? the teen sobbed. ?Master??

Yay! He remembers Qui-Gon! [face_dancing]

Wonderful updates!! =D= =D=

11. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    You can do it Obi!
    You can do it Obi!
    Has any of developed a coma or something from me repeating this?
    You can do it Obi!

12. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    Gee, its isolated.

tapping fish

13. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Thanks for updating! Loving this very much!

14. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Golly day! I can't believe I never posted a reply to this. :oops: Wonderful update! The intense emotions from everyone really came through. A pity, though, that Qui wasn't there when Obi woke up. :( Hurry and get there, Qui-Gon! :eek:

Post soon! :D

15. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    *comes out of lurker mode*

:eek:

Wow, amazing update! Perhaps this will be the turning of the tables, hmm? Perhaps Obi-Wan, I mean Ben, will be cured soon? Then again, he'll likely become suicidal if he ever does get better. Then Qui-Gon would most likely become suicidal, because Obi-Wan died and he thinks that it was his fault, and then... Oh, never mind. I'm jumping to conclusions. :p

Again, that was great! I can't wait for the next update to find out what is going to happen! :D

Update soon!

16. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    Somehow I agree with Jedi_Gon...
    Nol crud, nightmare time.
    Hey author, why don't you not torture Wan for a change?:p

tapping fish
    latter willcall

17. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: Thank you my friend. I hope you know how much I cherish you![:D]

mujapple_juicey: Thank you so much. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for this story.

wolf_kenobi: Good to know Cordo told Qui-Gon about what happened to his brother. Now the question is; will it help?

We'll have to see...;)

And Obi seems to be having memories of his real time as a Jedi, and calling out for Qui. Yay!... I hope.

One step forwards, two steps back! Thank you so much for reading!

charie: The next post is coming up! Thank you so much for reading![:D]

ratna: the turning of the tide...?

Maybe.;)

KELIA: Obi is starting to come around, but the road is going to be long and hard.[face_devil]

DaveSlave1:Very interesting update, im wondering could Siri being with Ben while it happened to him be the key to Obi's recovery? because this is sifferant to Ca'li being on his own in the cell. maybe?, possibly?

You never know...keep speculating![face_whistling]

callista_gseran: No fingernails left?! :eek: Maybe I should put in a disclaimer saying that I will not be responsible for damage done to manicures! LOL Thanks so much for reading.

Gkilkenny: Thank so much, my friend. As for the chip...more will be discussed about it in the coming post.

Ferus-Olin:Awesome update, finally some light! Knowing you though, it won't last long

[face_laugh] Now, would I do something like that?

Jedi_Perigrine: I LOVE those lines. They break up the tension nicely and the made me chuckle unexpectedly. Looks like things are finally going Qui-Gon's way! I just hope they can help Obi before it's too late!

Thanks so much. Qui-Gon is going to have his hands full, that much is for certain.

Bastet: Thank so much. As for a break through...we'll have to see.;)

bek:I hope Qui-Gon heard Obi-Wan/Ben's plea for his master to return to his side.

Your wish is my command!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a magnificent writer. My heart aches for what Obi-Wan is going through. I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel.

[face_blush] I hope you know that the feeling is mutual, my friend. I'm constantly awed by your inspired storytelling.

LilyHobbitJedi: Glad you're all caught up. Not that I was worried...I know how daunting RL can be. Why do you think I haven't had time to update since July? Thanks so much for reading.

p_stotts: Don't worry about that. I'll read stories and mean to reply and then I forget. Thanks so much for reading and for your kind words. Also, congrats on your award![face_dancing]

Jedi-Gon: Welcome! I've been known to stay in lurker mode myself from time to time!:D Thank you so much for the kind words and the next update is coming right up! Thanks for reading.

Thank you all for reading and for your support and encouragement. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank those who nominated this story and voted for it. I'm so honored to have such incredible readers. Here is the next post. I apologize for the delay, but I've been busy getting the kids settled back in school! I hope you enjoy it.

Part 28

Qui-Gon Jinn hurriedly made his way down the corridor. With Cordo Mangan in tow, the Jedi Master ignored the curious stares of the other Jedi as the pair headed towards the healer?s wing. He knew that strangers were rarely allowed to enter the Temple, but Qui-Gon was not about to let the cunning pilot out of his sight. Qui-Gon had heard Obi-Wan call out to him through their bond. The impact of the boy?s despair pierced his heart and for the first time since Obi-Wan?s return, the Jedi felt that his Padawan needed him.

Entering the healer?s wing, Qui-Gon glanced over his shoulder to make sure that Cordo was still behind him. Satisfied that the smuggler wa

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I'm front and center this time with my reply! How wonderful for Obi to have friends willing to fight for his honor. I hope he realizes that soon. Of course, knowing the angst Obi will put himself through with self-doubt and guilt, he'll have a long road ahead of him. Good thing Qui is there to support him. Great post!=D= I hope there'll be more soon? :D Yes, I am insatiable and proud of it!

19. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Another amazing update! You're stringing us out, we don't know if we're coming or going yet. :D Super stuff! I hope Obi gets better soon!

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah - another update - no time to thoroughly read or post yet - back later to edit!

I'm baaack - wow! Knowing you, do you mean to let us think Obi-Wan's coming back - or not?!?

Loved Siri's reaction - and Garen diving in to support her without thought - yes!!!

Hopefully you'll get a Council member or two in to stop the fight and to tell EVERYONE not to make any judgments until they know the whole, complete, and real truth - and make some of those quick-to-condemn feel ashamed.

21. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    Siri, NO! YOUR TEMPER AND DEFENSIVENESS, NO!!!!!!!
    Altogether, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    U R such an evil master of suspense!!!!!!!!!
    WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO US!
    Well, now that I'm calm, it's an amazing post, ending with a malevolent cliffhanger.
    O G!

22. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Wow! Excellent post!

Definitely 'one step forward, two steps back' with Ben/Obi-Wan here. But at least it seems as if Obi-Wan was able to get out, if only for a brief period. [face_dancing]
    And now they're planning on taking the chip out. [face_worried] I'm not sure if this is going to go well...

Eep, Siri starting a fight- not good! As much as I admire her loyalty, a fight probably wasn't the smartest idea. [face_worried] I doubt this will go well.

Well done! Looking forward to more!=D=

23. mujapple-juicey

Jul 21, 2008
    wolf_kenobi speaks truth.

24. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Cordo Mangan may have the right answer, and Qui-Gon seems too absorbed in his own pain to think clearly. He needs to step back and let the healer do his job.

Way to Go Siri.[face_dancing]

very good post as usual.=D=

25. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Poor Obi.

When the patient is in crisis, priority #1 is to keep him safe, and breathing. Next after that make sure no threat to heart and blood-vessels, then see to any physical injury or illness, including PAIN. Only when the patient is physically stable, and comfortable enough to handle conversation, should one attempt to deal with psycho-emotional stuff -- such as assessing whether the patient is in his right mind, or competent to choose a treatment or not. Qui-Gon must have been daydreaming out the window in first aid class ... :p

Good thing Mangan is there to lend a voice of experience.

Cafeteria brawl ... hold onto your hats, kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.