Before Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    Ryorin: You're so welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. It's going to be a roller coaster ride!;)

Valairy_Scot: You are so right, my friend. The aftermath will be much more worse! Thanks so much for readingand all your support!

p_stotts: Consider yourself added. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. As for Obi, we'll just have to see. ;)

Lolly_Tolly: We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out. Hopefully Bant and Garen will stick to their guns!

DaveSlave1: That is a great comparison. The storm is just ahead! Thanks so much for reading.

JediKaren: Thank you for your support and for your kind words. [:D]

Gkilkenny: You'll be happy to know that the Warden's life is in a precarious state after this post. Thanks so much for your continued support!

dianethx: Thank you, Master. And yes, Qui is being a bit of an optimist...[face_worried]

KELIA: You're right...the Jedi do have a way of foiling the best laid plans. Thanks for reading.

Bastet: Thank you for reading. As for the Warden and Obi, you'll have to read the next post.

mujapple-juicey: Yep, everything is happening at once...makes life interesting!

C1-J2: You're welcome and I have to agree with you about Yoda. Thanks for reading.

DarkPowerUnlimited: Don't worry, he won't be a vegetative state.

wolf_kenobi: Thanks for reading. Those who don't particularly like Dernal may like this next chapter.

bek: Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. You're right about Obi needing his friends.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience. There hasn't been any more drastic changes with my mom. I do appreciate all the kind thoughts and well wishes that have been sent my way. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful and compassionate readers. Here is the next post and I hope you enjoy it.

Part 31

Qui-Gon Jinn paced the length of the small room adjacent to the entrance of the surgical wing. Just a few minutes ago, he had watched as his Padawan had been whisked away from him into the operating room where Healer Alano would diligently work to save Obi-Wan?s life. The Jedi Master was feeling closed in and knew that what he truly needed was time to meditate, but he would not leave just yet. He wanted to be near Obi-Wan just in case something went wrong.

?A path you are wearing on our tile. If you do not wish to replace it, sit down you must.?

The Jedi turned to see Master Yoda enter the room, flanked by Obi-Wan?s two friends, Bant and Garen. Qui-Gon stared at the tiny Jedi for a moment and then with a slight nod, he sat down in the nearest chair. ?I?m just worried about Obi-Wan.?

?As are we all,? Yoda replied. ?Wait with you we will.?

?I?d appreciate the company.? Qui-Gon watched with amusement as Yoda climbed upon the chair across from him while mumbling about how he was going to cut the legs off of all the chairs in the Temple.

?Problems, Master??

?More sympathetic you should be,? the elder Jedi urged.

?My apologies, Master.?

Qui-Gon allowed a brief smile to escape from his lips and then his stoic mask was back in place. ?I can?t believe this is happening.?

?Strong Obi-Wan is. He has never been one to give up easily,? Yoda reminded him.

?I know. There are just so many variables that have come into play recently.?

?True.?

Qui-Gon glanced at Bant and Garen sitting quietly, almost as if they were afraid to say anything. Of course, he knew they were worried about their friend, but whatever was plaguing their thoughts was more than concern for Obi-Wan.

?Something on your mind, young ones?? Qui-Gon inquired.

Bant shook her head as Garen answered, ?We?re just worried about Obi, I mean Obi-Wan.?

?I understand. I thought that once I found him that the nightmare would have ended, but now I know, that it?s just beginning.?

?Obi-Wan will survive the surgery,? Bant stated.

?I?m sure he will. Li
  2. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    yeah, happy dance, an update and a great one! I'm so glad Obi's friends will stick by him, and Yoda.

I hope the Council and the rest of the Jedi can accept (as well as Obi himself) that what he did was under the influence of this chip and thus he is not morally culpable. No, accepting that won't be easy, but it's right.
  3. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for this wonderful update! Hmm... seems like Obi might have amnesia. At least he recognized Qui-Gon. That's a good sign at least. Of course, the rode to recovery is never an easy one for our favorite padawan. I look forward to more!
  4. callista_gseran Jedi Knight

star 1
  5. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    At least Obi-Wan remembers Qui-Gon. But he'll probably start remembering everything else once he starts to recover from surgery...

Thanks for the PM!
    (Glad to hear everything is going ok. I hope it stays that way for you!)
  6. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    What a long and winding road. May it end in peace and light.
  7. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOOHOO!
    Alano is a HERO!
    o wait, now Wan has to know what he did.
    Aye aye aye, why can't anything be nice and fluffy!
  8. DaveSlave1 Jedi Knight

Nice update, Obi has returned :)
  9. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Qui-Gon felt a glimmer of hope that everything was going to be just fine.

I certainly hope that will be the case but I fear there are still some tough times ahead.

I loved how those who cared most for Obi-Wan held vigil during his surgery

[face_love] [face_love][face_love]

It's too bad Windu got there in time to save the warden [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

I really hope he will face some kind of punishment for what he has done.

Great update

=D==D= =D= =D=

10. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    It was heartening to see all the people who cared for Obi-Wan waiting to hear if he'd be okay. :)

?F?fall??

?Did you fall?? Qui-Gon swallowed hard. ?No. You just rest and we?ll talk later.?

Is Obi-Wan referring to the dark side and if he has fallen or not? If so, it appears he's remembering everything about both lives he's lived. I just hope he can reconcile that Ben actions were separate from what Obi-Wan would have done, though time it will take.

He wasn?t certain if Obi-Wan heard him. The teen had already drifted back to sleep. For the first time in a long time, Qui-Gon felt a glimmer of hope that everything was going to be just fine.

Don't get ahead of yourself Qui-Gon. The boy has a long way road of healing ahead of him.

Cordo seems content with impending imprisonment, but how will he feel about it if the warden manages to survive? [face_worried]

Keep up the great work! :D
  11. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    Valairy_Scot: I hope the Council and the rest of the Jedi can accept (as well as Obi himself) that what he did was under the influence of this chip and thus he is not morally culpable. No, accepting that won't be easy, but it's right.

Well, some will see it, but you know that there wouldn't be enough angst if they welcomed Obi back with open arms.
    Thank you so much for reading![:D]

p_stotts: You're right. The road to recovery isn't going to be easy. Thank you so much for readnig. I truly appreciate your loyalty.

callista_gseran: Kind of...we'll just have to see what happens when he wakes up fully. [face_worried]

Lolly_Tolly: We'll be learning what he remembers, maybe even in the next post. Thanks for reading and you're welcome for the PM.

ranta: Long and winding indeed.

mujapple-juicey:Nice and fluffy, huh? I'll have to try that one day! Thanks for reading.

DaveSlave1: Yep, Obi has returned, but will he be ths same Obi? Thank you for reading.

KELIA: I don't think that you were alone in your wishes for the Warden. [face_laugh]

bek: All Cordo wants is revenge...we'll see what happens. Thanks for reading.

Thank you all for reading. I tried to get all three stories updated before Christmas, but I ran out of time. I'll have limited internet the next couple of weeks, so I just wanted to wish you all a happy holiday and I'm looking forward to the new year. Thanks again for all your support and encouragement.

12. silverfighter Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm caught up again. :D First of all, I'm sorry about your mother's condition, and I'm praying she's alright.

Second of all, this is semi-good news. It would appear that Obi-Wan's starting to remember Qui-Gon, and maybe forgetting what happened when he was away? [face_thinking] But will there be any side-effects of the surgery?

Good posts, and thank you for the PM. [:D]
  13. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Whew, I'm so glad the surgery was successful, and they finally got rid of that horrid chip. [face_love]

I can't wait to see how much Obi remembers now, he seems to already remember Qui-Gon. [face_thinking]

I'm glad so many people are willing to stick by Obi's side, he's going to need them for sure. :(

Very excellent update! :D
  14. Ryorin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hooray, update!

I'm with everyone waiting to see just how much Obi-wan remembers. Thing seem to be looking up now; I hope that's not an illusion...
  15. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    silverfighter: Glad you've had a chance to catch up. I've been playing catch up too! Thanks so much for reading and for what Obi remembers, you'll have to wait and find out. ;)

Bastet: Thanks so much for reading. Obi will most definitely need his friends!

Ryorin: Thanks for reading. As for things looking up, we'll have to say.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. As many of you know, my mom has had a long struggle with Alzheimer's disease and in a few days, it will be over. Please know that I will continue this story when I get back and in the meantime, I do have a new one on the Saga board that I've dedicated to my mom. Thank you all for all the support and encouragement that you have given me during this difficult time. It's such a blessing to have friends like the ones I have made on this board.
  16. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

It is good to see that Obi-Wan has regained consciousness.
    and it's good that all his friends are around him.

Cordo seems pleased with himself. But I'm not happy that they arrested
    him.[face_shame_on_you]
    Perhaps you can arrange his escape later in the story.;)

My pray's are with you.[:D]

17. lilacph Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hi! I came across your story just a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it! I loved the food fight scene! :D It was a perfect display of how deep their friendship went but then it was also a reminder that they're all still barely out of their teens. Can't wait for more! Could you add me to your PM list please? Thanks!

P.S. My prayers and sympathies for you and your family :)
  18. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    heart and prayer to your mother, your family, and you. may all indeed find home in peace and light.@};-
  19. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    Gkilkenny: Maybe you could sneak in the Temple and free Cordo and then you could help him!:D Thanks so much for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

lilacph: Thank you. I'm so glad you're enjoying it and I'll be happy to add you to the PM list.

ratna: Thank you for your beautiful words. I'm so blessed to have such compassionate readers.

The next post is up, but I don't have time right now to do PM's and I apologize. If I get a chance later, I'll do them. Thanks for understanding and I hope you enjoy the post.

Part 32

The first thing he was aware of was the agonizing pain in his head. He wanted nothing more than for someone to put him out of his misery, but something was forcing him to push past the layers of fog clouding his mind. Opening his eyes, the blurry image of his Master slowly came into focus.

He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. Had he forgotten how to speak? Why couldn?t he form the words that used to flow from his lips so easily? Swallowing, he tried once again. ?Mas?Mas?ter.?

There. He had done it. He had managed to call out to Qui-Gon, although he couldn?t manage much more than a whisper. That fact did not seem to bother his Master.

?I?m here,? Qui-Gon assured him.

Obi-Wan felt that he should say something else, but his muddled brain wouldn?t allow him to put more than two words together. Swallowing, the teen muttered, ?H?hurts.?

?I know,? the elder Jedi quietly replied. ?You will get better soon.?

Better? Was he sick? Now, he was in too much pain. Something else must have happened. ?F...fall?? Obi-Wan managed to ask.

?Did you fall?? Qui-Gon repeated. ?No. You just rest and we?ll talk later.?

That sounded good to Obi-Wan. He no longer had the energy to keep his eyes open. He welcomed the darkness, unable to fathom the hesitancy and the concern he heard in his Master?s voice. Obi-Wan couldn?t stay awake any longer; sleep was beckoning him, wanting to embrace him. Maybe next time he woke up, he could find out why he was in so much pain and why Qui-Gon seemed so sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon leaned against the far wall, his gaze fixed on his apprentice as Healer Alano finished examining Obi-Wan. He was taking a moment to sort through his warring emotions. Obi-Wan had wakened briefly and mumbled a couple of words, quickly drifting back off to sleep. The Jedi?s heart had soared when his Padawan had called him Master. He was beginning to believe that he would never hear that cultured voice call out to him again.

He had hoped that Obi-Wan would have been able to stay awake a little longer, but the desire for sleep had been too overwhelming for the young man. Qui-Gon thought back to the question that the teen had asked. Obi-Wan had wanted to know if he had fallen. The Jedi had immediately assured the youth that he had not, but now Qui-Gon wasn?t sure that he had answered Obi-Wan?s question.

Qui-Gon had assumed that Obi-Wan had wondered if he had taken a fall in a physical sense; but what if Obi-wan was asking if he had fallen to the dark side? Did his apprentice remember what had happened? If Obi-Wan did remember, then his Padawan would believe that he had indeed fallen to the dark side.

No. Qui-Gon absently shook his head. Obi-Wan must have thought that he had been hurt in a fall. The next time the young man woke up, Qui-Gon would try and talk to him at greater length. Despite what had been done to the teen and what others may believe, he knew that Obi-Wan could not turn to the dark side.

He pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind as Alano approached him.

?He should sleep for several hours,? the healer stated.

Qui-Gon acknowledged Alano?s observation with a nod. His eyes never leaving Obi-Wan, he smiled and said, ?He called me Master.?

?I know.?

?That?s a good sign, don?t you think??

Alano shrugged. ?We?ll have to wait and see.?

?I?ll take what I can get.?

?Don?t get your hopes up, Master Jinn,? Alano warned. ?We need to wai
  20. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah - the story's back - but I've got to run to the dentist like right now!

Okay, the crown is in and I'm back to give this a thumbs-up. It seems[ Obi-Wan doesn't remember the last year - and I kinda of have to think tthat's good. Less painful, yet on the other hand, the less "pain" he shows, the harder it will be for the other Jedi to accept his remorse.

Keep in mind I don't think Obi-Wan should feel remorse for what he was forced to do, and while not in his right mind. He's not culpable; he did not choose to kill others.

I'm so glad he has some friends standing by him, and I think it'll (ultimately, perhaps not right away) do Siri good to see Obi-Wan, though I would expect if he doesn't remember, in some perverse way that the human mind reacts, she'll be angry that she is the one with all the painful memories.
  21. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    To lose hope would be to lose everything. Obi-Wan has lost a year of his life and his identity. If he believes that we?ve lost hope in him as well, he?ll have nothing left to fight for. I won't do that to him.

Beautiful.@};-
  22. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful update, of course. [face_love]

I hope Mangan can eventually find peace, or else he's going to explode one of these days. :( I still hope he gets his wish though, that warden needs to die for what he did to Obi, and all those Jedi who died because of him. :(

Poor Siri. :(

I wonder if Obi-Wan will get his memory back. It would be better for him if he doesn't, obviously, but then there's all those points Valairy brought up. It's a most unhappy situation either way. :_|

@};-
  23. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    poor Sir, Garen, and Bant!
    Did Wan lose all memory of when he had the chip?
    Aye Aye Aye.
  24. charie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great update. I agree with ValScot, he should not be held responsible for the deaths of those he was forced to kill. I bet there is going to be some kind of "flashbacks" but I'm glad he can't remember the past year. He needs time to heal now anyway. As always,well done.( Hope all is well on the home front too[:D] )
  25. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    I can see a lot of wonderful angst coming our way.o_O
    Obi-Wan doesn't remember, but someone will be sure to tell
    him what he did.:oops:

It will tear him apart.
    I hope Qui-Gon can help him.[face_praying]

Now of course I'll have to help Cordo escape... where is the diagram of the temple.
    I need to find a secret tunnel.[face_mischief]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.