Before Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. lilacph Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yey! Obi-Wan's awake! I still haven't decided if not remembering the ordeal is good or bad. At least his friends are sticking by his side. Any chance we're going to see Reeft?
  2. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    Valairy_Scot: Ah, my friend. You are so perceptive as you will see in later posts. The road ahead will be bumpy, I'm afraid...of course, you know that I can't make it to smooth for Obi. Where would be the fun in that? Thanks again for being there for me!

ratna: Thank you so much![:D]

Bastet: Thank you so much...I'm not sure if Mangan will ever find peace until Dernal dies. As for Obi and what the future holds...[face_thinking]

mujapple-juicey: Trouble is ahead for all involved!

charie: Thanks so much! As for what Obi will be held accountable for...let's just say that eventually, he'll be a harsher judge on himself that many of the Jedi.

Gkilkenny: You do realize that if you help Cordo escape, you'll be an accomplice to attempted murder, don't you? LOL Thanks so much for reading.

lilacph: Thanks so much! As for Reeft...I doubt we'll see him.

Thank you all so much for reading. Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on the next post and it should be up within a week. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding during this time. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people as readers!
  3. wolf_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    :oops: How did I miss those awesome posts? Gah. Stupid DRL...[face_frustrated]

Things seem to be looking good for Obi-Wan. I'm inclined to think that his loss of memory of the last year is a good thing, although I doubt it'll be that simple. [face_worried]

And the Warden isn't dead... :mad: I wonder what's going to happen to him.... [face_thinking]

Looking forward to more! =D=
  4. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    wolf_kenobi: Of course things aren't that simple. Thanks for reading!

Part 33

Qui-Gon sat quietly watching the even rise and fall of Obi-Wan?s chest. The young man had been asleep for several hours, his slumber occasionally disturbed by soft murmurings that the Jedi couldn?t quite make out. Rubbing his hand over his tired eyes, Qui-Gon thoughts turned back to Obi-Wan?s last words. The last thing that the teen remembered was attending a banquet on Alderaan. So much had happened since then. So much that Obi-Wan didn?t remember.

The Jedi Master sighed. Of course, maybe it was a good thing that Obi-Wan didn?t remember this past year. It would utterly destroy his Padawan if he were to discover that he had slain over a dozen Jedi, many of whom he had known well. Yes, if the last thing that Obi-Wan remembered was the banquet, then perhaps Qui-Gon could help the youth fill in the blanks to where the truth would not be so difficult to deal with.

The sound of the door opening forced Qui-Gon from his silent musings. He acknowledged Healer Alano with a brief nod. ?He?s been sleeping for a while,? Qui-Gon informed the healer.

?That?s good. He?ll need his strength.?

Qui-Gon watched as Alano studied the monitors. He sensed the healer?s uneasiness and patiently waited for Alano to say what was weighing so heavily on his mind.

?So, has he said anything else?? Alano finally inquired.

?He knows who he is and he knows who I am.?

?And??

?And what??

?What does he remember??

Qui-Gon stared at the healer for a moment before answering. He did not want to get into another argument with Alano, but taking into account their similar personalities, they would more than likely end up in another heated disagreement.

?The last thing he remembers is attending a banquet on Alderaan. That happened over a year ago, right??

?Right before he went missing,? Alano finished.

?Yes.?

?Perhaps he will be able to tell us more when he wakes up again.?

?Maybe. As you said, he needs to rest. He shouldn?t be pushed to remember what obviously needs to remain buried.?

?One day, he?ll get those memories back Qui-Gon, and you are going to have to be the one to help him deal with what he?s done.?

?He has done nothing wrong,? Qui-Gon growled. ?Have you forgotten that he was the victim in this nightmare? Why should he be forced to remember something that he had no control over??

?There are others who are not going to see it your way.?

?What?s that supposed to mean??

?The Temple rumor mill is in full swing. What happened to Obi-Wan is no longer a well-kept secret. How are you going to keep him from finding out what happened to him??

Qui-Gon crossed his arms, his eyes narrowed to an icy glare. ?This is not the time or the place to have this discussion. You?re going to wake up Obi-Wan.?

?Just keep what I said in mind. I?ll check on him later when he wakes up. Just think about what I?ve said.?

The Jedi Master watched the healer make his way towards the door. Their eyes met one last time as Alano turned back around.

?One more thing,? the healer began. ?Warden Dernal is in critical condition after your friend, the smuggler, almost killed him.?

?What??

?Mangan almost killed Dernal. Master Windu kept him from finishing the job. Anyway, he?s under guard just in case Mangan should escape Jedi custody and want to try again.?

?I can?t blame him,? Qui-Gon stated. ?If Obi-Wan had died like Cordo?s brother, I may have done the same thing.?

?No, you wouldn?t have. You?re a Jedi.?

?It didn?t stop me once before,? Qui-Gon admitted.

?Something must have. You?re still here.?

Qui-Gon turned his attention back to Obi-Wan. ?You?re right,? he whispered. ?It was Obi-Wan who helped me. Now, I intend to help him.?

He was glad that Alano didn?t answer and simply left him alone with his apprentice. Qui-Gon did not want to explain to the healer everything that had happened when he was obsessed with finding Tahl?s killer and how he had been c
  5. EGKenobi Force Ghost

star 3
    Great update.

Hope Obi-Wan can be helped.

Love the characterisations.

EG
  6. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't believe I missed two posts! :eek: Don't worry, I'm all caught up now. Poor Obi-Wan and Siri. I can't believe all those other padawans are being so judgmental... or perhaps I can. One thing's for sure, Qui-Gon needs to get his head out of the sand and start thinking rationally. The road ahead will be difficult for both him and Obi-Wan. The last thing Obi-
    Wan needs is lies from the one person he trusts to always be honest with him.
  7. Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Another great post! Just when things start coming together for Obi, all heck breaks loose and he takes two steps backwards. Very nice job! Keep up the good work.
  8. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Oh, poor Obi - a seizure!

What a horrible position for Siri to be in - of course she's upset with the knowledge she alone has - that's human. On the other hand, I'm sure she doesn't really want Obi-Wan to remember - but she feels so alone.

Wonderful update - but someone better slap those Jedi around and remind them that Obi-Wan was coerced into what he did. He did NOT kill willingly.

9. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    WOW

I thought seeing Siri would affect Obi-Wan but I never dreamed it would be so negatively or powerfully.

I can only hope Qui can provide Obi with the support he's going to need now that everybody in the Temple knows what happened to him - that is definitely not going to be an easy road for either of them to travel.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  10. wolf_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Uh-oh, what's happening to Obi now... [face_worried] Nothing good, I assume.

Looking forward to more!
  11. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    The healer's right...Obi-Wan may eventually remember on his own and even if he doesn't get it all back, there will be those in the Temple who will probably be only to happy to tell him of all his misdeeds. [face_worried]

I wonder if this seizure is his minds way of trying to release those memories, and it's curious that it happened while speaking with Siri; the person who supported him and took care of him as best as she was able for the year that he is now missing.

I eagerly await the next post! :D
  12. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    I like this part best of all, it's very true to life:

She recognized the signs of a seizure, but what she witnessing at this moment was frightening. His body was shaking uncontrollably; she could sense his fear. Siri had never been so glad when Healer Alano came in and yelled at her to get out.

Wow, excellent!

To Qui-Gon:

It's not about secrets and lies, but about a safe passage through a very dark wood. You must be the Beatrice to guide Obi-Wan through his Purgatory, to the Other Side.
  13. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4
    Trust Siri to be there when he wakes up. I thought she was a bit self centred.
    What about what he went trhough.o_O
    I'm glad she realised it at the end.

wonderful post=D= I hope he going to be alright.[face_worried]
  14. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Ack, a seizure! Poor Obi-Wan, I hope he'll be okay! [face_worried] :(

Siri needs to rethink her priorities and decide if she really wants Obi-Wan to be feeling all that horrible guilt just so she can have someone to commiserate with. She should realize that Obi-wan's position is far worse than hers. She's only got a year's worth of captivity to deal with, he's eventually going to have to deal with the deaths of a dozen Jedi at his hands (I'm assuming he'll eventually remember everything). And even if he is able to eventually accept that he can't hold himself responsible, their faces as they died will still be haunting him. :( Though considering what Siri's going (and has been) through, her attitude is excusable. :(

Can't wait for more! :D
  15. lilacph Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Ah the good ole rumour mill. I doubt that Qui-Gon, Siri, Garen, and Bant will be able to shield Obi-Wan from most of what's being said about him. I liked the way you presented Siri's thoughts and feelings. She's got justifiable frustration because she also wants to find a way to heal. Great work!
  16. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    OH NO! Poor Obi!
    I love the way the words just all fit together. Good skill.
    UH OH.
  17. DaveSlave1 Jedi Knight

Very good post, the charecters are really going through the mill, although i suppose that's what shows the strength of the bond between them.
  18. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    EGKenobi: Thank you so much!![:D]

p_stotts:Don't worry about missing a post...I seem to have a knack for that at time! LOL You're right about Qui-Gon and it will lead to some interesting confrontations in the near future. Thanks so much for reading!

Jedi_Perigrine:What's the saying? One step forward and two steps back. Thanks so much for reading. [:D]

Valairy_Scot: Thanks so much and I'm sure that you'd be first in line to slap them, wouldn't you? Thanks so much for all your support.

KELIA: Siri's going to have a hard time with everything as well, but she'll end up being there for Obi.

wolf_kenobi: Thanks so much. More is on its way...soon!

bek: You're right...there will be many who will remind Obi about what he did. Thank you so much for reading...the next part is in the works.

ratna: Hopefully Qui-Gon will listen to you or it will be an even longer journey...

Gkilkenny: Siri will realize her behavior towards Obi isn't helping her or him, but she's still hurting as well. Thanks so much for reading!

Bastet: Thanks so much. As for Siri, I'm glad you could see where she was coming from. She will indeed come to a self realization before too much longer.

lilcaph: The rumor mill is in full swing...hurtful things will be said...of course that means more angst!!!!

mujapple-juicey: Thanks so much.

DaveSlave1: They are going to need that bond. Thanks for reading.

I deeply apologize for the delay. DRL raised its ugly head at work and it has been aboslutely Sithly lately. Between work and other things I've had very little time to write, but I will say that I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think it's a train! LOL Anyway, I'm not going to give you a promised day, but I will say that you should have your update within a week. Again, sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. I promise you that I will make it worth your wait![:D]
  19. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry about it, girl! I'm sure we can all relate. I've been struggling with the next chapter of my saga... not that I don't have time to write (OTOH, I was sick most of last week and over the weekend... again), I just haven't had any real inspiration. I know where the story is going, I just haven't connected all the dots along the way yet. And I won't even mention my other story. *sadly shakes head* So don't feel bad about the delay between posts. Been there, done that.
  20. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup. We're not a nasty group of people.
    Take your time!
  21. jedidas3 Jedi Master

star 3
    p_stotts: Thanks for the encouragement!

mujapple-juicey: Thanks.

Better late than never! Here's the next post!

Part 34

Qui-Gon entered the quarters of his former master, unsure of what to expect. He had tried to postpone this conversation until Obi-Wan had recovered sufficiently, but Mace and Yoda did not want to wait. Surely Mace and Yoda would not listen to the rumors that were making their way through the Temple. They both knew Obi-Wan and knew that he could not be held responsible for his actions while he was in captivity, but Qui-Gon could not shake the feeling that this meeting would not go well.

He was there to defend Obi-Wan and he would do so with his last breath if necessary. The Jedi Master had easily ignored the stares and the whispered accusations as he had made his way down the corridors, but now as he stood facing Mace and Yoda, the cruel words began to replay in his mind. Words like murderer and killer were being used to describe his Padawan and Qui-Gon could feel his anger growing. Now, as he stood looking in the eyes of the two senior Council members, Qui-Gon wondered if the same words were going to be spoken by them.

?Masters,? Qui-Gon began. ?I hope that this isn?t going to take long. I need to get back to Obi-Wan.?

?Keep you away from him, we will not,? Yoda assured Qui-Gon.

?Thank you.?

?But discuss this we must,? the ancient Master continued.

?What is there to discuss? Obi-Wan is going to be fine and he will resume his duties as my Padawan.?

?You really think it?s going to be as simple as that?? Mace inquired.

?No, but that is how it should be.?

?I take it you?ve heard the rumors floating around the Temple.?

?Just the ones I heard on my way here from the healer?s wing, not to mention the loathsome stares that I received.?

?Then you know that we have to do something.?

A thin smile spread across Qui-Gon?s lips. ?I agree. So what do you suggest?? His eyes narrowed as he sensed Mace?s discomfort.

Mace cleared his throat. ?It may be a good idea if you and Obi-Wan went away for awhile, just until things settle down at the Temple.?

Qui-Gon clenched his jaw as he fought to control the rage that wanted to surface. ?And when do you think that will be? How long until things?settle down??

?I don?t know.?

?So, let me get this straight, Master Windu,? Qui-Gon blew out a breath as he tried to release the anger that was continuing to build up inside him. ?You think that Obi-Wan and I should leave for a while just because there are some other Jedi in the Temple who want to spread vicious lies about my Padawan about something that he had no control over??

?Understand what has happened, they do not,? Yoda interjected.

?And because of their confusion, I?m supposed to take Obi-Wan away from his home after he?s been held captive for a year. He doesn?t even remember what has happened!? Qui-Gon exclaimed. ?What am I supposed to say to him when he asks me why we are going away??

?You can tell him that you two are going on a mission,? Mace replied.

?I will not lie to him. He has just spent the last year living a lie. I will not make his future be a lie as well.?

?So, you think that he should stay here and be subjected to the stares and rumors that are continuing to circulate,? the Korun Master challenged. ?You just said that he doesn?t remember what happened. What happens when someone calls him a murderer to his face? How is he going to react??

Qui-Gon bristled. ?I?don?t know,? he admitted. ?But I don?t see how sending us away will help. I can and will protect Obi-Wan. I think that you two should concentrate on these other Jedi who insist on spreading unwarranted gossip. If they continue to stick their nose into our business, let?s just say that I will not appreciate it.?

?That is not the Jedi way.?

?And what about these painful rumors going around? Are they the Jedi way? I thought that the Jedi showed compassion and empathy, especially to those in need. So, what ha
  22. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
    And the plot thickens. Great chapter, Patricia. It was more than worth the wait. Poor Obi-Wan. He's so confused. Of course, he'll really go off the deep end when he remembers what happened. Obi-Wan is too selfless to assign blame to anyone but himself. [face_frustrated] And the other Jedi in the Temple are behaving very... unJedi-like. I'm also quite disappointed in Yoda and Mace. Sending Obi and Qui away is like trying to use a bandaid on a gunshot wound. What do they think will change? If I were the Council, I'd haul every Master in the Temple before them and give them a good dressing down! Of course, that would probably take up too much time.

This is such a gripping story you've got going. I await the next post with much anticipation... no matter how long it takes. :D
  23. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    ?So, let me get this straight, Master Windu,? Qui-Gon blew out a breath as he tried to release the anger that was continuing to build up inside him. ?You think that Obi-Wan and I should leave for a while just because there are some other Jedi in the Temple who want to spread vicious lies about my Padawan about something that he had no control over??

?Understand what has happened, they do not,? Yoda interjected.

Well, duh <head desk>, you tell the other Jedi that Obi-Wan was brainwashed and all that. :eek: Jeez, Yoda and Mace, let the obvious go right over your heads.[face_shame_on_you]

Sure, it'll be hard to accept, but the Force should confirm the truth of those words if they got spoken.

Don't let the rumors proliferate.

Problem solved.

No that that rant is out of my system....

Great update and congrats Knight Jedidas3. Welcome to the ranks. =D=
  24. DaveSlave1 Jedi Knight

Good update, interesting insight by Alano, hes an exellent charecter.
  25. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just realized today that I hadn't posted a reply after reading this story a month or so ago when I saw the new post today! So, here's me attempting to make up for that. I have enjoyed the mental web you have created with this story; the initial interactions with Obi-Wan and Siri where she knew he had done horrible things and couldn't do anything to help him or his victims, the later anguish on Qui's part when he realized that Obi-Wan had been killing Jedi, and the build-up to when Obi-Wan realizes what he has done, brainwashing or not. All of this makes what is really a simple storyline, "boy is enslaved, brainwashed, used as an executer and freed" into an emotional drama. Kudos for weaving a fascinating web, and here's to more snarls and close calls in the future!

Also, on an unrelated note, congrats on your Knighting!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.