Before Remembrance (JA: Obi, Qui, Siri, AU) Updated 4/7!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedidas3, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Congratulations Knight Jedidas3.[face_dancing] =D=

I sense that Qui-Gon needs to meditate and reach out to the Force to help him help Obi-Wan. Hiding from the truth wont help either of them.[face_not_talking]

Mace and Yoda need a good swift kick.[face_mischief] How dare the Jedi in the Temple be so callous.[face_shame_on_you]

Ah! my wish came true Darnel is dead and Cordo has escaped, has he?[face_dancing]

But I should show some compassion for Darnel.......Nope it doesn't work.:p

Wonderful post.=D=
  2. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoda and Mace may be on to something in suggesting that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan go away for a while. That would give Obi-Wan a chance to deal with everything (for good or bad) without the accusing stares and whispers or harsh remarks that may or may not be said. [face_thinking]

And Qui's right, something needs to be done about the rumor mill. Perhaps the Council should step in and explain to the Jedi community what happened to young Kenobi and Tachi while they were MIA. Those kids deserve a chance to heal and move past this and the only family they've known are not quite helping at this point.

Looks like they're all in a tough predicament. [face_worried]

Wonderful job with this post. I could feel Qui's frustration, Obi's confusion, and Yoda and Mace's good intentions in doing what they feel is right all the way around. I only hope Qui-Gon doesn't try to protect Obi-Wan by keeping the truth from him. The kid is smart; he already knows something isn't quite right.
  3. JediKaren Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmm I can see both sides of the arguement and honestly I can't decide which one is better. Going away is only delaying the problem, yet facing those stupid rumors is also not much fun. It will be interesting to see which side wins and why.

Good chapter! Please update soon.
  4. mujapple-juicey Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Quiggy.
    And Mangan is such a nuisance. Couldn't he stay out of trouble until Quiggy is less stressful?
    I'd like to go in there... and kick Mangan really hard in the skin... and make sure he sits there crying while I take his wallet... ARRGH!

Stunning work!=D=

tapping fish
    personal culture: eating (and water-drinking) and sleeping
    NOT!
  5. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?It may be a good idea if you and Obi-Wan went away for awhile, just until things settle down at the Temple.?

As much as Qui-Gon hates that idea, it may be for the best.

I can't imagine how devastating it would be for Obi-Wan to have to endure the stares and whispers after all he's been through.

I certainly hope the seizures stop soon...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

PS - Congrats on being knighted!!
  6. lilacph Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    *cue suspenseful music* :D Looking forward to more!
  7. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Yoda needs to call in all those Jedi spreading those rumors about poor Obi-Wan into the Council chambers one by one, and whack them over the head with his gimer stick while he lectures them about compassion and not passing judgment without knowing all of the facts, and so on and so forth. :mad: [face_shame_on_you]

Poor Obi-Wan. :( Sounds like his flashbacks have already started. :(

And Dernal is dead, and I can't say that I'm sorry! [face_not_talking] I doubt they would have ever been able to get out of him what he did to Obi anyway. [face_frustrated]

Congrats on being knighted! :D @};-
  8. Jedi_Perigrine Force Ghost

star 4
    Congratulations on your promotion! You've been around the boards doing quality work for a long time. You deserve it.

Great update. You know how to keep the suspense growing!

Hopefully my computer'll be fixed by the time you send out the next update. :D
  9. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats on your Knighting!

Hmmm, I wonder who killed Dernal? If it was Mangan (not a foregone conclusion ...) I wonder if he ever stopped to think about how killing Dernal would actually hurt Obi-Wan. After all, Dernal held key knowledge that could (1) exonerate Obi-Wan, and (2) facilitate his recovery from the drugs and conditioning he was given. Not that he was about to give up that knowledge willingly, but certainly once he's dead the hope of recovering that knowledge is nil. From this we can see how selfish revenge is. If Dernal is dead at Mangan's hand, not only has Mangan not done anything that helps his own dead brother, he has also harmed another Padawan who suffered the same fate as his brother. Revenge does not transform evil, it only adds another link onto evil's chain, and binds the avenger to the very thing he would stamp out. No wonder it's not the Jedi way ....
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.