Wash, DC Reminder: 9.99 AOTC DVD at Toys r' Us!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Tohrec-Ri, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tohrec-Ri Jedi Padawan

This has been mentioned in the main boards, just wanted to mention it here just in case. I may go get it at TRU or get the Sunday ad and price match it. Also, has anyone gotten the silver R2D2s?
  2. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes i have a silver R2D2.as a matter of fact i have three two are spoken for. i have been buying a lot of TCG cards. Thanks for the AOTC reminder stupid me preordered it so i get to pay full price.
  3. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hmm, the website says $17.99...
  4. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    toysrus.com is in association with amazon.com, so they're probably selling it at their price. But the store will have it for $9.99, DVD or VHS. You can check out Rebelscum.com for a scan of the ad if you didn't get the Sunday paper.
  5. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Don't forget, Circuit City must price match all advertised sale prices, plus give you ten percent more off.

Although when FotR came out they just lowered their store price to $9.99. So either way, you can get it at Circuit City as well. :)
  6. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, $9.99 at the store, while supplies last according to the ad. What a deal!

Thanks for the reminder!
  7. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    OK.... just back from TRU...

FYI, if you want widescreen then you aren't likely to find it at TRU. I went to my TRU (Kingstowne) before work. I got there at 10:10 and all they had left were full screen. I said no thanks and went next door to Walmart thinking I didn't care if I had to pay more because I wanted widescreen! Well guess what? It's $9.95 at Walmart too! They had a bunch of widescreen copies left but they were going fast (most of the people there had left TRU like me)... So if you want to get it cheap, go now!
  8. Tohrec-Ri Jedi Padawan

I went to Best Buy at Potomac Yards today and got the DVD for 9.99 plus the calendar! I wasn't sure if I'd get it since some folks in the boards had mentioned some resistance from certain managers. There was plenty of stock this afternoon and next to the display was a table with the calendars in limited supply. I took a DVD and calendar and went to the cashier, placed them on the counter, then placed the ad and waived my hand :cool:
  9. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I got it for $9.49 at Circuit City yesterday! :D
  10. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the $9.99 price-match at Best Buy, but they wouldn't give me the calendar with it. I think the cashier was a Toydarian, mind tricks wouldn't work.
  11. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I got mine at Walmart since I already have the calendar. The widescreens were going fast...I was worried there wouldn't be any left because I didn't get it until 7:30 last night. But the force was with me. :)
  12. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad everyone got to take advantage of the cheap price!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.