Reminder and Invite

Discussion in 'Quad Cities - Old Board' started by quadcityteecee1, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi Guys--

This is a reprint of a post to UluUlix two days ago--if you didn't see it, we'd like to hear from you:

I am an active member in a multi-genre group in the Quad Cities IA-IL region--the Orion Organization. We have been in operation since December 2004. Our slogan in the Orion Organization is "On the Hunt for the Elements of Fun." To do this, we focus on Elements, or different interest groups.

Orion functions as a "clearing house" of these interest groups, all with an Orion connection--For instance, The Star Trek group is the USS Orion NX-2011; the Action-Adventure group is the ORION group, "Organization Righting the Injustices Of Nations" ala "The Man from UNCLE." A Star Wars group has been talked about, and since the Official Star Wars club in the area has basically four active members, Orion Organization would like to extend a formal invitation to join forces.

There is room for the four active members of the QCJO to participate with Orion, possibly in full affiliation, or a loose cooperative. NO infringement is meant, nor wanted--we just can do more together than separately. The Quad City Jedi Order would remain just that, with autonomy and with all offices and active memberships honored. Orion would function to be able to get more membership available for QCJO and the Organization at large.

Our invitation is open to all QCJO membership and Officers to consider. We wish friendship and cooperation in promoting both organizations up to and including the Episode III premiere. If any of you would like to consider seeing what we are about, please attend the April Meeting, 2pm-345pm, Saturday, April 9, 2005, at the East Moline (IL) Public Library, 16th Avenue off Kennedy Drive, in East Moline. You can also go to our online presence, the Orion Organization Yahoo! Group, at http://groups.yahoo.com/orion_organization. We even have secondary Activities and Command Staff Meeting, sites and times TBA.

Membership is free, and with a chance to have triple the active membership in the IA-IL area, our invitation may benefit both group for sometime to come. So come and see, and I hope to see and renew friendships again in QCJO and you all with Orion.
  2. SenseiJedi Jedi Padawan

Cool, I am game. What kinds of ideas did you have in mind. Are there alot of people in your groups.

Sensei Jedi
  3. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sensei Jedi--

Thanks for your interest! We are at the URL above in my first post, and we have a bowling team and "Elements", interest groups ranging from Star Trek to X-Files/James Bond to Space Marines...We conducted in February our first of several planned paranormal investigations. We are looking at doing regional conventions and medieval renaissance festivals in 2005. Though small we have currently several active members, and are open to a possible joining of forces with QCJO. Joined, we would be able offer Star Wars interest to triple the current active group of the local chapter.

We do in fact have games and other activities coming up! We have an Orion Activity happening April 1st (no foolin'), Friday 6pm, at Fireworks Coffee Bar, 16th St. and Avenue of the Cities, Moline, across from Whitey's and Hardee's. We will be playing Star Wars Monopoly, maybe a little Star Wars RPG, and talking what Orion can do to prepare for Episode III, and you and all QCJO members are invited. We hope to see you there!

MTFBWY--TeeCee.
  4. QCJediLance Jedi Master

star 1
    I might try to be there being I only live less than a half a mile away from there. Do you want me to bring any more Star Wars Monopoly games, I have Episode 1 and the trilogy monopoly boards plus the Star Wars Life and Trilogy trivia persuit.
  5. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    JediLance--

Hello and thanks for the response! Yes, if you'd like to bring one of your Monopoly boards (I believe we have the IV to VI Trilogy board), and your Trivial Pursuit, we can sample all the games. We may also be trying the West End Games' Star Wars Role Playing Game. We can talk about preparations for the Episode III premiere, and if possible any cooperative efforts bewteen QCJO and Orion...

I will try to be there a little early (545pm or so) to get the table(s) set up. Our reservation is for around 8 people, so plenty of room for others 80). Hope to see you and the others at Fireworks Friday at 6pm!

Till later-TeeCee.
  6. quadcityteecee1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    A Note on the URL for Orion Organization:

*Go to http://groups.yahoo.com

*Go to "Search", and find "orion_organization" (no quotes needed).

*At our main page, you will find the basics, and the fun, about our group. Thanks and MTFBWY--TeeCee.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.