Calgary Reminder: Anyone on 17th Ave - Calgary Sun article on geekdom

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Magpie Jen, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi guys,

Just a reminder since I might not be able to get down to 17 Ave between Centre and 11 St SW that today the Calgary Sun supplement 'Urbane' should have an article on us in the Star Wars line-up. Pick up a couple copies! I'd love to see it!

Jen
  2. alexandertrooper1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    alot of us badlands guy do have are own copies of that paper if your interested in seeing it. We might even have some left but I'm not sure you'll need to talk to are pr guy rob d to see if he has anything left or not.
  3. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks! But I did manage to find a couple copies of the article. Prelude, from FanForce group has a picture, maybe one or two others of us, and a couple of are quoted. Lots of 501st pictures :). I'll bring a copy to the BBQ if anyone wants to see it.

Jen
  4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I would love to see it. Which pic is it. Me sitting in a lawn chair reading???

5. Magpie Jen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep - I think you're reading how to be a villian (or the reporter is) :)

I'll bring it for sure.
    Jen
  6. iRob Jedi Knight

I'd like to see it too Jen, I haven't seen anything so far except for the papers we grabbed the day after.

Anything of me or Jenn in there?
    -R

P.S. I own a scanner if we want to post it online, but Edmontooine is a long way to take it just for that..
  7. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hello everyone! As for copies of urban...I have three extra copies if anyone is interested. I live close to 17th Ave. and our building got a whole lot of those.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.