main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reminder - AOTC DVD/VHS for $9.99

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    In case you missed it announced all over TF.N, Toys R Us will be selling both the DVD and VHS versions of AOTC for $9.99 beginning tomorrow. If you can force yourself to wait until 9:30am tomorrow morning to get it, I would highly recommend that. Especially if you'll be doing any Christmas shopping at the same time. I have to buy at least three copies anyway, so this is like buy 2, get one free if I were paying Best Buy or Wal-Mart prices.

Of course, if you HAVE to have it at midnight and are ok paying the Wal-Mart premium, more power to you.

I need to call them back and see how much they'll be selling the LotR: EE for... One-stop shop, ya know? ;)

EDIT: The guy may just be stupid, but he said they won't be carrying LotR: EE tomorrow.

2. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Is this just in Tulsa???

3. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm pretty sure it's nationwide. But, does Nebraska have room for a Toys R Us store with all the corn and husker propaganda? That state has some whacked out priorities, you know? :)

4. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Asses will be kicked for that Brent!!

I think we have 4 here in Omaha

5. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I don't want no trouble. Coming from OSU, I should know better than to taunt the down-and-out programs of yore. I mean, hell, even WE beat Nebraska this year and that just doesn't happen, at least not in the previous 46 years. Then again, maybe you were more offended by the corn comment. Well, you'll just have to get over that cuz you've got a lot of corn up there. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for any of those 4 stores through all that corn.

As Jake would say:
    Nuthin' but luv, Mike. Nuthin' but luv.

:)

6. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I took a copy of the TRU ad for AOTC @ $9.99 by the Wal-Mart in Claremore today, and they said they would price match it for me. So if you have a copy of the flyer, take it by Wal-Mart tonight and get AOTC for $9.99!

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    No Fair! We didn't get the TRU add this weekend! My mom's gonna go @ lunch and get it somewhere though. I would go to Walmart, but its "a school night" lol

8. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Swung by Wal-Mart on my way into work this morning and they are selling it for 14.95 even though all the copies are marked 19.95. 5 dollars difference wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get to TRU over lunch so I just bought my copy there.

9. Jedi-masterHannah

Jedi-masterHannah Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    Hey here is a dum question. I bought the DVD today at Toys R us, and dont know where the lot number is on it. So where is it? Anyway thery have hundreds of VHS and DVD's $9.99 great deal no hasel no limit.

10. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    The both TRU i went to had a limit of 1 per customer. I had to do some serious sweet talking to get two at one store and got one more at the other store. (not all for me, i only needed one)

11. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I sent my wife and she told me the limited her to one copy as well. Well, I'll just have to stop on the way home and do some sweet-talkin' of my own to get the other two. Although I'm far more excited to see the new LOTR extended edition. Turncoat, you say? Nah, this will be like a whole new movie experience whereas I've seen AOTC about a bajillion times to date.

UPDATE:
    From TF.N - Wal-Mart has become the second retailer to sell the Attack of the Clones DVD for less than $10. Hot on the heels Toys R Us who are selling the DVD for the $9.99, Wal-Mart stores are the selling the DVD for $9.96 for two days only. Thanks to Master Mojo Fraven, Greg & Amy for the alerts.

So, we may not have to do as much sweet-talkin' as we thought. Capitalism ROCKS!

12. Jedi-masterHannah

Jedi-masterHannah Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002
    well i guess i got the five off of my good looks and charm then at 71st and mem. But i was the first customer of the morning also new traine............Just kidding about the good looks and charm.. So how do you know what lot number release it is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.