main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reminder for Canucks - Clone Wars starts Jan 3!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by wild_karrde, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Here's the schedule from teletoon.ca:

Saturday, Jan 3 .... Chapter 1 - 5pm
    Saturday, Jan 10 .... Chapter 2 - 5pm
    Saturday, Jan 17 .... Chapter 3 - 5pm
    Saturday, Jan 24 .... Chapter 4 - 5pm
    Saturday, Jan 31 .... Chapter 5 - 5pm
    Saturday, Feb 7 .... Chapter 6 - 5pm
    Saturday, Feb 14 .... Chapter 7 - 5pm
    Saturday, Feb 21 .... Chapter 8 - 5pm
    Saturday, Feb 28 .... Chapter 9 - 5pm
    Saturday, Mar 6 .... Chapter 10 - 5pm

Or, catch all 10 episodes in 5 weeks:

Sunday, Jan 4 .... Chapter 1 & 2 - 930pm
    Sunday, Jan 11 .... Chapter 3 & 4 - 930pm
    Sunday, Jan 18 .... Chapter 5 & 6 - 930pm
    Sunday, Jan 25 .... Chapter 7 & 8 - 930pm
    Sunday, Feb 1 .... Chapter 9 & 10 - 930pm

About damn time, too!

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Crikey that sure is spread out it!

I think the UK got the best deal where we got 13 chances to see each episode, all in the space of 4 weeks ;)

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I think the UK got the best deal where we got 13 chances to see each episode, all in the space of 4 weeks

Yeah. You also got the last five episode of Transformers: Armada before we did. I'm still irked about that.

Anyways, yeah. I got this commited to memory, and I got a tape ready. [face_devil]

4. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I certainly agree that at first blush, it doesn't seem at all fair that they're spreading the shows out across such an interminable timeframe....with it being either a week between single episodes, or the double-header the following night, I still can't help feeling that there's something....rather shoddy and suspect in Teletoon's reasoning or modus operandi here. It does leave you rather scratching your head in utter confoundment, though, doesn't it....because, really, how very difficult *would* it be for them to show one episode each night? We're only talking two minutes here....hardly something that's necessarily interfering with the rest of their programming.... (some of which really *should* be seriously interfered with, ugh....but that's beside the point) :)

Of course it's just *so* very decent of them to finally relent - or cave in to overwhelming fan pressure and protest, more likely - and *finally* grace us with the CW shorts.... (and that, by the way, was a fine dollop of sarcasm....if I do say so myself) ;) *However*....more to the point....methinks that there's still something rather rotten in the proverbial state of Denmark, is all, when they're spacing the shows out to such an extent. It's *not* fair, and it hardly seems sensible or reasonable, much less justified....just one more thing for us poor long-suffering folks to have to put up with. Ungh....

Am I glad to be seein' the shorts again, *especially* in the much bigger environs of broadcast TV? Mmmm, yes, certainly so....I don't think anyone could *not* be glad about that. But I still feel that the whole situation for us Canuckleheads has been very much mismanaged, ill-timed, and in general totally bollocksed from the start. Still feels like we've been shafted some....feels too much like we've been given the most maddening runaround....and it hurts. Hrmph....

Dawn. (who *is*, despite all this, going to spring the surprise of the first CW short on some friends tonight....very likely they know *nothing* of the show, haven't even yet heard of it for *some* unfathomable reason....so this should be fun!....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.