main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Reminder: July 27th 1:00pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Samantha, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    happy ninja I will just swing over on my private jet and pick ya up ;)

Edit: Sorry I know I got your thread alittle off track ;) have fun at your meeting..... someone let me know how the movie is. :)

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Living over here makes me feel...so left out! :D

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I also think if we get enough of a group we will qualify for the group discount. We will talk more about this Sat.

As far as an agenda goes I usually have one prepared and post it a day or two before.

4. DruKalita

DruKalita Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    I will NOT be at the meeting on Saturday, being in Baltimore for another anime con (Otakon) and having just as much fun if not more than y'all.

Because I've been going to cons for two weeks straight, if the RenFest trip was two weeks from Saturday or more, I'd come. Otherwise I'll have to decline due to exhaustion.

And you should hand out agendas, it makes it easier for people to bring up topics that would otherwise get overlooked.

5. RickJediKnight

RickJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Hey Mark, didn't you say you might be moving here in the near future?

-

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes, I am planning to move to the States. I have been doing so for a couple of years, but I'm not exactly in the best financial straights to do so at the moment - actually, my little jaunt to your shores has wiped my bank account out (Heck, if you're gonna go on vacation, you're gonna do it in style, right?).

I plan to move in a year or two when I have some money under my belt. For what I want to do (Video Editing), there isn't that much oppurtunity around my area, so I figure, if I have to move down south to London, where I know NOBODY, I might as well move to New York where at least I know a few people - New Hampshire is only 4 hours away, so I know people up there too, and I know there are people who were in the line that are in the same field that I want to head into, so at least there are people in the area that might be able to line me up in the right direction.

I had a thought about joining the NY Film Academy too, but I will have to think about that one.

But in short, yes, I do plan to move to the New York area in the (maybe near) future.

The hardest thing for me to do is get a job - any job. It's not the fact of getting a job is hard; heck, I have even said I will push papers around an office until I get to where I want to be; it's the matter of being ALLOWED to work. For me to work, I basically have to have a job offer BEFORE I enter the country. I didn't realise until this trip to the States, you are not allowed to change your VISA status while you are in the country. I think you can, but there are a LOT of procedures.

That is unless, some of you fine fellows would like to offer me a job? ;)

::nudge, nudge, wink, wink::

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Meri

Thank you so much.
    You shouldn't have & I appreciate it.

See you on Sat.

John

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    No problem John, I just wanted to make sure we all got tickets :)

9. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    See you all there! We have lots to talk about.

10. FenwaySteve

FenwaySteve Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    The Ren Fair is about 20 minutes from my house, considering I live so far damn away from NYC. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Who else plans on attending the meeting on Sat?

12. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    "General, count me in.."

See you guys on Saturday. Let's leave the boxing gloves at home and bring cool heads to the table.

13. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Hmmmm...I have to go to the bookstore anyway
    ...so I'll make it...

14. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I just want to thank everyone who showed up and offered their input on the topics we covered. The Staff and general meetings both went very well Meri will be posting a general recap of what was decided at teh staff meeting as well as the general meeting minutes. Meri Rocks. :)

15. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yes yes Meri does rock!

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Awww thanks guys :) Minutes will be posted tomorrow...I'm too tired to do it tonight...LOL.

17. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I would also like to thank Victor and John for paying me the money they owed me from the party. They are men of their word!

18. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Victor is the man!!!!!

19. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Woooo YAY VICTOR & JOHN! See they actually PAY people when they owe money....which is a good thing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.