main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Reminder of Next Meeting Date

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

June 18th at Jahinie's.

And I totally didn't forget that we scheduled this during the Expomart meeting. I mean, really... who could forget that? ;)

Hopes some new folks can come to the meeting,
    Yours Truly

2. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I'm out of town that weekend for a wedding, so if that is the day, then I will see you all in July?

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I believe we already agreed it was the 18th. IIRC, Jim at Jahinie's already has us scheduled then.

4. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

After reflecting, I do believe you are correct, Sal. I now seem to recall scheduling it at the Expomart meeting.

Is an idiot,
    Yours Truly

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Nah, you're not an idiot.

I think we've all just been so excited over the premiere that we haven't thought of anything else in the last month.

6. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    Since Ive never been to one of these meetings what should I expect? Is there an agenda etc..etc.. Do I bring anything?

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I'll also be out of town for a wedding that weekend... just don't all get too depressed that I won't be there :)

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    For those that won't be there, be sure to proxy nominate if you planned on nominating someone for office.

Andy, you don't really have to bring anything. We'll probably spend some time talking about the movie, club nominations, future events, etc. Brian (Ben_Ethus) will post a meeting agenda containing topics to discuss and plan upon. If he can't make it to the meeting then one of our two VP's will preside over the meeting. After the agenda is taken cared of, then if time permits we'll chat some more or play games. I usually do a "show and tell" where I show what my latest toy and collectibles purchases are. (Others are more than welcome to bring items to show and talk about). Also, we have in all likelyhood have a raffle for something. We used to be diligent about having one at every meeting, then got away from it for awhile and are now doing it again. Some very cool things have been raffled off in the past.

So to summarize:

Just bring yourself, along with an expectation of having fun!
    -Sal

9. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    i'll be bringing Clone Wars 1-25 on 2 dvd's for the raffle.

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    dlocke, it is traditional to bring gifts for all the officers. Especially the secretary. Coffee, chocolate and Qui-Gon stuff in particular. ;)

Or not. :D

11. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    Greencat,

hahahahaha! Ill be sure to bring gifts. right... And I dont think I have any Qui-gon related things. sorry.

Sal,
    Thanks for the info. Ill be sure to be there.

12. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    I'm going to try and make it for my fist meeting. I don't live close to Pittsburgh so I don't know where the meeting place is or how to get there. What time is the meeting?

Dan

13. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I believe we are starting around 1:00

Jahinie Productions
    430 Lebanon Road
    West Mifflin PA 15122

here is the name and adress of our meeting place feel free to mapquest.

14. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    do you think we could start the meeting at 2 instead of 1? if not i can deal with it, but it will make it really hard.

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    The reason for that particular start time is because we are now meeting in a place that closes much earlier than our previous meeting locations. Which is why it is also important for folks to BE ON TIME!

Fear not, my former Padawan. Even if we start at 1PM, we will still be around at 2PM. :D

16. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah...1 is difficult...but we'll try to be there on time...*sigh*

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Wink wink, you know 1pm really means 2pm. We've never been able to start a meeting on time before. Why start now..ha ha.

18. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I will try to be there at 1:00. Why not start now? :D

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    1PM means 1PM. We have to start on time because of the place we are meeting at closes in the early evening. While its true Jim is nice enough not to throw us out at closing (6PM, I think) its still extremely rude of us to keep him late at work.

Its understandable that not everyone can make it at the exact time, every time. Co-ordinating the schedules of so many people, especially those that have to drive such long distances and work weekends, is extremely difficult. We will certainly try to arrange things so 'important business' like nominations are held later in the meeting, when more folks have shown up and do the less important things, like show and tell and info that can be conveyed easily on the boards (like an update on the Picnic Pavalion and how much cash is in the account) can be done earlier in the meeting.

PLEASE don't take this as anything other than trying to remind everyone of a much earlier agreement of no longer adjusting meeting times once they have been set in an attempt to make everyone happy. All that does is make everything worse. We all agreed, we would set the time and date that the majority of folks could make it. Folks show up when they can and will be welcomed for the time they can be there.

And after the meeting we can always go get pie. Or go see ROTS again.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmm, a little too serious this has become.

We can say 1pm til we are blue in the face. But we know that won't happen. So why fight it? Let's just roll with it and let it pan out as it may. We'll shoot for 1pm, but can start when there's a reasonable amount of people present.

Maybe this would be a good time to ask everyone if and at what time they will be at the meeting.

I'll start:

Attending meeting / Time of Arrival:
    Sal / 1pm
    Emily / 1pm

Now just copy and paste, adding those who have posted before you to the list.

-Sal

21. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'll be there at 1pm, plus or minus a few minutes, and we will definitely be out of there before 6pm. I don't believe we have a whole lot of business to discuss really (guess we'll see when I get the agenda out), aside from the nominations and photo thing and whatnot, so it shouldn't be a big thing to end on time before the store closes.

As Chris noted, it's almost guaranteed that a number of us will float elsewhere afterward such that if anybody missed anything (which I can't imagine will be much), they can be brought up to speed real quick.

No big thing.

Has been going to bed late all week,
    Yours Truly

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Perhaps dinner then see ROTS again???

23. Earthbound_Misfit

Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    "Im with ya too". Ill try and be on time. ;-)
    Sal and I got some toy biz to tend to. And
    I have some neato show-n-tells. ;-)

Plus... I offer a GIFT..

"...gift?? What gift?"

-EBM

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Very cool Dave. I look forward to completing...

er that is, I look forward to seeing you again and completing our toy biz.

Hmm and by gift do you mean those two droids??? Hmm, curious this is...

-Sal

25. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

EM... Sounds cool. I'll look forward to seeing you there. And I must say I'm intrigued by your offer of a "gift."

Although I will state in advance that if your gift ends up orchestrating our demise by strangling us with metal chains, I will be one not-so-happy blue ghostie... :p

Doesn't want to go out like Jabba did,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.