main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Reminiscence" -- Jacen/Nen Yim, Angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Siaynoqsbride, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Title: "Reminiscence"
    Author(s): Siaynoqsbride
    Timeframe: No idea
    Characters: Nen Yim, Jace Solo
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Summary: Nen remembers Jacen as she clears their apartment of things.
    Notes: No, I have not gone insane, and yes, you read the title right. :p This is my first writing both Jacen and the 'Vong, so be nice to me. My brain was hurting by the end of this, so sorry if it isn't very coherent.

Nen Yim trailed her fingers slowly over the bed her and Jacen Solo had occupied, lost in thought. The dark blue silk material bunched and rippled under the feel of her hardened fingers, snagging and catching on her. She sighed at last, giving up whatever mental battle she had been fighting and sat down on the bed at last, conceding defeat to some unseen enemy.

She had always hated this bed; it had been too soft on her skin, the covers too confining for her. Jacen, however, had been the one to pick out the furnishings for their bedroom, and she had little choice in the matter. No amount of trying to coax him into buying different bed clothing had worked, and she had finally given up, laughing.

Many nights had been spent here, between the two of them. Soft whispered secrets had been exchanged; there had been the tenderness of trembling romance, the sweetness of passion.

She hissed her breath out through her teeth. Such memories only brought pain to her now, when times such as those were over. She had tried a thousand times to wake herself from the slow, steady atrophy that melancholy brought her, but it had all been to no avail. She had to now, at last, face the past, and with it, the present.

All his belongings were placed in a small trunk at the end of their bed. In there was his lightsaber and a few articles of clothing, as well as other small articles of his that his family had not taken. She looked down at it, frowning at the cold, hard durasteel it was made of. His family had rebelled against the idea of her keeping his things. Jaina especially had opposed the idea vehemently.

A sneer rose up on her face, bitterness building in her heart. They had not bothered her when Jacen had been alive; it was like they had humored him, not taunting his bride, not accepting her either. She and Jacen had to conduct their wedding in secret; and, even then, a reporter for the Holonet had somehow captured a holo of them together, exchanging vows. The media frenzy after that had been remarkable, almost laughable, but they had endured it. They'd had each other, after all.

Now, his family had turned on her, refusing to give her comfort in her grief. Jacen had been the thing that had bound them together, had healed the wounds between them. They had been willing to forgive as long as their son had been there; now that he was gone, animosity emerged again. She supposed it had never truly been gone; they had simply lied to themselves and Nen Yim as well. Jaina had called her an abomination, she remembered. Han and Leia had simply stood by, watching their daughter, not attempting to heal the wounds that had emerged at Jacen's death. Nen found it ironic that Jaina had called her something which Jaina herself had been referred to as during the war.

Nen Yim had always been strong, however.

Her fists clenched around the dark sapphire sheets, ripping them harshly. She did not care; she was leaving this place, leaving it so that his spirit would haunt her no more.

She stood at last, going over to stand at the trunk, a sigh poised on the edge of her lips. She knelt down and opened it at last, finding there was no more denial she could draw on. She would survive this; she had to.

The crate was simple and compact, made for accessibility and durability more then for aesthetics. His Jedi cloak was tucked in on one end, and she picked it up with surprising tenderness and grace that one would not expect in one of her kind. She felt it with her fingers, touched along the coarsely-woven fabric. She lifted it to her face, touching her scarred cheek to the material. There was still Jacen in ev

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    *sniffle*

Oh, SB, that was brilliant!!!!!! :) :) :)

You don't know how glad I am that someone else is trying this. ;) It was great how it all came together, and excellently written. You got Nen Yim's emotions in a way I haven't managed yet. I always seem to twist her around... o_O

Good job! =D=

I'll go ahead and add you to the index, k?

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I must say, you made that believable for me! And that takes a lot! :D Bravo on an excellent bit of writing! =D=

4. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I present thee with this up.

UP!!!

5. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Vongchild - Aww, thanks! Glad you liked it; I wasn't so sure about it when I first posted it, especially because it was my first time writing both Jacen and Nen. And thanks for adding it to the index! And thanks for the UP!

VaderLVR64 - Thanks! Yeah, glad it was made out to be believable; or as believable as it could be, under the situation... :p And thank you so much for reading all my stuff, even really... strange things like this.

6. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Oh, my. That was so sad... very well-written.

*wonders where her sister hid the Kleenex*

7. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    *shifty eyes* Bump...

8. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    This was so good, Master! I loved the way Nen Yim found a flower beautiful when someone else would have found it ugly.

bump.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my. I'm particularly struck by the way Jacen's family treated Nen Yim after his death... sad that they can act so less then humane in her time of need.

Heavy angst to be sure Siaynogsbride, but beautifully done.

10. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Wow, This was good, I loved the flower metephor!

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sad that POWER and FINALLY ALONE are locked topics, so I post my excitement and gratitude about your work in here. Thank you for a wonderful, haunting afternoon! I needed it! Thanks for being a great story teller!

12. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh. This is sad. Poor Nen Yim. And the Solos treating her so terrible. Like a monster who has no emotion. *hugs Nen*

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    This has always been one pairing i've found really hard to write, but you capture her emotion and presence so well. Very sad and moving, and the flower metaphor was excelent. I like :D

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    *proverbial guts turn to mush*

Lost love yessss, is a very emotional subject on the occasions I've read about it.

(I also think the song "Lullaby" from the anime Noir would be appropriate)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.