main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Renaissance Faire, Novato

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TionneHawk, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Some of you expressed an interest in going to the Ren Faire in Novato.

It starts July 9th and runs every weekend for 6 weeks.
    Cost: Advance tickets $15
    www.forestfaire.com

I am thinking July 16th or 17th looks good. I'd like to get a group together in Ren costumes, though I would have to borrow something or come up with something super-quick.

Post your thoughts on the 16th/17th dates and if you would like to go in costume.

Edit: I knew that.... So scratch the 16th/17th unless we have a lot of bitter people who won't be at Comic Con but still want to go ;) My next choices are the 10th or 24th, both Sundays.

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Comic con is that weekend Bridget

3. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Ooh I'm up for costuming RenFaire.

And if we do it in August, we can do it twice since the Golden Gate Renassance Festival is in Golden Gate Park Again.

4. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    I really want to go.

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm up for it. I haven't been to Ren Faire in several years. I do have a costume for it as well.

6. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I've always wanted to go, and would love to!!! I can never talk anyone I know into going hahah.

I'd be all for costuming, but alas I have no costume of appropriate type. (Unless I could sneak in my Frodo hahahah)

Well that and now I'm gettin this poochy belly. Hey, an empire waistline would be good though!! LOL If everyone else is into it I could try and rent something, I know we have some great costume places here.

7. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Johny B here...

I'll be going on the 16th with friends...I won't be at comicon.

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Still working on a date that works for most people. Avalyn suggested the 23rd, but that is the date of your meeting. (If I don't go to the Faire, I'll try to make it to the meeting)

Anyone interested in the 24th? The only reason I haven't mentioned the August dates is because I will be moving and don't really know my plans for August yet.

9. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    The 24th should be good for me

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    The 24th works for me. Sundays are better for me anyway because occasionally I have to work on Saturdays.

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    And I'm off on Sundays too. So I'd be free all day and evening.

12. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I would like to go too. I've never been in that Festival. It will be so fun but I'm not sure about the day. I'll probably be in L.A. What other day are you thinking?
    Also can anyone tell me where can I get the costumes.
    Either buy it or rent it.
    Thanks!!!!!!

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay, so far the 24th is looking like the most likely day. Just waiting for some responses from the Rogues before we make it official.

Some of you asked about costumes to rent/buy.
    The Belrose in San Rafael has discounts on Ren costumes
    $33-65 for a complete costume. Tues-Sat 11-4.
    www.thebelrose.com

Also, if we can get a group of 15 together, we can get discounted tickets ($13 each).

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay, so if everyone who wants to go can do the 24th, I am going to make it official (well, as official as a Ren Faire can be).

I need to find out exactly how many people can go so I can see if we qualify for the group rate. IF we do, I can get tickets and have all of you pay me back.

Report with a yes/no if you can make it on the 24th!

I'll give those of you at Comic Con time to come back and take a breath or two before demanding a response. ;)

15. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm officially checking in for the 24th. If anyone else is planning to drive from the city, let me know and we can try to arrange a carpool.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll be there.

17. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh Man, it's been years since I've been to Northern Faire. Ok, you all go and enjoy it for me. (Man this week just bites... cause of the knee surgery, have to miss ComicCon, now have to miss Northern Faire...) Ok..gonna go sulk for a while. But, bloody 'ell I AM going to Santa Cruz! [face_laugh]

Anyways you guys go have fun and think of me when your grabbing your Sticky Buns (and if you don't know what they are.. I'm not gonna tell you!) [face_whistling]

Have Fun!

Master K

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awww..no Master--K??? take care of yourself and hopefully I will see you at another event soon. (i.e. once my life is settled into some normal pattern...hah!)

19. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Yeah.. and I also forgot that I was supposed to be at the Disneyland 50th on Sunday (a friend had Disneyland Hotel Rooms to share) ARRGGGHH.. Ok, enough self-pity. Whining leads to the DarkSide [face_laugh]

You guys go and have a great time! Next year, there is always next year.

And, common, aren't you going to take time out of your busy, hetic, unorganized schedule to meet up with us at Santa Cruz? :)

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll be in So Cal that weekend working towards the final move north, but you know I'd be there in a heartbeat if only Newton's laws didn't apply. ;)

Back on topic: it looks like we won't have enough people for the group rate, but it would only knock off a couple of dollars. My suggestion, go to the website and see if you can order advance tickets online. I'll let you know what I find out.

21. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    The 24th works for me.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Ticket Orders

Order BEFORE 5 pm on Friday otherwise it will not count for this weekend!!!
    We will pick up our tickets at will call on the 24th.
    Total cost is $19

See you there!

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    What time do we wanna be there? As always, my driving services are available.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    The event runs from 11 am to 7 pm. I am going to try to get there around 11 am. If anyone wants to get to Novato earlier than 11, I would be up for a group breakfast or something.

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Probably 11 for me since I have to work the night before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.