main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL February 10th - April 1st 2007

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Feb 15, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

General Info on the Renn Fair. Tickets are $20 unless you get discount coupons at Blockbuster Video, Roman Meal bread bags, Wendy's or Shell stations while supplies last.

The park opens at 10am and stays open till 6pm. It's great fun to watch the shows, listen to the music, ride some unique rides, enjoy a large variety of entertainment, eating, shopping, walking, not to mention just looking at all the clothes!

President's day is a great day for going to the Ren Fair. Jake and I have never missed a year yet since we have been together. In any event, we are again going on President's day on this coming Monday. I honestly thought I had already made a thread about this.. but it was pointed out to me yesterday that in fact I had not.. which is BAD I am aware.. you will have to forgive me that.. I should be paying better attention. I just mistakenly assumed (yes.. I do know what it means when you assume.. )that surely since I told RebelMom about it that I must have posted it.

It would be fun if a group of us could meet up and enjoy the day together! If anyone has thoughts on this feel free!!

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm pretty passive about it, I went last year and it was OK, not really my style. I had fun but that point his european history really didn't do much for me. I can go (not like I have anything else to do) and would not mind going.

3. Anakinaholic

Anakinaholic Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2007
    I go every year, and most definetely will be attending this year. I've chosen this weekend:

Magical Merriment! ~ Mar 10 & 11 ~ Come to our enchanted village... Where else can you see trees come to life, wizards, elves, unicorns.. It is our magical fantasy weekend as Magical Merlin brings it to life!

.. Faries and princesses and magic and unicorns!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeee!

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I saw that weekend on the website.. I was wondering if my HUSBAND might so graciously allow me a second visit this year so that I could enjoy the Merlin weekend. :)

I know that will be an awesome weekend to go. It would be great fun for folks to get a chance to meet up with you in person. Esp if Kathryn could be there as well!! Though I am not speaking for her.. no mam I am not.. I know that she is a busy busy student with much going on before she runs off to "Minne-SO-Ta" for the summer. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Think they would get mad if we showed up in gear?

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

They would probably think we were mad.

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Ill be the pirate huntin for booty!!!

8. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Ummm does Michelle know that Dustin??????? LOL

9. Anakinaholic

Jan 1, 2007
    I would love that!
    I am working on convincing my Husband that a day trip to Tucson for the meeting next week is a good idea :)
    We have a few friends in the area, so I'm trying to use them as bait.

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I would think it would be amusing

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    We need to coordinate transportation. Cathie, you can give me a call at home.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just got out of bed.. LOL yes I can give you a call and discuss transportation. :)

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    No wonder no body answered when I called this morning.

14. Anakinaholic

Jan 1, 2007
    Im likely going to be going on the Sunday, as my brother (whom Im meeting up with and lives in Tucson) has plans for Sat.. so the 11th is looking like the day for me :)

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so there are four of us riding up in our car in the morning most likely. Jake, myself, Rebelmom and our houseguest is thinking she might join us as well. If anyone else cares to join us and wants to follow us up just meet us at the house by 8:30am in the morning.

16. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Tomorrow (today) morning? I would have wanted to go, aw well...

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mike, do you want us to come pick you up this morning. You can ride with us. We can fit you in I am sure of it. Or are you saying you have school?

I have been trying to call you for the last thirty minutes.. your line has been busy..unfortunately we have to leave in the next ten minutes or we won't get there at a decent time..

18. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    No, it is most definitely a school day. Have fun anyways!

Don't knwo why my line was busy. I was there when you were calling, and my Dad might have been on the phone, I don't remember. But either way, I can't/couldn't go.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Now I understand.

We had a very enjoyable day. Even if the rain did cut our day two hours short.

I hope everyone eventually gets the chance to go :)

Ded Bob was as crass as always.. god love him

20. Anakinaholic

Jan 1, 2007
    Im sure you all have gone already, but I'm going with some friends on Sunday.. anyone want to meet up?
    Sunny and 80!!! :D

21. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill be there on the 11th with the family

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Ya'll have lots of fun today!!! Get some fairy dust and don't miss the belly dancers and Ded Bob!!

23. Anakinaholic

Jan 1, 2007
    It was a blast!!
    I didn't run into anyone though :(
    I miss you guys!

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm glad you had fun! Did you see Ded Bob or any of the other shows.. I found out recently that our Ren Fest will be Tartanic's (bagpipes and drums)last event together. They are disbanding and going on to other things.. I am glad I bought two of their cd's a few years ago.

What did you see different than from years past.. I know I am seeing much more in the area of fantasy than before.. and also this year I saw a gypsy tent with more clothing items for belly dancing than I had seen in the past.. though I guess I might have just missed that in the past.

25. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I have my fingers crossed for going to the Renaissance festival next weekend with the parents. I skipped last year, so it should be fun!