main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Renaissance

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Dragonjedi78, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonjedi78

Dragonjedi78 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Anyone interested in going to the Ren Fest this year? I'm going for sure just not sure what days. Anyone want to go? Let me know and we'll see if we can get a group together!

2. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I am pretty sure it is every weekend in September. I am going to be gone for a large chunk of September but if you wanted to do it the first couple of weekends I would be interested.

3. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Yeah, I would like to go with a group! I've never been there but always wanted to go.

I guess it all depends on the dates.

4. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm probably down for it..............depends on my homework load at the time...........

5. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I may be up to this. I've never actually been to the Ren Fair before.. could be fun. :)

Hmm... would going to Ren Fair in Jedi garb be acceptable? :D

Along similar lines... I will be going to the State Fair, most likely on August 23rd. Since my agenda includes sitting and watching talk radio for 3 hours, I plan this day by myself (which I actually enjoy quite a bit). But if someone else happened to be at the Fair that day, I'd be happy to meet up. :)

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    MY GOD we are planning State Fair plans already!!!!! :_|

Summer where did you go? :eek:

:)

Not a big fair fan myself. When I do go I bring the whole tribe. I wouldn't go twice but if we end up going that day I would be up to meeting up. Of course AFTER your 3 hour talk radio marathon. ;)

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I'm just planning on the 23rd because it's a Friday, which generally makes for the most entertaining day of the week for talk radio, and it's not the holiday weekend like the next week is, so it'll be less busy. See, I'm just using logic, not being incredibly plan-ahead-anal. :D

And I agree, one day of the fair is enough for me!

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Anyone know how much the Ren fest costs?

I am going on a big trip mid september and I have to watch my spending over the next couple of months.

9. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ponts of ORDER
    Rennisance Festival (Great Capes - big $) is in Shakopee, Sat- Sunday and Labor day is the only Monday - I do not know if they do any Fridays , I believe the dates this year begin the weekend of the 17th of August and the 29th of Sepetmber. There is a group rate of 12.50 adults, 13-18 is 12 and 6-12 are 5.50 - you need 15 to reach this rate, just call in advance and pay as a group when you arrive. There are also 2 for 1 coupons in some of the Happening and gold C books. Very Fun! Costumes are ENCORAGED - I don't know how they'd feel about stormtroopers or ???
    State Fair is the 22 of August until the 2nd of September (Labor day), admission in adcance is $5 or $8 at the gate, $7 for 6-12, under are free. OK, have I posted too much?
    Reb
    :D

10. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    So ribu are you a wcco person or a kstp person. i would be down for either renfest or the state fair

11. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    I think going in SW costumes to the ren fest would be a blast! Just an FYI though, I go every year and sometimes it can get pretty nasty on the costumes. (dirt, dust, etc...) But it comes off. Any weekend sound easy for anyone? If we get a certian weekend where it seems to work for most, we could do that. (did i mention i worked there last year?) :)

12. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Ribu,
    I might be on one of those KSTP shows......
    could try for that Friday - IF they pic me
    Reb

13. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    My thoughts on ren fair is that you should go in the costume of the period. The site is here.

14. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    I agree with Bobafemme. This era is fun and since I have a few costumes, might as well get some use outta them! If a lot wanna do a day in SW gear, maybe we should plan to do 2 diff days. The opening ceremony for the Ren Fest is a lot of fun, so I vote for Aug 17-18 or 24-25. In Sept 7-8 or 14-15. What works best for everybody?

(If anyone needs a costume to wear, I have extras!)

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I would not go to the ren fest in a SW costume. In fact Unless a suit of medieval armor falls into my lap during the next month I would not be going in costume at all. Unless a beach shirt and Jean shorts is a costume.

16. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    Works well enough! How cool it would be to have a suit of armor.........I'm gonna get a sword this year......

17. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    When i got this Time (Which i will, when is the question) i always go in my Suit of Chailmail and with my Greataxe strapped across my back. The looks you get just walking around is worth wearing that Increibly hot, heavy stuff all day :). On a more serious note, SW costumes are a no no, except maybe Jedi Robes, and weapons are allowed to be worn (Yea!) as long as their sheathed, Just to let you all know.

18. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    suit if chainmail?!?!? Did you make it? I have coverings for my daggers and with luck I'll get my sword.......

19. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Nope, i bought it there actually, year by year. Thing cost me a total of like $1500 but it was worth it to me.

20. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    Cooool, now I don't feel so bad spending $$$$ on my wench costumes! Anyone have a weekend to suggest?

21. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    I know i'm goiung with my D&D buddys (Yes i know, geeky, but it's my kind of thing) the First or Second Weekend of September, other than that i should be free.

22. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    How does the weekend of the 17/18 sound? I opt for the first day of the festival, the 17th? Anyone?

23. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I am going to be gone that weekend. But that's cool. I am going to have to Fiscally responsible from now until mid September anyway so I don't mind passing on this one.

24. Dragonjedi78

May 13, 2002
    Can always do the last weekend in sept tooo......

25. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I prefer a Sept date, but NOT Sept 21. I'm taking the an exam that day. (Actually, I'm not sure if it even goes that late).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.