main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Rendezvous with destiny ~Day of Days~

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthSolar, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008

[u][i]August 19th, 1942,[/i][/u]
    [u][i]Major General William C. Lee~[/i][/u]

[i]The 101st Airborne Division, activated at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana, has no history, but it has a rendezvous with destiny. Like the early American pioneers whose invincible courage was the foundation stone of this nation, we have broken with the past and its traditions in order to establish our claim to the future.

Due to the nature of our armament, and the tactics in which we shall perfect ourselves, we shall be called upon to carry out operations of far-reaching military importance and we shall habitually go into action when the need is immediate and extreme.

Let me call your attention to the fact that our badge is the great American eagle. This is a fitting emblem for a division that will crush its enemies by falling upon them like a thunderbolt from the skies.

The history we shall make, the record of high achievement we hope to write in the annals of the American Army and the American people, depends wholly and completely on the men of this division. Each individual, each officer and each enlisted man, must therefore regard himself as a necessary part of a complex and powerful instrument for the overcoming of the enemies of the nation. Each, in his own job, must realize that he is not only a means, but an indispensable means for obtaining the goal of victory. It is, therefore, not too much to say that the future itself, in whose molding we expect to have our share, is in the hands of the soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division.[/i]
    [hr]

On August 15th, 1942. The [i]?Screaming Eagles?[/i] or more commonly known as the 101st Airborne was activated at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana. Its first commander; Major General William C. Lee promised his new recruits that the 101st had [i]"no history but had a [b]rendezvous with destiny[/b]." [/i]

The regiments of the 501th, 502nd and the 506th trained constantly for the war that had caught the world in it's grasp, not knowing where or when they would be sent.

On September 1943, the 101st Airborne were deployed to England, followed by eight more months of intense training. By 1944, the allied nations of Britain and America were ready to bring down Hitler's Atlantic Wall; After years of preparation Operation Overlord was finally ready for the go ahead.

On June 5th the pathfinders of the 101st Airborne Division were leading the way into France for Operation Overlord: [b]D-Day[/b].

[hr]

[u][b]Setting:[/b][/u]

If you haven't already guessed, the RPG is based around World War II. Before we start I have something important to say. [u][b]This is not going to be 100% historical accurate[/b][/u]. Yes we'll be partaking in actual events but at the end of the day we are only role-playing, but I will be keeping close check on everybody posts.

The start of the game will be just before the airborne operations of Operation Overlord.

[u][b]Factions:[/b][/u]
    [b][color=yellow][hl=black]101st Airborne Division, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment.[/hl][/color][/b]
    [i]The main faction in this game. So there is no limit for paratroopers.[/i]

[hl=silver][b][color=white]Wehrmacht Heer/Fallschirmjäger.[/color][/b][/hl]
    [i]Only open to two others players, they will control the army itself rather than one soldier. My reason for not allowing any German soldiers is because i want to keep the RPG set around the 101st.[/i]

[b][u]Rules:[/u][/b]
    1.[b][color=red]No god-modding or Mary Sues.[/color][/b]
    2.[b][color=red]Obey the GM, my word is final. If there is any problems you can PM me.[/color][/b]
    3.[b][color=red]PM ME! Your charater sheet![/color][/b]
    4.[b][color=red]Obey the TOS.[/color][/b]
    5.[b][color=red]Limit down on the OCC.[/color][/b]
    5.[b][color=red]Respect other players and most importantly. Have fun! [face_wink][/color][/b]

[b][u]Charater Sheet:[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]

[b]Nationality:[/b]
    [b]Place of Birth:[/b]
    [b]Known Languages:[/b]

[b]Infantry class:[/b][i]*Rifleman, medic, radio op. That sort of thing.*[/i]
    [b]Issued

2. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Charater Sheet:

Name: John 'Tex' O'Malley

Nationality: American
    Place of Birth: Sweetwater, Texas
    Known Languages: English, Spanish, a smattering of phrases in German and French

Infantry class: Rifleman
    Issued weapons: M1917 Revolver, M1 Carbine for Paratroopers, Winchester 1897 Trench Gun, 3 Mk. II Grenades

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 185 lbs.
    Eye/Hair colour: Blue eyes, blond hair.
    Physical description: Classic image of the All American Boy. Tall and Muscular but not excessively buff.
    Anything of notice: none

Background:

Born and Raised in small town Texas, John grew up like all good southern boys do, shooting and cussing. His father, a WWI Veteran all but marched him to the recruiters office, and John knew from the day he was born he was going to be an Army man like his dad.

He trained as a riflemen with the another battalion before the war broke out, and entered into special forces training, but was ejected after a psych evaluation showed him to be excessively violent and unstable. In peacetime, that would have gotten him thrown out, however the evaluator was an old friend of his father's, and war was looming. He was pushed out of the special forces training program and instead, with his father drawing on more than a few favors, was funneled into the new 101st Airborne Paratrooper training.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Approved!

Name: Blaine Northwood
    Place of Birth: Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Known Languages: English, some French
    Infantry Class: Paratrooper
    Issued Weapon: M-1 Garand rifle, knife
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 168 lbs.
    Eye/Hair Color: Greeb eyes, brown hair
    Physical Description: Thin, muscular
    Anything of notice: Good-luck charm
    Background: When war broke out in Europe, Blaine wanted desperately to fight for America. However, since the Americans had not entered the war, and he was too young for the army, he had to wait. As America entered the conflict, Blaine enlisted in the 101st Airborne Division as a paratrooper, hoping to flank some enemies before the war ended. He doesn't necesarily like flying, but he can handle falling in a parachute.

4. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Approved by the Sun.

Name: Patrick ?Dallas? MacDonald

Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas
    Known Languages: English, Spanish, Italian and French, some German.

Infantry class: Machine Gunner
    Issued weapon: Thompson sub-machine gun M1928, M1 Carbine, 4 Mk II grenades

Height: 6?4?
    Weight: 184 lbs
    Eye/Hair colour: Blue eyes and black hair
    Physical description: Muscular, rough and handsome. Very tall, worn look. Tired face.
    Anything of notice: Patrick has a tiny piece of his ear missing, from when it was skimmed by a bullet .

Background: Patrick was born in Texas, in early Spring and was raised largely by his mother. From when he was 4, his father served in the first World War. In 1918, the last year of fighting, his father was killed by a stray bullet to the back of the head. The next year, Patrick and his mother moved to Boston, Massachusetts, his parent?s hometown. He was given the moniker Dallas, when he introduced himself as Patrick from Dallas.

Patrick was very knowledgeable and a quick learner, but he never felt comfortable in a classroom. Since his father?s death he had wanted to join the Army. His mother was set against the idea, but on his 18th birthday, Patrick signed up without her blessing.

Patrick was trained a Machine Gunner, but transferred to Airborne to follow in his father?s footsteps as a Paratrooper. Having served for 12 years and shown relative ability, Patrick was promoted to Staff Sergeant in 1942 and assigned to the 101st.

5. DarthSolar

Jun 4, 2008
    GM NOTE: I'll leave it for one more week before i get this thing started, so people still have enough time to get a sheet to me if they wish.

Also PM me any questions if your unsure of anything.

6. Bloodline

Bloodline Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2008
    GM approved

Charater Sheet:

Name: Matt Raigen

Place of Birth: Victoria, Texas
    Known Languages: English, Limited French

Issued weapon: Thompson SMG

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 210
    Eye/Hair colour: Grey Eyes, Black Hair
    Physical description: Borderline muscled. Average
    Anything of notice: Has an Massive X shaped scar on his back that looks eerily like torture marks

Background:
    Matt was born to a schoolteacher mother and a steel mill worker father. As the baby of a family of 18 not many options were availble to him other than the steel mill or farming. Growing up in a rural enviorment he yearned to see the world, not just the backwoods of Victoria, Texas. Following HS graduation he entered the West Point military academy, where he commissioned as an Infantry officer.Matt is an eager, brave young man willing to put his life on the line for the good of the mission. However, due to his inexpirence he tends to rush headfast into battle without thinking.

7. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    Name: Harold House

Nationality: America
    Place of Birth: Shawnee, Oklahoma
    Known Languages: English, French, Some German

Infantry class:
    Paratrooper
    Issued weapon: M1A1 Thompson, M1911A1 .45 Colt, MkII Grenades

Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 200 lbs
    Eye/Hair color: Blue/Brown
    Physical description: Tall and slender, with a fair amount of muscle
    Anything of notice: Wire frame glasses

Background:
    Born in Shawnee Oklahoma, to David and Margaret House, Harold was raised on a small cattle farm. He attended Prague elementary and high school until age sixteen when his father died of a massive stroke. He dropped out of high school and got a job on an oil pipeline, jumping freight trains to follow the pipeline across the country so he could send money home to his mother and sisters.
    At age eighteen Harold went to college on a sports scholarship where he obtained a degree in engineering. He worked for the same Oil Company whose pipe line he had followed. When the war came to the United States Harold immediately joined the Army. A natural soldier Harold was a superb marksman and an excellent Officer. He was assigned to the 101st Airborne.

8. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    CS APPROVED!

Name: Ruth McBarkley

Nationality:
    Place of Birth: New York City, NY
    Known Languages: English

Infantry class: Rifle
    Issued weapon: SMLE No.I Mk.III

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 190 lb
    Eye/Hair colour: Brown Hair, Dark Brown Eyes
    Physical description: Beefy, but strong build,
    Anything of notice: none

Background: Ruth was like any other Yankee: loved baseball and wanted to be in the army. His father and grandfather were both in the army which inspired him to do the same. He's known for his smarth-mouthing and as a child, had been expelled from 4 different schools.

9. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    Name: Nathan Bishop

Place of Birth: Coeur d?Alene Idaho
    Known Languages: English and a little French

Issued weapon: M1A1 Thompson, 1897 trench gun, 1911 Colt 45., two MkII grenades, and a combat knife

Height: 6?1
    Weight: 165
    Eye/Hair color: Green/Dark brown
    Physical description: Average in height, Nathan is still a formidable character with taut lean muscles, but he is not big and bulky. And not having the opportunity for hot water in the field, Nathan has grown some stubble on his chin. His face is rugged but still has a look of youthfulness behind it. He also carries scars from previous engagements due to the war including a bullet wound to the torso and scars from fragments from a grenade to on his right leg.
    Anything of notice: None

Background: Born to a ranching family in Coeur d?Alene Idaho, Nathan?s family ran a ranch outside the city. Since he was a little boy he was raised to work hard on his family?s ranch as well as excel in academics. Nathan was one of the few people in his class to pass high school and later went on to college at the Boise State University, where he received his teaching degree in history. But when the war began to escalate, Nathan thought of his father, a WWI veteran, and knew what he had to do. So Nathan went and signed up. He meant to sign up for the Marines but the recruiter was gone so Nathan signed up for the Army, seeing that it didn?t make a difference on which he signed up for.

A year later after passing boot camp, Nathan was put into the 1st Infantry Division, also known as the Big Red One. He fought through Operation Torch in North Africa and then Operation Husky in Sicily. He distinguished himself on both campaigns and was field promoted quickly up to Sergeant then Second Lieutenant, and then First Lieutenant, mainly due to the lack of officers among the ranks, mostly due to death on the battlefield. Nathan was then approached about going into paratrooper training. Nathan agreed, thinking it would give him something to do since there had been a lack in the fighting for a while. He passed the intense training but didn?t find out what it was for until after he had passed. They were going to spearhead the D-Day Operation. So this was it, Nathan?s date with destiny, his meeting with either life or death at the end of some Nazi?s rifle. He just hoped he would make it through

10. DarthSolar

Jun 4, 2008
    GM Note: Can i say the rank LIEUTENANT, is no longer open for the time being. And the opening post will be coming soon!.

11. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    ---Approved by GM---

Name: James Rogers

Nationality: American (White)
    Place of Birth: San Francisco, California, USA
    Known Languages: English

Infantry class: Combat Engineer (demolitions guy)
    Issued weapon: Thompson submachine gun M1A1, Winchester M1912 shotgun, mines, explosives, and other things that go "boom"

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Eye/Hair colour: Hazel eyes, brown hair
    Physical description: Athletic, good build, stronger than he appears
    Anything of notice: nothing

Background: Growing up, James and his father were very close. Both he and his father were hired on to help build the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco in the mid-1930's. Once it was complete, James joined the Army to help with the growing threat of the Nazi's. He helped construct one of his country's newest landmarks, and now he wanted to serve his country by protecting them from the enemies...just as his father had done in World War I.

12. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    When is this game going to start?

13. DarthSolar

Jun 4, 2008
    GM NOTE:People can go ahead and post now, the reason i can't work on one is because i've picked up a virus and being on the computer for long periods isn't really good for me. Just remeber the game starts.

JUNE 4th, 1944. UPOTTERY AIRBASE, ENGLAND.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.