main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Renewal II: From the Ashes. Complete with survey: 9-1-06 (J/TK; A/T; H/L; L/M and more)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZebulaNebula, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Disclaimer: All referenced works are property of their respective creators. I am doing this purely for recreation, both mine and my readers'. I am not gaining any tangible reward for writing this.

This is a sequel to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/18362215/p1]Renewal I: Winds of Change[/link]
    [hr]

Indexing data:
    Title: Renewal II: From the Ashes
    Author(s): ZebulaNebula
    Timeframe: 4-5 years post TUF
    Characters: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, Zekk, Jag, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Luke, Leia, Mara, Han, Ben, OC's
    Genre: Romance, Humor, Action/adventure, Angst
    Keywords: J/J; J/TK; H/L; L/M; A/T; AU from TUF
    Summary: Anakin Solo has risen from the grave to oversee the redemption of the Yuuzhan Vong in the Force, but the Sith have also returned - and are gunning for the YJK crew and those close to them. Also, rumors of secret Yuuzhan Vong prison camps - filled with high-ranking individuals believed dead, and hidden from Yuuzhan Vong high command - float about.
    Notes: AU from TUF; Part 2 of the five-part Renewal arc.
    [hr]

Dramatis Personae:
    Anakin Solo: Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Arica Skywalker: Child (female Human)
    Ben Skywalker: Jedi Trainee (male Human)
    Blaez Ald'Ruhn: Jedi Trainee (female Bothan)
    Chak Fel: CEDF General (male Human)
    Corrine Asarta: Bodyguard (female Human)
    Czuul Rapuung: Warrior (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Darth Elasmius: Dark Lord of the Sith (male Human)
    Darth Wratth: Lord of the Sith (male Human)
    Dierdre Pell: Fallanassi Student-Adept (female Human)
    Han Solo: Captain, [i]Millenium Falcon[/i] (male Human)
    Jacen Solo: Jedi Knight; King of Corellia (male Human)
    Jagged Fel: Core Region Commander - Starfighter (male Human)
    Jaina Solo-Fel: Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Kyp Durron: Commander: Nova Squadron (male Human)
    Leia Organa-Solo: Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Luke Skywalker: Jedi Master (male Human)
    Lusa: Jedi Knight (female Chironian)
    Malinza Thanas: Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Mara Jade-Skywalker: Jedi Master (female Human)
    Padme Solo: Princess of Hapes (female Human)
    Tahiri Veila: Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Tenel Ka Chume Djo: Jedi Knight; Queen-Mother of Hapes (female Human)
    Valin Horn: Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Zekk: Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Zoe Afyon: Jedi Trainee (female Human)
    [hr]

[b]From The Ashes[/b]

[i]Chapter 1: The Return[/i]

Jacen and Tenel Ka ran down the palace hallway at a brisk pace, responding to Tahiri's report that there was an unexpected presence inside her suite. She had not even bothered to identify the intruder before calling for backup - not with all the rumors of the return of the Sith floating around. If the individual was friendly, a larger welcome party wouldn't be a problem, and if the being was hostile, three Jedi knights could handle all but the deadliest foes.

Upon reahing Tahiri's guest suite, they saw their friend waiting outside the door, lightsaber drawn but unlit. Jacen drew his own lightblade, while Tenel Ka whipped out a pair of sabers, hers in her biological right hand, Jacen's in her prosthetic left.

Jacen slid towards the activation panel, his back to the wall. All of them had masked their presences in the Force, a deliberate trade-off. The person inside the suite could not detedt them, but they were blind to him as well. Jacen pushed the button that opened the door and all three rushed in - to find someone who everyone present knew was dead.

"Who are you, really?" Jacen demanded, "And why have you taken the form of my dead brother?"

"Is that any way to talk to your brother?" The individual responded, "Especially when we haven't seen each other in seven years, outside of one dream."

Upon hearing mention of the dream in which he had been shown the location of Lusankya, sword of Kings, Jacen sheathed his blade, and Tahiri and Tenel Ka put their own weapons away. "Forgive me, Anakin, I mistook you for a Sith in disguise. How in the nine Corellian Hells did you return to this plane?"

"I was sent back. I am to watch over a great event."

"And what would that be?" Te

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    All right!

Anakin's back? Neat. And Tenel Ka got a new arm, I see.

Luke, you got some 'splaining to do! Two red lightsabers???

The Sith?

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I don't like TK's new arm, but it's good to see Akanah dead.

4. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    RK_Striker_JK_5 posted on 8/10/05 10:33am
    All right!

Anakin's back? Neat. And Tenel Ka got a new arm, I see.

Luke, you got some 'splaining to do! Two red lightsabers???

The Sith? [hr][/blockquote]

Anakin's return is at the best possible moment. And TK's had the 'new' arm since Winds. She got it to keep members of her court from cutting off their own arms. Jaina designed the thing, so it's all Solo-rigged. And the Sith are making one last comeback.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=SilSolo][b]SilSolo[/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/10/05 10:45am[/b][hr] I don't like TK's new arm, but it's good to see Akanah dead. [hr][/blockquote]

TK got the new arm to keep brown nosers from mutilating themselves for her favor. And it's obviously a prosthetic - albeit a finely crafted one.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    So, it's got like a grappling hook line in the wrist and a pop-up holdout blaster in the knuckles?

6. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    RK_Striker_JK_5 posted on 8/10/05 11:18am
    So, it's got like a grappling hook line in the wrist and a pop-up holdout blaster in the knuckles? [hr][/blockquote]

And a Hapan gun of command on the ring finger, along with a few other goodies. She figured if she was gonna make that kind of concession, it'd [i]better[/i] be tricked out.

7. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I found the trailer for this and was really excited. Glad to see that Anakin is back. I'll be reading!

8. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Briman posted on 8/10/05 3:24pm
    I found the trailer for this and was really excited. Glad to see that Anakin is back. I'll be reading! [hr][/blockquote]

Cool. I had to bring him back. [face_dancing] New Reader [face_dancing]

Do you want PM's when I update?

Edit: Did you read [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/18362215/p1]Renewal I: Winds of Change[/link]? You can probably read this one on it's own, but there's quite a bit of important backstory in Winds.

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    :D I like this! Plus tennie always needed a new arm, i think. :D

10. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Booyah!!! Excellent way to start.

Ani's back :eek: [face_love]

Can't wait for more!!

11. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    *stares*

Purdy post.

It's good. Very good. And... that is my response...

Actually, I like the Anakin being brought back. Now that's my response.

12. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I have always HATED Akanah...blech. [face_beatup] <Akanah

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Courtney_Solo posted on 8/10/05 5:20pm
    :D I like this! Plus tennie always needed a new arm, i think. [face_grin] [hr][/blockquote]

I knew you would. I thought so, too.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Draconarius][b]Draconarius[/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/10/05 5:28pm[/b][hr] Booyah!!! Excellent way to start.

Ani's back [face_shock] [face_love]

Can't wait for more!! [hr][/blockquote]

Thanks. Like you, I couldn't resist bringing him back.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=C3P0_R2D2][b]C3P0_R2D2[/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/10/05 5:51pm[/b][hr] *stares*

Purdy post.

It's good. Very good. And... that is my response...

Actually, I like the Anakin being brought back. Now that's my response. [hr][/blockquote]

Yeah, I knew Anakin the Younger's return would be popular.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Courtney_Solo][b]Courtney_Solo[/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/10/05 5:54pm[/b][hr] I have always HATED Akanah...blech. [face_beatup] <Akanah [hr][/blockquote]

Yeah, fooling poor Luke into thinking she knew his mother, just to get with him. Don't worry, her daughter is much better behaved.

14. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    ACK! *plugs ears* I haven't finished reading 'Tyrants Test' so don't give away anything!!! [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] [face_plain] < not doing anything

15. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Courtney_Solo posted on 8/10/05 6:17pm
    ACK! *plugs ears* I haven't finished reading 'Tyrants Test' so don't give away anything!!! [face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] [face_plain] < not doing anything [hr][/blockquote]

Okay. No major BFC spoilers in the next chappie or three, anyway.

16. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Wow Zeb, this is gonna be interesting I can tell already. Is anakin only back to oversee this thing, or is he back for good? And Luke has some major 'splaining to to. I don't envy him at all when mara gets him alone.

Fireyforce

17. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I haven't read the first one but I will.

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Fireyforce posted on 8/11/05 9:37pm
    Wow Zeb, this is gonna be interesting I can tell already. Is anakin only back to oversee this thing, or is he back for good? And Luke has some major 'splaining to to. I don't envy him at all when mara gets him alone.

Fireyforce [hr][/blockquote]

Anakin's back to stay. But his new life will be closely tied to the Yuuzhan Vong, as he is to be their long-term guide and guardian. Luke's gonna weasel his way out of the worst of it, but he's still gonna be in the doghouse for a few days.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Briman][b]Briman[/b][/link] [b]posted on 8/11/05 9:59pm[/b][hr] I haven't read the first one but I will. [hr][/blockquote]

Enjoy. And thanks.

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    soooo...more?

20. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Maybe on Monday. If you're good.

21. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    OK, I can wait. [face_worried] Maybe. [face_shhh] [face_devil]

[face_monkey] MORE! [face_monkey]

I'm a [face_clown]

I know! ;D

22. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Courtney_Solo posted on 8/12/05 3:18pm
    OK, I can wait. [face_worried] Maybe. [face_shhh] [face_devil]

[face_monkey] MORE! [face_monkey]

I'm a [face_clown]

I know! ;D [hr][/blockquote]

Unfortunately, I'm going out of town tomorrow, and I'm not going to post on a Sunday.

23. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    =D=

-The Scummy-

24. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Disclaimer: See First Post

A/N: Today is my 21'st birthday. Having recieved many presents, I'll follow Hobbit tradition and give you one.
    [hr]

[b]From The Ashes[/b]

[i]Chapter Two: Happiness and tears[/i]

"Anakin, I can hardly believe it's really you! I vividly remember your funeral, just outside that window." Tahiri whispered, breathless.

"I know. I watched it from afar."

"Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of you. Never leave my side again."

"I would like nothing more."

Jacen interrupted their reunion, handing his brother a pile of clothes. "Here, Anakin, these should fit until you can get something better."

"Thanks, I'll slip into the 'fresher and change out of this sheet," he replied, doing so.

"How are we going to explain his return to the general population - and the government?" Tenel Ka asked, "They will not believe the truth, and we will not permit an untruth."

"I say we make that jump when we come to it. First, let's tell my family, and go from there."

Anakin, stepping out of the 'fresher, tossed the sheet in the laundry chute and showed off his new clothes. "The blue robes are a bit much. Especially with the black jumpsuit."

"You're wearing both outfits at the same time. Ditch the robes." Jacen said, laughing.

"Alright. Could you go set up some quarters for me, I'd feel kinda dirty if I had to sleep here."

"Sure. We'll go set something up. We'll be back shortly." Jacen said as he and Tenel Ka left the suite.

"Anakin," Tahiri whispered, "There's something I want to tell you, something I should've said seven years ago."

"What's that?" Anakin knew what she was going to say.

"I truly, deeply love you. It took losing you for me to realize it, but I've loved you for years." Tahiri now only stood centimeters away from him.

"I know. The hardest part of dying was leaving you behind. I should have told you then, but I love you as well." He kissed her, "I'm not going to let this opportunity slide by. A century and a half is too short as it is."

At that moment, Jacen walked back into the room, "I got you the suite adjacent to thi ..." He did a double take upon seeing his brother kissing Tahiri senseless "should I come back later?"

"No, you're fine." Anakin quickly disentangled himself from Tahiri. He guestured to the door behind him, "So, I'm just through there?"

"Yeah," Jacen said. "Can I ask you a philosophical question?"

"Go right ahead."

"What was it like to be dead?"

"I can't adequitely discuss that without a common frame of reference."

"You're saying I have to die to discuss you're insights on death? You're joking, right?"

"Yeah."

[hr]
    [hr]

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Anakin and Kahless were talking, it seems...

Good to see him and Tahiri back together, though. And like the confusion over what he was wearing.

Up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.