main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Renewal II: From the Ashes. Complete with survey: 9-1-06 (J/TK; A/T; H/L; L/M and more)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZebulaNebula, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I knew you'd get a kick outta that.

2. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Disclaimer: None of this is mine.

[b]From The Ashes[/b]

[i]Chapter Twenty-Eight: New Life[/i]

"Just breathe" Lusa instructed comfortingly, "You're doing fine."

"You call nine centimeters in twenty hours 'just fine'?" Jaina replied, her eyes bloodshot from fatigue.

"You're almost there" the Chironian replied, "It shouldn't be more than another hour or two."

"Great" Jaina shot back, rolling her eyes. "Wait one minute ... when Tenel Ka helped me accelerate the pregnancy, she also taught me how to put myself in a Dathomiri Birthing Trance. I don't know if it's too late, but I'd like to try."

"I don't think that will be a problem. Go for it."

"I will ... " She trailed off as she entered the trance, and everything seemed to accelerate tenfold. As the triplets arrived in quick succession, Lusa passed them to an orderly, who cleaned them and made sure they were healthy.

Once the process was complete, Jaina awoke. "How are they?"

"Your babies are just as tired as you are, but they're just fine." The healer beamed at the new mother "Congratulations. The orderlies will be bringing them to you shortly".

[hr]
    [hr]

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yay! The triplets are here! Birthing trance? Nice of Jaina to remember that. Heh. Lusa had to have her hands full with this delivery.

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Aww! They're here! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I'm so happy. :)

C @};- S

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm not surprised about the birthing trance.

6. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah it is nice she remembered it ... and Lusa did have her hands full, especially since she's been working 30 hours straight - 10 patching up Zekk's hand and 20 on the delivery.

I bet ... and you'll be even happier with the next post.

Indeed ... it's quite logical that they exist.

Next post will be A/T's wedding.

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Disclaimer: None of this is mine.

[b]From the Ashes[/b]

[i]Chapter Twenty-nine: For Always[/i]

Tahiri strode down the impromptu aisle, barely believing the scene before her. Flower petals fell like snow from the [i]Sharra[/i] trees, carpeting the floor of the grove, the guests, her sea-green gown - and her husband-to-be. For his part, he stood at an altar made from pearlescent Oneronian marble, a relaxed, serene smile upon his face.

She climbed the dais, making sure her sandals did not rumple the cream velvoid. Her footwear was an elegant comromise, open topped with soft yellow Bantha-hide straps stretching yo her knees. She winked at her beloved as Master Skywalker began the ceremony.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Tahiri Veila and Anakin Solo. For this joyous occasion, the young couple has chosen to write their own vows. Anakin, you may begin." Luke beamed at the lovers, gesturing to his nephew to make his speech.

"Tahiri, you've been there for me the whole time we've known each other. Even when we were just kids, you were the person I shared all of my adventures and my dreams with. During the time we were apart, I longed for your company, your familiar voice. I realized I loved you when the Yuuzhan Vong attacked Yavin. When I was struck down, you were my last thought - I wished I told you that I loved you." Anakin's voice faltered as he fought back tears. "When I returned, I chose to do so as close to you as possible. All I ask of you is that we never be parted again." He pulled an engraved band of pure Chandrilan gold from his suit pocket, gently placing it on his bride's ring finger. "With this ring, a token of my affection, I thee wed."

Tahiri wiped a tear from her eye as she began her vows. "Whenever I'm with you, I feel like I'm home - but wherever you are not has always felt like somewhere I didn't belong. I can't even pinpoint the day I fell in love with you - I realized I did when I was fourteen, but I also knew it was there long before that. Ikrit said that together we were far stronger than we are apart - and he was right. Without you, I'm nothing. When you died, I died as well - only I didn't know it then. I spent seven years empty inside, going through the motions of a tortured life. When you were returned to me, I was reborn as well. I wish nothing more than to be by your side until the end of our days." She slipped a matching band on Anakin's hand, a symbolic tether that matched the bonds of their hearts. "With this ring, a token of my affection, I thee wed."

Master Skywalker placed the lovers' hands together, announcing "By the power vested in me as a Master of the Jedi Order, I pronounce you husband and wife." He stepped back. "You may now kiss the bride."

Tahiri blushed as Anakin raised her veil, her aquamarine eyes locking with his sapphire ones. She sighed softly as he pressed his lips to hers. She wrapped her arms around him, claiming him as her own. They were together ... for always.

[hr][hr]

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww, how cute! Great to see those two kids getting together. *Sends glare of DEATH over at Del Rey*

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    awww the births and weddings.

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    *goes insane* YYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

You knew I wanted A/T didn't you!?!? ;) :p

Great post!!! :D

C @};- S

11. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks ... it may have been a long and hard journey, but they've made it. And yeah, Del Rey can go **** themselves.

Thanks.

I knew you'd like it. You always want A/T.

[b]Everybody[/b]: the Summer fanfiction awards are upon us. Nomination season has begun for Beyond the Saga. Get out there and nom who you think deserves it - not this turkey, but an actual quality fic.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Gives glare of death at Zeb*

This is a quality fic, Zeb. And that is a fact.

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah ... maybe you're right. I'm just a bit disappointed by this thing's dismal readership.

14. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    just spent the last few hours reading all of Renewal I and II and I gotta say, you've managed to to do all of my fav parings with new twists that made me keep reading!!!

Totally awesome - can't think of anything I would do diff (with the possible, and I say possible exeption of killing jag - I liked him more then alot of people seem to, but I think the current pairing of J/Z is going great, and in this fic I wouldn't change it one bit)

Again, great work Zeb, keep it up and please add me to the PM list,

TnTornado

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Welcome to my world, Zeb. ;) *Pats him on the back* Thank you for writing this thing, still. And we're glad you've continued it.

16. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yes! *Does new reader dance* I'm really glad you liked it ... new twists and all. Killing Jag was something I'd debated about for a while. And I'll gladly add you to the PM list.

17. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I just read the two chapters. Very nice and well done, Zeb. I loved the A/T wedding at the end of that last chapter.

P.S- Zeb, don't feel down. This story IS good as well as your other works.

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    thank you.

19. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Disclaimer: See first post.

[b]From the Ashes[/b]

[i]Chapter Thirty: A celebration of love[/i]

"So are you going to live on Zonoma Sekot?" Leia asked her son and daughter-in-law, still in disbelief of the myriad events of the past few months.

"Yes, we've already got a house half-grown there." Anakin replied, paying more attention to his bride than the conversation.

"Grown?" Han queried, his face a mask of confusion. "Whaddya mean grown?"

"The house is actually a cluster of galls on a local tree," Tahiri explained. "It's been genetically engineered to produce twelve rooms of predetermined size and shape; once it's fully formed, the local craftsmen will add fixtures and begin to grow lamina furniature. It'll be ready for us to move in by the time we get back from Teyr."

"So it's a treehouse?" Han returned, slightly less puzzled.

"Basically." Anakin confirmed. "It's time to toss the corsages." He took Tahiri by the hand and led her to the center of the dance floor.

Valin, acting as the soundjock, coaxed all the single people into opposing groups on the dance floor. Anakin and Tahiri stood face-to-face, the men behind him, and the women behind her. "Alright ladies and gents," Valin began, "Time for an old Corellian wedding tradition: the bride and groom are about to toss their corsages. You may or may not know that, according to thier legends, that whoever catches the corsages will be the next to get married."

As Valin counted down, the young lovers agreed that two certain people needed the nudge. On the word "Throw", Anakin's corsage sailed directly into Zekk's hands, while Tahiri's plopped into Jaina's hair.

"Interference!" Lusa yelled, a mischevious gleam in her eyes. "The bride and groom used the Force to guide the corsasges."

As Jaina and Zekk placed the small bunches of flowers back in the lovers' hands, Valin announced a re-throw. This time, Tahiri's landed in Danni Quee's outstretched hand, while Anakin's hit the floor in front of Chak Fel, who picked it up, laughing.

As the 'next happy couple' meandered to the holographer to get their image recorded for family memory, Jaina approached her sister-in-law, trembling with half-contained laughter. "I get the hint; Zekk and I are already in the middle of rediscovering each other. Good luck, I hope you and Anakin enjoy your honeymoon. I need to get home ... I don't wanna leave the triplets with a sitter much longer."

"I understand" Tahiri responded, hugging her long-time friend.

[hr]

Meanwhile, Raynar sat at the bar, drinking one glass of whiskey after another. Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he whirled around, blaster in hand. When Lusa's visage filled his sight, he holstered his weapon, apologizing profusely.

"That's what I'd like to talk to you about," she told him sternly. "You haven't been yourself in some time. You're acting like you're in a warzone all the time, you're shutting out everybody who'se supposedly close to you, and don't get me started about the fact that you haven't relaxed in years, if what Jaina says is right. Whatever it is has hounded you since the battle of Dathomir. Do you want to talk about it?"

"NO!" he shot back, startled at his own ferocity. He closed his eyes - only to see the bloody field of battle that always filled his mind's eye at times like this.

"Raynar, you seem to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. You can either let me help you, or I can drag you to Cighal's infirmary." The Chironian placed a comforting hand on her companion's shoulders, "You can trust me. I'm a healer and I'm your friend."

He simply nodded weakly as she reached out with her mind to his, seeing the massacre of the Frenzied River clan through his eyes as he hid in the grass, seeing Lomi and Welk - Dark Jedi who had been returned to the light with his help - cut down by berserk Yuuzhan Vong cannibals driven by pure bloodlust, saw Raynar himself butcher Yuuzhan Vong of all castes in a single-handed night raid. <[i]You blame yourself for these

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hehe. Good call, Lusa. Man, I want a treehouse on Zonoma Sekot now! Poor Raynar... Good thing he's got Lusa to help him out there. And hehe on the little 'nudging' there.

21. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    good update Zeb - you need to update more often!

TnTornado

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004

"So are you going to live on Zonoma Sekot?" Leia asked her son and daughter-in-law, still in disbelief of the myriad events of the past few months.

It's actually Zonama Sekot, but I might be wrong, so it's best to check the book covers.

Oooh Raynar/Lusa. We need to start rallying R/L fans on the resource board.

23. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah, good call. lol, I kinda got that idea from an RPG called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. In the game, there are houses like the ones I described. True, Raynar/Lusa is going to be a major arc in part III. glad you liked he nudge.

Thanks - and I know. I just had an especially long bout of the DWB's.

You're right ... dang. Sadly, it's far from the only spelling error in the fic. Yeah, we do need to rally the R/L fans ... unfortunately, there's more good pairings than time.

24. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    Raynar and Lusa(groans)

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I knew you'd like it. You always want A/T.

*laughs* Yes, I do. :D

Great update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.