main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Renewed interest/obsession with Star Wars

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Cardiac, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Cardiac

Cardiac Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2014
    Hi forum members....

I am a 45 year old Father of 3. I have always been a fan of the Star Wars movies from when I was a kid. I have never been a serious collector or anything, but of late the interest of my 11 year old twins (boy and girl) have rekindled my interest in the Star Wars Saga. Having recently re-watched all 6 of the movies this weekend. The fire has been lit. My kids were at Disney for Star Wars weekend (I had to work) and they are so excited and had a blast. I have noticed that I have missed so much and seeing things as an adult I notice the complex story lines and sub plots.

I also see that I need to and I am looking forward to watching the Clone Wars, along with reading some of the works of literature that have been produced over the years.

I feel like such a newbie. But as with most of my passions in life I know I will soon be diving head first in the quest to see, learn and enjoy it all. I look forward to the interaction here on these forums with like minded Star Wars Fans!!

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Cardiac
    Hello. The Clone Wars or TCW as we abbreviate it is my favourite show and It expands the universe and makes you think. I would just keep with it as the start is kind off slow (but enjoyable). I recommend The Forcecast Clone Wars Roundtable and Rebel Force Radio's Clone Wars Declassified. If you need help with the forums you can request a master in the e adoption scheme.

Cardiac likes this.
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the boards! :)

Maybe it's not bad that you re-discovered your love of SW. With the new films ahead there might be some changes in SW history and you can decide to follow the new way without remembering the old one. Maybe an advantage. ;)

No matter what... Enjoy your stay! :D

Cardiac likes this.
  4. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome, Cardiac! I'm in my 40s myself and there are a number of us "original generation" fans running around here as well. The age range of posters ranges from kids to one long-time member (around since the forum was started in the late 90s) who has mentioned he just started receiving Social Security! Also there are all levels of fandom represented here, from die-hards who eat, drink, and breathe SW to more "casual" fans. I don't have kids myself, but I think introducing one's kids to SW and seeing their excitement and enjoyment must be the very best part of being a fan! There have been some cute threads in the "Star Wars Community" subforum with people posting anecdotes about their kids' comments and reactions to various aspects of the franchise, so you might enjoy looking at those or even sharing a story or two about your kids at some point.

People are also pretty friendly to newbies in most areas of the forum, so don't hesitate to jump in and start posting! The mods are also great and always ready to help should you have questions or concerns.

Hope you enjoy the boards!:)

Edit: Let me also echo Darthmaul208's recommendation of "Rebel Force Radio" podcasts--they have a number of different shows (not just on TCW), including individual movie commentaries, weekly SW news updates (which is really picking up as Ep VII has started filming), shows which analyze John Williams' music for each of the films, etc. Downloading a few of those podcasts makes for great listening on a family road trip or just running around town doing errands!