main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reoccuring Memory -- One-shot, humor, Jedi younglings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Reoccurring Memory
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: drama, humor
    Characters: OC Jedi and . . . .
    Keywords Jedi, younglings, lightsabers
    Summary: A young Jedi knight learns that the Creche Masters still have lessons to teach.
    Notes: typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers don?t catch being my speciality ? if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to George and Lucasfilm; I?m just playing in their sandbox

"Younglings! Younglings!" Creche Master Mummeme clapped her hands. The twenty little ones stopped fidgeting and poking each other. They each clutched a training lightsaber that they had been given that morning.

When the little ones were silent and attentive, Mummeme bowed and stepped back. A broad shouldered woman in yellowish-tan tunic and tabbards stepped forward.

"I am Jedi Knight Tu-tok Breki. And the Creche Masters have told me that you have all done well and that you are ready and worthy enough to begin your lightsaber training." Twenty sets of eyes followed her as she strode before them. They were very young indeed, Breki thought as she spoke, some of them tiny. But they had all been selected because they had similar maturity in the Force.

"This is my Padawan Learner, Limanas-tah." Breki gestured to a thin young man in a brown tunic and with spotted skin markings and long sagging ears. "He will assist me in training you. The Creche Masters have shown you how to activate your sabers - - "

A short green lightsaber fizzed into life in the middle of the crowd. All the other crechlings ducked away from it. Somebody yipped.

"I did not tell you activate them yet," Breki said sternly. The green blade vanished. Breki waited with arms crossed until all the younglings stopped giggling and hooting and gave her their attention again.

"We shall begin with some simple defensive actions, and if you do well and mind these exercises I will show you some more advanced techniques. Now everyone must first line up in rows, so you each have enough room to practice."

'Advanced' was quite relative to this class. The most difficult techniques that these younglings were capable of learning would still be elementary to the youngest Padawan. But all sets of twenty eyes lit up at the word 'advanced'. They were young and eager to be older.

Limanas-tah arranged them all into four rows of five, spaced well away from each other in the big, well lit, exercise room. Breki strolled around them, occasionally reminding the littlest ones that they were to stay still and ignore what the others were doing.

When they were finally all ready and facing forward, Breki began by demonstrating a simple block, the lightsaber kept horizontal to the ground, sweeping upward, protecting the body.

Standing before the group Breki announced, "Activate your lightsaber now."

Twenty small sabers fizzed into life, but doing their own little dances, green and blue lines of light waving and pointing in all directions. Most of them weren't holding their sabers correctly. A few had not turned theirs on. She and Limanas-tah went through the rows, adjusting little hands, repositioning small arms and feet.

A few times a blade tapped her and she admonished the young one severely for carelessness. Though the low power weapons could only deliver a static-like sting, awareness of the blade was always the first and last lesson for all Crechlings. Breki could sense that they could feel their lightsabers through the Force, but most of them did not understand it, or realize why it was important.

Resuming her place before the rows, Breki lead them in the sweeping defense again. They all had their sabers activated this time and most of them were pointed the right way, but there was more arm flailing and hopping. Breki sighed, remembering that the Creche Masters had warned her that patience was the first and last lesson fo

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was adorable. I remember the Jedi Academy well. Even if I didn't have one of my own kids up there, they were just so adorable to watch.

Loved that Qui got hit in the crotch. LOL.

Great job.

3. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    aww that was cute

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Qui!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I'm sure even Breki would agree he got the worse end of training the younglings.

Very cute!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Om my...*giggle*...poor Qui!

What goes around comes around!

Lovely response to the picture challenge and just what I needed!

Well done :D

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hee hee, that was cute! [face_laugh]

I love Qui-Gon as a little crecheling with messy hair and missing teeth, too cute.

Thanks for sharing that, ardavenport, I loved that story! [face_love]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved this little peek into Qui-Gon's youth=D=[face_laugh]

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    They were young and eager to be older.

... ... ...

They were all supposed to take a fighting stance and stay in place, but most of them added bounces and hops as if their little bodies could not be satisfied by this simple exercise.

I must be feeling old and nostalgic, because these two lines really got me.

... small boy with messy brown hair and missing front teeth ... "Qui-Gon! Qui-Gon!" Mummeme rushed up and seized the little menace by his tunic and took the saber away from him.

Didn't see that coming. But should have. (Messy brouwn hair, after all...) Qui-Gon the little menace. What an image!

Simply delightful little vig, and well-titled, too. Lovely.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read this earlier and was SURE I had replied. Apparently, the mind really IS the first thing to go! :p

Anyway, loved it! [face_laugh] =D=

10. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    dianethx: Thank-you! Those little kids are dangerous with a saber. [face_mischief]

JediKaren: Thank-you!

KELIA: Oh, Qui-Gon had a rough time. [face_mischief] thanks for reading!

Kestrel_Kenobi: Thanks! :)

Bastet: I like to imagine that Qui-Gon was a cute kid. :) Thanks for the reply!

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank-you! :)

ratna: Yes, Qui-Gon the menace with a training saber. [face_mischief] But I think he would have shown his talent earlier, if not his coordination. Thanks for the reply!

VaderLVR64: I was SURE that I had replied to this one, too. But not. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Very good.[face_laugh]

Qui-Gon! Qui-Gon!" Mummeme rushed up and seized the little menace by his tunic and took the saber away from him. He instantly quieted and immediately looked guilty while Breki rubbed her knees. Mummeme softly spoke to him and he gulped. Breki could not hear the words she spoke now, but she clearly heard in her head the words that the Creche Master had said years ago.

'Now Breki I know you are sorry for hitting everyone, and you want to apologize to Master Therak and the class for it.' Little Breki, back then, almost tearfully did so.

Now this small youngling bowed before her and began his own apology. Standing behind him, Creche Master Mummeme's gentle, knowing smile was shaded with memory.

I love her description of Qui-Gon "a little menace"

12. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Yeah, little Qui-Gon would be a lot of trouble. Lots of energy and ready to go after anything with a lightsaber. [face_mischief] Thanks for reading!

13. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    How sweet!!

I loved it!

14. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I enjoyed reading this. The story I'm currently working on features younglings.

15. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    monkeykelci: Thank-you!

Space_Wolf: Thanks for reading!

16. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    *winces* That's gotta hurt!

LoL, though. I couldn't stop laughing long enough to even be able to press the reply button! :p

Well done!

17. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Yep, that's gotta hurt, even with a practice saber. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.