Repackaged POTJ figures in Saga series!!! Cmon now

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by southbeach, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. southbeach Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As usual Hasbro does it again. Seems they are repackaging Teebo, Imperial Officer, Tantive IV Rebel Soldier, and Eeth Koth from the old POTJ into the new Saga series. Now Cmon at least position them differently or something. It kills me when they do this stuff...!
  2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I know the Rebel and Imperial Troopers will be getting new head sculpts like Hasbro did with the Endor Trooper, so I see both those as new figures and I'm glad they'll be re-released. As for the other figures? I was lucky enough to find them in stores the first time around, but I know many folks who weren't. I see this as a nice "second chance" at some older figure that were pretty hard to find, and I think it's a good idea. If you don't want them, or need them, just skip 'em. Look at it this way, it'll give you some time to save up for the next line after them... :p ;)
  3. JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I agree with Neck on this one. Unfortunately, most of the figures they are "re-releasing" did not make it to my area of the country. So I see this as a golden opportunity not just for collectors, but for the new generation of Star Wars fans to get their paws on these figures.
  4. southbeach Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Interesting... Never thought about that. Thanks for your point of view....
  5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ditto, I'm glad they'r re-releasing all these figs.

Especially a fig like the Council Yoda: I never got that one when it first came out, so I'll definitely be getting it this time! :)

Army builder head sculpts + second chance at getting figures = Yay! :D
  6. Ret Jedi Knight

star 6
    Are the head sculpts different in the pics? I can't tell.
  7. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    [link=http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=570&zoneid=7]Click here for pics.[/link]

I can't really tell from those, but they're supposed to be.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at the them side by side, you can tell there's a difference. It's easier to see with the Imperial Officer:

[link=http://www.artoosnews.com/potjpics/potjimperialofficer.jpg]Old head sculpt[/link] vs [link=http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/sagaimpoff_fr.jpg]New head sculpt[/link]

Rebel Trooper:

[link=http://www.artoosnews.com/potjpics/rebelfleetrooper.jpg]Old head sculpt[/link] vs [link=http://www.galactichunter.com/toy_images/sagarebel_fr.jpg]New head sculpt[/link]
  8. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yep I looked everywhere for a Eeth but never found one.

Really over all it doesn't bug me that much. Kenner did it for every movie pretty much. There was little (if any I'm not a vintage guy I don't know) diffrence between the ANH stormtrooper and the ESB stormtrooper.
  9. ThePostman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I may not become a completist when these figures are released. I mean really, Hasbro is pushing it now.
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Whoa! I didn't know they were releasing an EWOK! YAY! I always can use more ewoks for my Endor diorama (2 ewoks already, 2 AT-STs, rebel troopers, Han Solo Endor raid, and a coupla speeder bikes and other odds and ends)!

Sweet! That Imperial Officer and Rebel Blockade Runner troop looks way cool.
  11. Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmm.....
    I hoped we`d get a Rebel trooper with the likeness of that elder guy we always saw in closeup aiming at the doors.
    Rumors said so.
    I passed on the first one with the thought
    we`ll be getting a Rebel with this old guy`s head.
    Both figures have pretty much the same
    likeness. I´ll pass on this one too.

I got the PotJ original release of the Imperial Commander last a year ago
    ( for Christmas :) ).
    The headlikeness is pretty nice.
    I won`t buy him again just because of the headswap.
  12. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  13. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Bleh....I can live without all these. The POTJ assortment was distributed very nicely in this area, so I had no trouble finding any of the 4. I'll prolly get one extra Imperial Officer and RFT because of the new head sculpts. And did anyone notice Teebo comes with a couple of extra accessories?

I think a better idea would have been to reissue R2-B1 and TC-14 on Saga cards. Both have army-building or customizing potential and were nowhere near as widely distributed as the last POTJ assortment was. Unfortunately, the lame TPM backlash will prolly prevent either of these two seeing the light of day ever again.
  14. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "I think a better idea would have been to reissue R2-B1 and TC-14 on Saga cards"

I agree with that 100%, I'd like to see that whole line re-released in fact. I never saw a single one of them in stores, and would love to be able to pick them up without having to go to eBay.
  15. shocktrooper Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Considering that both are really good army builders and the Rebel has two rather different poses the new head resculpt looks good.

Personally I'd like to see the Naboo Royal Guard repackaged ( I really liked the look of that figure but that whole wave never made it to OZ.)
  16. Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master

star 6
    Woo-hoo

I only got Eeth Koth out of the wave
  17. Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Actually, I would love for Hasbro to package the Red R2 droid from the Naboo Starship.

18. Ret Jedi Knight

star 6
    That would really make the people who bought the Queen's ship feel good.
  19. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I think that Eoth Koth is awoesome
  20. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I had no problem finding R2-B1 or TC-14. Peg warmers where I live.
  21. ThePostman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How many times must I say this. I only want a Piell. and of course a Yareal Poof ;)
  22. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    If it isn`t Postman.
  23. leif Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well i just picked up the new Saga Yoda with Chair & Lightsaber.... LAAAAAMO. I didnt open it because i have an extra Ep1 Yoda with chair. maybe together the two will be worth something 30 years from now.

But i am a complete'ist for the figure line, so i had to buy it.

and just for the record. I like troop builder with resulpted heads. or re-issueing a fig so people can get it. but yoda is a rehash, nothing new. he doesnt even look like the same head on the rest of the yoda ep2 figs.
  24. PhantomMenace Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think the Eeth Koth figure should read ATTACK OF THE CLONES rather than THE PHANTOM MENACE. His pose is much more resemblant of the arena battle.
  25. ThePostman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I havent been able to find anything new in a while but now that I am broke and jobless that may be a good thing.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.