main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Reparation" -- Sequel to 'Forever,' Skywalker family AU, Update 3/19/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Siaynoqsbride, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Now I hope none of you have forgotten my fondness for cliffhangers...
    *sigh* How could we... ;)

Excellent chapter...so glad to see you're back! I've actually been gone as well, returning just a few days ago to post some new chapters and review some more. Hurray for coming back to JC!! =D=

Can't wait for the next chapter!

2. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Hurray! You're back and with a wonderful chapter 3.

I loved the little bit of humor you added with the comment about hoping Anakin didn't end up looking like Yoda. But the intensity of the cliffie ending was wonderful.

Great work!=D=

3. Anakins-girl

Anakins-girl Jedi Master star 2

May 20, 2005
    Great to see an update!!

4. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh I am sooo happy you are back!! Unfortunately so are your evil cliffies! No, just teasing the cliffies just build the tension, so it's all good!

I hope Luke is ok...[face_worried]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Really glad to see that you're continuing this. Hey, writer's block and real life happens, though it doesn't seem fair, does it??

Anyway, a beautiful chapter and well worth the wait! Please keep me on your PM list! :D

=D= =D=

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *is just back from the snowy Harz Mountains (Germany) and happy to find your up-date!*

Thanks for brightening my university term holidays!!!

*will take all the time in the world to read everything very carefully, because from tomorrow on (St. Patrick´s Day) she will be with her beloved master DU in the NL!*

7. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow just found this story please add me to your PM list if you have one please?

8. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Great new post!!!! :D

I wonder what will happen next. What exactly did Vader see?

This is getting really intense, and I can't wait for the next update.

9. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    FitJedi - Thank you, more is on the way! :)

Jazz_Skywalker - Yeah, me too. :p As for Luke... [face_devil]

Amidala66 - That's alright, I honestly had to re-read what I had written. 8-} Thank you, hope you enjoy it!

ilymeforever - It's amazing to me as well! And I agree, you'll have to wait to find out...

Across-the_Stars - It feels good to be back! [:D] Me too! That's one thing I am sometimes concerned about, that I make my characters too saint-like. You'll just have to see... :D I know, I still haven't lost my fondness for cliffhangers. As for Salvation, I don't know, most likely sometime, but that story was really powerful for me to write and I think I kind of need to ease myself back into Anakin and Padme's minds, if you know what I mean? But yes, I do plan to update it sometime, I swear!

CommanderK23 - They can't seem to keep themselves out of trouble, can they? :p Thank you, and I'll be sure to drop a line out! :)

zozobozo - Tee hee hee, that made me giggle!

DarthUncle - Aww, hee, I'm wishing myself lots of inspiration! Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! And I just wasn't satisfied with the last one, so I just had to rewrite it... :rolleyes: :p

michaellover - [:D] No, I would never abandon this story! Heh, I felt like adding some humor in there somewhere. As for that, you'll have to see... [face_shhh]

Ani-maniac - [:D] [face_dancing] I know, and believe me it feels good! Aww, thank you! Anakin and visions do not usually seem to mix well. Just a litte understatement. :p Thanks again!

VA_Parky - Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! Hee, I'm glad to see that so many of you haven't fogotten me! I am incredibly glad to be back as well, but watch out- it's a bumpy ride.

naadi - Thank you, glad to be back, more is on the way!

LovedAnakin - Yay, I've returned! [face_dancing] Aww, thank you! [face_blush]

Dally - True, thank you. And those amends are coming, but with a few twists first... '

Stella51 - [face_blush] Thank you and you're welcome!

Galactic_Girl - The Force in a jar, huh? Exactly! :D And you'll soon discover more about Luke's situation... Great to be back, missed all of you!

ZekksGoddess - I don't think I'll ever be able to cure this cliffhanger addiction. :( I can't help it, I really can't. :p I know, it feels good to be back, doesn't it? You miss this place when you're away. Hope the chapter won't dissapoint! ;)

PadwanKayla - [face_blush] Thank you. I need to go to Cliffhangers Anonymous! 8-} Thanks again!

Anakins-girl - Great to write one!

ANAKINSBABY - I'm very happy to be back! And wherever I go, the cliffies follow me. They don't seem to want to leave me alone. 8-} As for Luke... [face_devil]

VaderLVR64 - I'm really glad to be continuing it! I've missed fanfic and all the wonderful people as well. No, it honestly doesn't seem fair, either to myself or my readers, but I'm back now! Thank you very much, glad you liked it! :D

AzureAngel2 - Hello Nicole! :D I hope everything's going well for you! *Is happy to be writing again*

Peagis - Sure thing!

ladie_padawan - Thank you, that's good to hear! Like George Lucas says: "Faster and more intense!" As for what he saw... ;)

10. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Everyone- I've started a new 'fic, called Destiny's Savagery, if anyone is interested. Padme loses all memory of her former life in this one, including everything she knew about Anakin. Angst, romance, the usual... Check it out if you wish! :D

Alright, enjoy the post, don't hurt me too badly for the end of it. :p
    ------
    Chapter Four

There was a planet that existed that had once been known as Coruscant. In its former days, it had been a place of extremes; from the corrupt rich to those in the lower levels wallowing in their own crapulence.

Now, it was different.

There was still corruption, but there was something in the minds of the people, the very atmosphere of the planet, that had not existed before. It seemed to ooze through the streets, seemed to trail off the planet in rivulets. It almost contained a presence, like a real, living person. It was just as powerful and influential.

It was fear. Complete, utter terror and the knowledge that resistance was futile. Coruscant had a new name; Imperial City.

The fear was concentrated, was most powerful towards the monument that loomed over the planet. It was a dark testament to the might of corruption, towards the strength of an Emperor and his Empire. Its sheer size was to be appreciated and frightened, but it was more than size that intimidated. Dark currents of terrible power seemed to breathe among it like a lover's caress, seemed to darken the air around it.

The tallest section of the black pyramid was the one that was most feared. It was the one that few dared to enter, that few dared to even speak of. There were quiet rumors among some of the more daring populace that there had been glimpses at night of terrible things. Blue lightning, some said, and screams. The hysteria was barely containable when one spoke of that terrible section of the Imperial Palace.

That was where the dark master of the Empire made his abode. That was where he retired to to entrench himself further in the shaded glories of his art.

Darth Sidious was sitting at the top of the Imperial Palace. Shadows wreathed the entire chamber, but he was at the center of them. All things proceeded from him. He was cast in terrifying glory, set upon a dark throne, the room seeming only to enhance his power. He sat, the most authoritative man in the galaxy, and contemplated.

The Emperor was not pleased.

Dark anger flowed in and out of him, around him, comforting him with its strength. Its presence was palpable, and he enjoyed the looks of terror those who were sent to his chambers wore. He bathed in their fear, fed off of it. It gave him focus and determination.

He had lost Darth Vader, had lost him to something that was so foreign as to be repulsive. His lip curled in contemptuous disdain as he thought of it. Love. He had underestimated Padmé Amidala, and his former apprentice's sad devotion to her. The thought of failure enraged him, but he had long since learned the benefit of keeping a tight leash upon his rage. It served him, and his anger was kept controlled, cooled.

The weaknesses remained in Vader, and his apprentice was still susceptible to fall. The flaws were perfectly illuminated for Sidious, like hairline fractures appearing along a priceless vase. Vader's strength was also his greatest weakness, and the thing that had restored him could be crucial in forcing him back to obedience.

Old habits die hard, thought the Emperor. Hate was intoxicating, as addictive as a drug. There was still a fulcrum in Anakin around which everything turned. If he could exploit that weakness once more...

That was one path. But there was another that lay before Sidious, one that could perhaps be just as appealing. Vader had not reached his full potential, due to the meddling of Obi-Wan Kenobi. But there were, perhaps, other ways, other powers that remained unused.

The children of the Chosen One were whole, unlike their pathetic father, and they could easily be mani

11. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Oh no! :eek: I knew that nasty Sids would eventually appear in the fic; and now, not only has he appeared, but he's found Luke!!! Could this be what Anakin sensed in the last post?

I only hope Ani and Padme can make it to Luke in time...[face_worried]

=D= @};-

12. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    No! I was hoping so badly that they would be able to keep him a secret, but I suppose with the last name..... Evil, evil Palpy. He deserves a torturous death for all the angst he caused (and is causing) the Skywalkers!

jazz

13. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Yikes, creepy, creepy Sith.

[face_worried] I do hope that Anakin & Padmé can get to their son in time... ;) or Obi-Wan.

Great post =D=

14. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    I can't wait to find out what happens next - hope Obi-wan is ready to spring into action. He's going to have to make one quick escape, that's for sure! And I hope Owen and Beru are okay!

*bites fingernails* Don't leave us hanging for too long!! My fingernails aren't too long to begin with!! [face_praying] ;)

15. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    What a great character study of Palpatine, particularly the description of him stroking his chair and that it was his only lust.

Insidious rumination cast its threads over the Emperor's mind...
    I loved that you used the work insidious. Perfect.

Great job =D= and now Luke is in trouble as of course, Anakin knew.

16. ilymeforever

ilymeforever Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    A new part... woo hoo Ok yeah Im happy.. and you are posting a new fic.. thats more awesome.. thank you so much..

Mary

17. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

Dark anger flowed in and out of him, around him, comforting him with its strength. Its presence was palpable, and he enjoyed the looks of terror those who were sent to his chambers wore. He bathed in their fear, fed off of it. It gave him focus and determination.

*straitens black Sith-robes* Ah, such an incredible description, as a Sith, I approve. ;)

The weaknesses remained in Vader, and his apprentice was still susceptible to fall. The flaws were perfectly illuminated for Sidious, like hairline fractures appearing along a priceless vase. Vader's strength was also his greatest weakness, and the thing that had restored him could be crucial in forcing him back to obedience.

Very true, and a perfect description of Anakin.

Human spirits were malleable, if only you knew which buttons to push. Understanding without empathy was the Emperor's strength. He comprehended fully the basic selfishness that was at the core of every soul, and he knew how to push at it. It was not as hard as all that, manipulation. And once he had planted the seeds of darkness, they were difficult to remove, like cutting off a limb. He had made rage to Lord Vader become just as crucial as the breathing equipment his apprentice wore.

Wow...you capture Sidious perfectly as well. I love how you describe him, understanding people in ways others don't, but yet not caring for them. He sees them as tools, a means to an end.

And that is a great spot to leave off as well. :D

Amazing work as always, I can't wait for the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

18. zozobozo

zozobozo Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    Ok I was laughing most of this chapter about what a kick in Sidious's bum Anikan runnung away with Padme becouse of his ability to still love was [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh]

But the end bit with the old wrinkeled kodger finding Luke thats made me worrie about poor wittle Lukey. [face_worried]

Hope the next chapter is out soon and Luke reamains on the light side of the force [face_praying]

Zozobozo [face_peace]

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *has made herself cosy and comfy in her be [face_love] ed master s "sith castle", happily munching on Dutch sweets until she started reading chapter 3!*

But for some reason nasty Palps made my hunger disapear... :eek: ... :mad: ...

I just hope that Luke will be as strong as in ROTJ and say a definite "No!" to the Dark Side plus each crazy offer that the Emperor makes. Yes, he has inherited some of his father s flaws, but there is good in him... and some wits from his mother. [face_praying]

And about Padme s strenght: In one of my favorite RUNRIG songs there is a line that goes "Only the weak can break that strong!" Hum, I think in this case it is better to quote Jaqueline Carey (= KUSHIEL S DART, KUSHIEL S CHOOSEN & KUSHIEL S AVATAR). The One who yields is not weak.
    :D

But please, do us one favour, dear Siaynosbride!!! Do not take another creative break until October again!!! That would be more cruel than any sinister plan that Palps possibly could have!!!

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You've really captured Palpatine here! [face_frustrated] Lovely work! =D=

21. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    OH NOOOOOO LUKE!!!!!!HURRY ANAKIN!!!![face_praying]

22. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    I hope they get to him before Palpatines agents do!

23. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ as if you weren't expecting that.

24. Across-the_Stars

Across-the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I HATE Palpatine!!!!! I hope that Ani and Padme can get to Luke before that slimy, wrinkly, good for nothing creep. Did I mention that I hate Palpatine. That was so evil of you, leaving hanging like that....evil cliff! Please update soon[face_praying] [face_praying].

25. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Yikes! Well glad to see Sids is his usual deliciously evil self! And now he's found Luke! Not good...[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.