main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Repercussions of Betrayal --- Sequel to The Ulimate Betrayal--- Author's Note 9/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedimommie2, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    It's finally here! The sequel to "The Ultimate Betrayal!" I hope you all enjoy it!

Repercussions of Betrayal

Timeframe: This takes place approximately one year after event in ?The Ultimate Betrayal?.

Summary: A year later, Obi-Wan begins to suffer from complications from the midichlorian transplant.

Part 1:

His body was glistening as sweat streamed down his lean, muscular body. His brow was furrowed in deep concentration as he perfectly executed the detailed kata that his master had been teaching him. To look at the handsome young man, it would be difficult to imagine that almost a year ago; Obi-Wan Kenobi had been at death?s door.

He had become involved with Li?ve Namow, who was seeking revenge against his master, Qui-Gon Jinn. She had used the padawan and his crumbling relationship with his master as a means of waging a personal war. She had poisoned Obi-Wan and as a result, his midichlorian count had been depleted.

The padawan had undergone an experimental procedure involving the transplantation of midichlorians. As part of her punishment, Li?ve was stripped of her midichlorians and they were given to Obi-Wan. Both he and his master had been hesitant about the procedure, but their misgivings had been overruled by the council. Fortunately, everything had gone well and Obi-Wan accepted the new midichlorians without any problems.

Obi-Wan had spent the next several months recuperating. His illness had left him weak and he was forced to build his strength back up at a slow pace. During this time, he and Qui-Gon had been working to rebuild their relationship as well. The past several years had been strained between them. They had begun to address the issues that had caused the chasm and were diligently working to close the gap. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were once again becoming the strongest master/padawan team in the Jedi temple.

As Obi-Wan was completing the kata, he stood balanced, his feet planted firmly, as he brought his lightsaber directly in front of him. The shimmering blue from the blade reflected in the padawan?s own sea changing orbs, creating a vibrant aura around the young man?s exquisite face. As he began to lift the lightsaber over his head, a searing pain ripped through his side. Taken by complete surprise, Obi-Wan cried out and released the lightsaber, allowing it to fall to the ground. He made his way over to a nearby wall and leaned against it for support. He embraced his side as the pain continued to be an unwelcome intrusion.

A few minutes later, the pain began to subside. Obi-Wan slowly straightened up and walked over to pick his lightsaber off the floor. He winced slightly as he bent over. A residual twinge served as a reminder to the padawan of what he had just experienced. He slipped his tunic back on but decided to just carry his utility belt and robe. Still holding his side, he began to make his way to his quarters. He was met by Qui-Gon as he rounded the corner.

Qui-Gon Jinn was slightly out of breath. He had been eating noon meal with Mace when he felt Obi-Wan?s pain through the Force. The master had raced out of the cafeteria, running down to the training area to see what was wrong with his padawan. ?Are you all right, Padawan??

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes Master. I don?t know what happened. I had just about completed that last kata you had taught me and I felt a sharp pain in my side. I?m okay now, but it did take me by surprise.?

?Perhaps I should take you to the healers,? Qui-Gon said, concern evident in his eyes.

?I don?t think that is necessary, Master,? Obi-Wan protested. ?I?m fine, really I am.?

?Where have I heard that before? Allow me to put it another way, Padawan. I am going to take you to the healers.? Qui-Gon smiled as Obi-Wan rolled his eyes in frustration. ?Then after you are done at the healers, you can meditate on why you should not roll your eyes at your master.?

Obi-Wan sighed as he realized that there was no use trying to argue with Qui-Gon. Master and Padawan walked in

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh! Ole TinMar is gonna get it in the end!! *Tsk* *Tsk* And I bet he lets Afina take part of the blame! *Sniff* Poor thing...

And Obi totally oblivious to it all. Glad to see that the Force is still trying to get Qui's attention about something being wrong.

Great start for the sequal!!! :D :D So Obi has to teach? *snrk* bet he's gonna love that! hehehehehe

3. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Come on Qui - where is that hard head and stubborness we all adore so much? He needs to put his foot down and demand a thorough evaluation of Obi-Wan's health, but not at the hands of Master TinMar.

Great start JM2! :)

4. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I knew it..I knew it...I knew it! Li've had something in her blood and TinMar the idiot skipped right on over things because he's an idiot.

And things are gonna get worse before anything starts looking up, eh?

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, I can't wait for more!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    bad healer- he is supposed to help, not hurt

7. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: I had a feeling that you would be the first reply! Thank you so much!

Bekah_K: Don't worry--you will get to see a lot of that infamous Qui-Gon stubborness! Thanks for reading.

VampiDigitalWytch: And things are gonna get worse before anything starts looking up, eh? You can pretty much count on it! ;)

VaderLVR64: Next post is in the works! Glad you are enjoying it!

PadawanKitara: Blinded by pride the healer is!

Thank you all for reading. The next post should be ready sometime tomorrow!

8. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
  9. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    foxy_kenobi: Thanks!

Sorry to say the post won't be up until sometime late today. I wanted to have it up this weekend, but life got very busy. Sorry to keep you hanging. Thank you for your patience.

10. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Here's the next post. I hope that you all enjoy it! :)

Part 2:

Obi-Wan gathered his things as he prepared to leave the classroom where he had just provided tutelage to several of Master Gallia?s students. The padawan truly excelled in all his academic subjects and he was willing to help those who had difficulty in various subjects. Being one to never boast of his achievements endeared the young man to everyone who knew him. As he pushed the chair in under the table, Master Gallia approached him. ?Padawan Kenobi, I can not begin to thank you for the help you provided my students. I do not know why I couldn't explain things as simply as you did. I could see this light of understanding illuminate their faces.?

Obi-Wan blushed at the praise from the beautiful master. ?Thank you, Master Gallia. That?s very kind of you to say.?

?I only speak the truth, Padawan Kenobi. You have a natural ability to teach others; perhaps this should be something that you consider once you reach Knighthood,? she replied.

Again, Obi-Wan?s cheeks flushed crimson as Master Gallia continued to sing his praises. Having finished gathering his belongs he bowed respectively to the council member. ?It has been an honor to serve, Master Gallia. Will I see you tomorrow at the council hearing regarding my probation??

?I will be there. Are you ready??

The padawan nodded. ?I hope so. I feel that I have proven myself worthy to continue my training; I just hope that the council agrees.? Obi-Wan had been very nervous about the proceedings ever since Master Windu had spoken to him, telling him what the young Jedi could expect. He had postponed telling Qui-Gon what would be required of him, but he knew that he had to do so before the morrow. He turned his focus back on Master Gallia, who had placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. ?I will see you tomorrow, Master.? He bowed once again and made his way out of the classroom and back towards his quarters.

Adi Gallia watched Obi-Wan walk down the hall. Master Yoda had been right about the padawan; he was of pure light. A light that shone brightly in the force and could never be dimmed.

Obi-Wan entered his quarters to find his master reading one of his old novels. The leather cover was worn and faded, showing that it had been read many times. Qui-Gon had instilled a love of books into Obi-Wan and they often would spend hours, each reading their perspective books, until late into the night. ?Hello, Master,? Obi-Wan said as he greeted his master.

?Good afternoon, Padawan. How was your class with Master Gallia?? Qui-Gon inquired.

?Everything went very well. She was very complimentary, although I don?t think I am so deserving of her praise. I was merely trying to help, nothing else.?

?I don?t think she questions your sincerity. I?m sure that her compliment was well earned, Padawan.? Qui-Gon laid his book aside as he studied his apprentice. He could tell that there was obviously something on his mind. ?Obi-Wan? Are you all right??

?Yes Master.? Obi-Wan sighed as he sat down next to his master. ?I spoke with Master Windu earlier this week about my probation hearing.?

For some reason, Qui-Gon did not like the direction in which this conversation was heading. ?Really?? The elder Jedi asked, not sure of what else he should say.

?Yes sir. He was telling me about what would happen in the hearing. Evidently, there are a few of the council who do not believe that I have learned my lesson, so to speak. Some still think that I have been exposed to the dark side and want to make sure that I am not, before they deem my probation complete.? Obi-Wan?s eyes averted to his hands which were fidgeting with the folds of his robe.

Qui-Gon?s brow was furrowed in anger at the audacity of those who would think that his padawan was of anything but pure light and goodness. Obi-Wan represented what the Force truly was about and he would be damned before he allowed anyone to question the integrity of the young Jedi before him. ?So wh

11. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    "He did not realize that he was slowly dying; his life was being consumed bit by bit. What he had suffered so far, was nothing compared to the agony and pain to come."
    Isn't that usually the case? *sigh* Poor Obi. About to die and doesn't even know it. And all because he doesn't like going to the Healers (well, not the only reason I'm sure). I can't say I blame him though. I going to the doctors. I love this story though. Really ingenious plot. And that darn Healer better find a cure and fast...hehe, I loved Qui's "threat" to Mace. You gotta love the loyalty of a Master/Padawan bond.

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh this was juz... juz... awesome!!!

Oh how I loved this!!

Qui-Gon shook his head in disgust. ?He has more than redeemed himself for his transgressions. Why do you insist that he continue to repeatedly pay the price that is constantly being raised against him?? He turned to leave the council member?s room. Stopping at the doorway, Qui-Gon paused, not sparing a glance at Mace; his next words were quiet and menacing. ?If you all hurt him, I swear to you that I will personally see to it that every one of you suffer the consequences. There will be no question as to if I have succumbed to the dark side.?

?I don?t appreciate your threats, Qui-Gon Jinn,? Mace warned sternly.

?I wasn?t making a threat. I was just informing you of what would happen if my padawan was hurt by your inquisition.? Qui-Gon quickly left, leaving Mace to contemplate the seriousness of his words.

Tremble with fear Mace!! Cuz the Master is in the house!!

Hehehehe Loved that, you did totally great on that!! Oh man... I shudder to be in that healer's shoes once Qui gets the word that the transfusion has caused Obi's now current failing situation.

Great work jm2 totally!!! =D=

13. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Obi_Kenobi_Devotee: Thanks for reading--I really appreciate it. :)

Kynstar: Yep! Your beloved is prepared to deal with the council if necessary. I can see you cheering him on as you read! ;)

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    jm2 cheering him on? Girl I'll be at his side fighting with him! ;) hehehehe

[face_love] Ahhh a loving Master! Obi is sooooo lucky! :D

16. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Yay, what a relief: Qui being all loving toward Obi. ;) You're off to an awesome start, I totally can't wait for more, especially after that evil cliffie... Please post more soon!!!

17. captainjack

captainjack Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    :_| Waa!!! :_| Love the story, love the affection. (Note to Obi- stop trying to hide everything from your Master. It always, YES I MEAN ALWAYS, ends up affecting your health.)

18. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    PadawanJKitara: Kynstar will be very happy with this Qui-Gon! ;)

Kynstar: I figured you would be by his side.

KenobisGirl: Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it. The next post will be up sometime tomorrow.

captainjack: (Note to Obi- stop trying to hide everything from your Master. It always, YES I MEAN ALWAYS, ends up affecting your health.)
    It does seem that way, doesn't it. Thank you for reading.

Just a note to tell you that the next post should be up sometime tomorrow. Thank you for reading and for your patience.

19. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Oooh...I can't wait for when the boom hits and TiMar's left having to explain himself now on this one.

20. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Vampi_DigitalWytch: Yep! Especially when Qui-Gon gets ahold of him.[/b]

Here's the next post. Sorry for the delay, but the weather and real life has interfered with my writing this week! Hope you enjoy it!

Worry was evident in Qui-Gon?s eyes as he lifted Obi-Wan in his arms. Quickly making his way to the healer?s wing, he ignored the curious stares that he received in the hallways of the temple. The Jedi master was alarmed by the paleness that had crept over his padawan?s features. As Qui-Gon entered the healer?s wing, he came to the first examination room that was empty and gently lay Obi-Wan on the bed.

Master Healer Afina heard a commotion outside of her office. Stepping out, she noticed that Qui-Gon entering a room carrying an unconscious padawan. Even though she had officially gone off duty, she ran to the room they had just entered to see what the problem was. Afina had developed a fondness for the two Jedi over the past year and was concerned about the welfare of them both. As she entered the room, she was met by Qui-Gon who was apparently going to find help for his padawan. ?Qui-Gon? What?s going on?? Afina walked over to the bedside and looked down at the young man.

?I don?t know. One moment he was fine and talking; the next thing I know, he collapses into my arms.? Qui-Gon fought to maintain control over his voice that threatened to expose his fear.

Accessing the Force, Afina quickly assessed Obi-Wan?s condition. ?I don?t see any obvious reasons for Obi-Wan?s collapse. His body temperature is a little lower than normal. Has he complained about feeling ill??

?No, he hasn?t complained about anything. I tell you, something is not right,? Qui-Gon firmly stated.

?Let me call Master TinMar to join us. Perhaps between the two of us, we can find something.? Afina quickly left to find Master TinMar, hoping that they could provide the answers that Qui-Gon so desperately wanted.

Qui-Gon nodded as he turned his focus onto his padawan. A quiet moan came from Obi-Wan as his eyelids fluttered. He slowly opened his eyes to find the concerned face of his master staring down at him. ?Master? What happened??

The Jedi master smiled trying to reassure his padawan and himself. ?I think you were trying to get out of preparing the evening meal.?

Obi-Wan returned the smile as he saw through his master?s false bravado. ?If I were trying to do that, I certainly wouldn?t do anything to end up in the healer?s ward.?

Qui-Gon nodded in agreement and laughed. One of the many endearing things about Obi-Wan was his wicked sense of humor. ?Good point,? he replied. His expression turning serious once again, he studied the young Jedi for a moment. ?Actually, I was hoping that you could tell me what was going on. You collapsed and fortunately I caught you.?

?I don?t remember that. The last thing I remember is you coming home.? Obi-Wan knew that he should tell him about the problems that he had been having, but the sense of lingering guilt would not allow him to do so. The padawan could not move beyond the amount of pain that he had caused his master not so long ago. He had believed that he had once again betrayed his master when he had gotten involved with Master Namow; he vowed never to hurt Qui-Gon like that again. Obi-Wan determined in his heart that he would be the perfect padawan?a title that was becoming increasingly difficult to maintain.

?That is why you are here. Something is wrong with you or you wouldn?t have collapsed like that. You?re still very pale,? Qui-Gon said as he placed his arm gently on the young man?s shoulder.

?I?m sure that it is nothing, master. I really am feeling fine.? Obi-Wan?s protests were in vain as his master gave him the all too familiar look. It was the look he often received as a young padawan when he was about to be reprimanded. ?Really, master. I?m fine. It?s probably just stress.?

?It could be,? Qui-Gon consented. ?However, you aren?t leaving here until I am satisfied with the prognosis and tre

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Somebody needs to jack TinMar up, and really good too!

Poor Obi... he knows something is wrong but not what as well as Qui.

Qui keep your suspicions going, cuz they're true!! Let the Force guide you in finding TinMar out! ;)

Great work jm2!! :D

22. captainjack

captainjack Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    /*Ingnites saber, holds it to TinMar's neck.*

You'd better tell Qui what's going on, or I'll remove your head from your shoulders.

[face_skull]

*Curses under her breath to keep from crying*

On second thought, I might just slice you open anyway./

Great job! I only wish I could write half as good as you do. Heck, I just wish I could write, PERIOD.

Keep it up.

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  24. jedimommie2

May 3, 2004
    Kynstar: Don't worry, Qui-Gon will be watching TinMar very closely. Thank you for reading; I truly appreciate it.

captainjack: Thank you, what a nice thing to say. I didn't know if I could write but I tried it. I encourage you to do the same if you've got a plot bunny trying to bite you. Everyone around here is really supportive and helpful.

PadawanKitara: Am I being evil again? :D

I appreciate everyone reading this story. As soon as get another post done on my other stories, I will post on this one again. So there should be one up sometime this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

25. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Ohh, someone has to stop this so-called healer! Please! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.