main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Replaced (AU, J/J, Cem,) Post-DN; Jaina has to deal with being replaced *COMPLETE May 19*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Title: Replaced
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Cem Fel
    Timeframe: NJO: post-Swarm War
    Summary: Jaina Solo escapes from Vong captivity to discover a much different universe than she left behind.
    Note: Based on the fact that I sincerely disliked Jaina during the Dark Nest trilogy.

Prologue

She hurt. Her body felt like an elastic band, stretched and contorted until she wasn?t even sure which species she was. Her captor ? her tormenter ? smiled at her with the hollow and scared face of a Yuuzhan Vong. ?We have plans for you, jeedaaiii,? she hissed, the word slipping between her tattered lips.

Jaina didn?t answer. She closed her eyes, trying to ignore the inescapable pain. She had been captured after the Vong war was over. Feeling lost and confused in a galaxy that suddenly needed healers and not fighters, she had wandered from star system to star system. Randomly setting hyper-space coordinates. And then, loneliness pulling at her heart, she had set course for Imperial Space. From there, she had planned to find him.

She didn?t know what she would say when they met. She wanted to say ?I love you? and ?I missed you?, but those we weak words, weren?t they? He would probably not appreciate such sentiments. So she was faced with indecision: tell him how she felt and possibly get shot down, or just stay near him . . . She planned to find out what she would choose when she arrived.

She never did find out what she would have done. She never arrived.

Getting pulled from hyperspace into the midst of a small Vong task force, she had been outnumbered from the beginning. Skillful flying and Jedi tricks only took her so far. She was shot down, crashed on a barren moon, and was captured by the Vong.

A sharp slap across her face jolted her away from her memories. The Vong leered at her. ?Stay focused, jeedaaii!?

Her only saving grace was that she hadn?t been recognized. The Vong had not realized that she was Jaina Solo, Jedi twin and self-proclaimed ?Yun-Harla?. Not once during her two-week long stay in the Embrace of Pain, had she let her identity slip.

?May I present, Jaina Solo?? the Vong asked.

Jaina?s head jerked up. Had they recognized her? Her brandy brown eyes fell on the figure of a slender human woman several feet away from her. The woman was pretty, with long straight brown hair and big brown eyes. She was dressed in a khaki colored tunic and had a lightsaber attached to her belt. She looked vaguely familiar . . .

The woman smiled ? a sinister curl of lips. ?Hello, my dear, fellow Jedi.?

The Shaper cleared her throat. ?You?re precious Jaina Solo has joined us,? she said, gesturing toward the woman.

Jaina shook her head, confused. ?What are you talking about??

?I am Jaina Solo,? the woman said.

Abruptly, Jaina realized where she had seen the woman before ? in reflections from shiny surfaces and, occasionally, mirrors. ?Who are you?? she asked, voice tight. She bit back the desire to add, ?And why do you look like me.?

?Jaina Solo,? the woman said, rolling her eyes in exasperation. ?I?m only one of the most important Jed-eye?s in the galaxy.?

Jaina shook her head. ?No . . . you?re not.?

She smiled. ?I can prove it.?

Jaina didn?t believe her. But as the woman began her explanation, it began to become more and more clear that she knew everything about her.

?I am currently engaged in a physical relationship with Jagged Fel,? the woman said. ?We had sex over Ylesia . . . although you don?t know that, do you??

Jaina felt cold. She did know that, but no one else did. Except this woman.

?I wanted to tell him that I loved him . . . but doing it during sex felt cheap. Like I?d only be saying it because I felt good. Of course, I never did manage to let him know . . .?

The coldness in the pit of Jaina?s stomach expanded, moving through her spine. ?What?s going on? Who are you??

The woman smiled. ?Jaina Solo . . . but before that, I was a Yuuzhan Vong. She leaned forward, running her hand along

2. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great start! Who knows the havoc a Vong could create by pretending to be Jaina Solo. I look forward to seeing more.

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wow! Very intriguing! I love the idea behind this - more please?

oldj

4. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    i agree with olgj...very intriging...keep it up!

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    When I saw the title, I assumed Jaina was replaced as a pilot. I had no idea! :eek:

This is a fantastic idea and I am another who can't wait to see where you take this.

And if you decide to send PM's when you post chapters, feel free to add me to your list.

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Welcome to the club.

Huh. So I guess these are rogue Vong, not the ones who live on Zonoma Sekot. Or have the Vong already done away with Danni Quee? [face_worried]

Wait, is this another man? Because isn't Jag in the Ascendancy...?

[face_thinking]Too bad that most fanfic writers don't realize this.

Interesting. But it made me pause though...wouldn't the Vong know what their greatest enemy/goddess looked like? If I were a Vong, I'd have two statues of Jaina...one to worship and one to throw darts at.

This sentence comforted me on so many levels. The fact that Jaina did indeed look in some mirrors in her life tells me she cares a little about her outward appearance.

Hmmm....maybe this woman is the real Jaina. She sounds and acts a lot like her.

I will say one thing about Jag...he certainly gets a lot of action. But with those Fel looks, who can blame him?

It sounds like something she'd do though.

You know what would be hilarious? If this fake Jaina actually did make the galaxy a better place for everyone. We know Jaina wasn't doing a good job of it.

That is a good point. I think Luke might realize that his niece has disappeared from the Force.

I am having Hannibal the Cannibal flashbacks.

That's neat!!! Maybe next, this woman can drink some of Mara's blood and raise Ben.

*files away plot bunny*

Update soon?

7. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    awesome.. so thres going to be a vong posing as jaina running around? this should make a good story.

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Hmmm. Just a few points in general.

1. This Prologue happens directly after Destiny's Way. Everything else happens after the Swarm War. I suppose I should have been clearer on that.

2. If anyone wants me to PM them updates, let me know. I'd be happy to.

3. Cem and Jag won't show up for a few more chapters.

In about two hours. :D

9. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    Ooooo...Interesting.

Do you have a PM list? [face_batting]

~Rebel

10. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I'll be updating on Mondays and Thursdays.

This is the last bit of the prologe and the first chapter.

She lost Jacen first. Throughout the war with the Vong ? well, after Mykkr mission anyway ? she had been loosing their twin-bond. His presence was sketchy for her, and sometimes she didn?t even know if it was there at all. As a result, she wasn?t too concerned about losing the connection she had always had with him.

For all she knew, it was just Jacen shutting himself off from her again.

But slowly, it became apparent that it was more than that. Her bond with the Force was slipping. Little by little, she could feel its presence diminishing in her. And eventually, it faded altogether and she was left sobbing in the Embrace of Pain.

It was like being blind and deaf at once. It was like having all sensation in your body torn away so you could feel. It was like being unable to smell. For Jaina, who had always known the Force, it was like dying.

The Vong Shaper ? Ses Yee ? seemed to particularly enjoy tormenting her. For hours she would stand, enticing the Embrace to spread fiery pain through ever limb of Jaina?s body.

It was her sanity, Ses Yee had confided, that she wanted to destroy.

Out of pure stubbornness, Jaina was resisting. But without the Force to support her, reality was starting to feel arbitrary ? bound by no rules and grounded only in its seeming decent into chaos.

She tried to reason that non-Jedi, people who weren?t Force sensitive, had survived metal breakings before. Most of the time that seemed impossible for her.

Her only comfort was the memory of him. His green eyes and grim manner. His black flight suit with the red piping. His short dark hair, complete with the white locks framing his distinguishing scar. Jagged Fel.

Now she knew she loved him, and if she had just one chance to speak with anyone in the galaxy ? to tell one person one thing ? it would be him. And she?d tell him how she felt. To hell with what he would say, how he would react.

But she couldn?t escape. For what felt like eternity, she remained trapped in Vong space. She didn?t break and Ses Yee grew bored with her. She was passed from Shaper to Shaper. From planet to planet. And somehow, along the way, they stopped caring who she was.

The galaxy was changing.

The last Shaper she was sent to hardly seemed like the Vong Jaina remembered at all. And he was the one who grew careless enough to let her escape.

She stole a coralskipper and made the jump for known space.

Chapter One

Upon escaping, Jaina?s first priority was to expose the Vong-impersonator. This proved to be more difficult that she could have ever imagined.

She?d located her father ? quite by accident ? almost as soon as she was had landed on Delta, a small refugee world along the Outer Rim. She had landed her stolen coralskipper several klicks from the main town and had worked her way through the forested setting.

Spotting him, relief and joy had coursed through her weary frame. She?d weaved

It was mindless. She pushed through the milling crowd of still-lost and nearly hopeless people in the main street of Delta City ? which was little more than a crowed refugee haven. Her eyes swept constantly through the sky, looking for the slightest sign of Vong pursuit, and instead fell upon a familiar disk shaped freighter.

?Dad . . .? she whispered. Suddenly filled with hope, she redoubled her efforts to navigate the crowd and get to the spaceport. Once there, she spent the next eight hours trying to make sense of the chaotic settings.

The Delta landing field wasn?t built like anything she had ever experienced before. There were landing pads strewn about with twisting walkways, sideways turbolifts, and narrow ladders stretching off in every direction. Far from seeming like intelligent life had designed it, it felt more like a wandering nerf had meandered along in a circular, random pattern, and they had built the walkways and passages along where it had traveled.

11. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    poor jaina.. i would hate to see what happens when she meets up with jag..

12. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    I love this, Kissa! So creative!

Could you please add me to your PM list? I'd appreciate it!

*Waiting for more*

oldj

13. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    add me too!

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Kissa, an amazing start.=D= Would love to be added onto the PM list. [face_batting]

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey, I thought I'd voice my support for this fan fic.
    Hopefully this will be a novel length work?
    Q: Are the Joiner Jaina and Joiner Zekk with her (their) parents right now?
    Can't wait till Thursday

Mu

16. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    No, they're not with her parents right now. But you will be seeing them soon. And I plan on making this a novel length work.

17. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    I plan on making this a novel length work.

Yay!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

oldj

18. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    wow!! really cool!!!! great job so far!!

19. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Chapter Two

Jaina woke up to the curious stare of a complete stranger. She blinked slowly, orientating on the flame haired nine year old boy. ?Who are you?? she asked, although it came out more like, ?Whooorou??

The young boy stepped closer to her bed, clearly as curious about her as she was bout him. ?Ben Skywalker,? he replied evenly. He glanced over her at someone else, and Jaina turned, careening her neck see who else was in the room.

Sitting in a chair several feet away was a strange, tall bearded man. He had steepled his fingers and was watching her with wry amusement. It took several seconds before his face clicked into pure focus. ?Jacen?? she mumbled incredulously.

He nodded his head.

?You look . . .? her words trailed off, and she really studied him. His eyes had gained a haunted look after his time in Vong captivity, and it hadn?t gone away during the years after the fighting ended. If anything, the memory of his past seemed to weigh more heavily on him then ever before. ?You look worried.? And old beyond your years, she thought silently.

He gave her a tight lipped smile. ?Is that so??

Jaina came to a sitting position, still staring at her twin brother like she had never seen him before. ?What?s wrong? What happened?? Mentally, she reached out for their link, forgetting that it wasn?t there. Almost automatically, she tried to feel him through the Force moments later. Both attempts were met with failure.

She looked down at her hands, eyeing a few of the physical scars that she would bear for the rest of her life. Her throat constricted and tears threatened to spill down her cheeks again. They were nothing compared to this feeling of loss. And even worse than loosing her connection to the Force was suffering through an attack by her father and mother.

?So who are you?? Ben asked loudly.

Jaina?s mouth moved, but no words came out. She looked toward Jacen, hoping that he would tell their young cousin that she was his sister. There was no way that he would fail to recognize her. Was there? She thought about her parents, and wasn?t sure.

He cleared his throat as the silence lengthened. ?That?s a good question, Ben.? He looked at Jaina with his haunted eyes. ?Are you going to answer him??

She fought back the urge to scream and cry. She had never been this emotionally charged before. ?I?m Jaina Solo! I?m your twin!?

?So you claim.?

His words hurt.

?I want to talk with Master Skywalker,? she said slowly. ?I ??

Before she could finish her sentence, the door swooshed open and the blue eyed, sandy haired Jedi master strolled in. He had changed almost as much as Jacen had: his face was more haggard and there was less bounce to his step then she had seen - even during the worst parts of the Vong war. It was as if he was carrying the entire universe on his shoulders.

And yet, as he started to speak, he was just like she remembered him, his words soft and soothing. ?Good morning.?

?Tell me that you recognize me,? Jaina pleaded, refusing to be calmed by the reasonable tones in his voice. If anyone was going to recognize her, she was willing to bet that it would be Master Luke Skywalker . . . and, hopefully, Jag.

?You look . . .? Luke paused, ?Like Jaina Solo.?

Something in his phrasing killed the last visages of hope in her body. She slumped forward, neglecting to hold back her tears.

Luke put a hand on her shoulder. ?It?s all right.? He petted her back until her sobs resided, and then waited a few more moments before making his request. ?Tell me what happened to you.?

The odds were that he would never believe her story, but as a Corellian, she wasn?t supposed to have much use for the odds. She told him her story, starting with her capture and ending with the present.

Luke listened to everything in silence and then nodded his head, as if he was enlightened. ?I think I know what happened to you.?

Jaina blinked. ?I just told you what happened to me.?

Luke motioned that she should let him continue. ?A

20. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    He patted her leg. ?If you want to call yourself my sister, I won?t object. I?ll call you Jay.?

?I will too,? Ben piped up. ?And you can pretend to be my cousin.?

great post kissa! that's almost worst then them not beliveing it's you!...(tear tear)

21. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    This is an amazing story and I can't wait for more. =D=

The uncertainty that everyone feels towards Jaina is apparent. My heart goes out to her though...having her parents referred to her as Leia and Han. Not "Mom" and "Dad". She is just as confused as they are.

This can only get worse...until the light hopefully shines through.

I'm really excited about story! :D

22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Great Update.
    I think I'm hooked.
    Monday's a long way away...

23. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    This is totally awesome, could i please be added to the PM list? Pwetty pwease with a cherry on top? :D

Cant wait until monday...

~Sam

24. skywalkerlover00

May 7, 2005
    that was awesome, kissa. when is jag going to come into the story?

25. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Omigosh, Kissa, this is so ... painful! What a story!

Wonderfully told...

oldj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.