main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Replaced (AU, J/J, Cem,) Post-DN; Jaina has to deal with being replaced *COMPLETE May 19*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Did you model Zekk on real life stalkers? It's very convincing :D

The Writing Force is indeed, strong with you, Kissa :D

2. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    adult conspiracy? hehe

loved the evil zekk writing

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    :eek: Ok, is there a record for most cliffies in a row? If so, you must've broken it ;)

Amazing, amazing job. I could really feel Zekk's hatred and jaina's drive. You write emotions wonderfully.

I still in shock that he cut off her hand. That was very surprising.

Come on, we need Cem to come to her rescue and have her fall madly in love with him... alright, alright. I'll settle for the first part at least. :p

Nice job. Keep up the good work!

4. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Please let Shawnkyr or Cem show up and shoot the hell outta Zekk. He's just gone crazy...psycho crazy. Wonderful post though...and at least we know Jag is alive, albeit in pain...poor thing. I think we need some saving, and then some mush. :D

Wonderful postie :D

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005

Come on Jaina come up with something.
    Great update.

6. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Hurry up Cem!!!!

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: She has lost a limb? :_| Poor Jaina. I'm so sorry.

Jacen, wherever you are, now would be the time to show up. *draws Blaster and goes hunting for Jacen*

=D= Wow, another phantasic update! Can't wait for more!

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Handmaiden_Azul

Ooh, Zekk is seroiusly gone off the deep end! I almost feel sorry for him, almost! You can't let jag die!

Can?t or won?t?

Kidan

Beautiful post...

Why thank-you. [:D]

and so nice to see that Jaina does have the Force again...

Originally she wasn?t going to get it back because I wanted to prove that people without the Force could accomplish things just as well as those who had it. But when Khay Don died the moment seemed right, so she got it back after all.

now I wonder who's going to rescue her at the last moment? Cem? Since she received that nifty message through the Force, and he's the only force sensitive on planet besides the two going at it, or Jag just because he's there....

Well . . . the message was from Jacen and he?s millions of miles away . . .

hmmm....

Yes. Keep wondering. All will be clear shortly.;)

anyways, great post as usual!

You?re too kind. [face_blush]

oldj

Great writing! I enjoyed this battle a lot.

Thanks. That really, really means a lot. [face_halo]

Zekk is soooo messed up.

[face_devil]Yes he is.

Nice SW moment when he cut Jaina's wrist.

What can I say? I?m a sucker for destiny.:p

Notice a trend: Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Jaina Solo . . .

*Settling in to wait for the next installment*

I hope you enjoy it. :)

Lola

Cem needs to take out the madman. He's going to rush in, right? Or is he off with Shawnkyr making a new crack ship?

Actually my Crack Ship! Is Lando and Lujayne Forge.

Anyway, this was edge of the seat stuff and I loved it. I can almost sympathize with whacked out Zekk. After all, he only wants the woman he loves to return his feelings.

Sympathy is good, but remember who the heroes are.;)

And she can't, ever.

If Cem doesn?t have a chance, Zekk doesn?t have a prayer.

This was a great update. I truly enjoyed every second.

Thanks Lola. [:D]

Spike2002

Too intoxicated to properly review. Will do 2moro when I'm sober

Sounds good to me. :)

No doubt it was of the highest quality

Thanks for the compliment.

Did you model Zekk on real life stalkers? It's very convincing

Well, since you mention it, I have taken a course on Women?s Self-defense and they talked about stalkers and how they behave . . .

The Writing Force is indeed, strong with you, Kissa
    Oooh! I think that?s probably close to the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.:D

Miranda82

Zekk just cut Jaina's hand off...ow...

I know.

I wonder if Jacen's on planet, well, since he heard her plea and all, yeah.

Actually he?s on Hapes. He just sensed she was in trouble via twin bond. ;)

Btw, don't worry, I don't really get what I just wrote either.

That happens sometimes. [face_plain]

padawanlost

One thing that Star Wars teaches us is that those who cut off people's hands have something worse coming to them.

I?d never thought about it that way, but it?s true. :D

[Poor Jaina

Yes. She is having a rough time, isn?t she?

If only Jag would shoot him in the face while he's gloating over Jaina, then they can go home and recover.

[face_laugh]Now that would be funny . . .

jasa

adult conspiracy? hehe

To give credit properly. I first read about that in . . . well . . . actually I forgot the name of the author, but the concept came from the Xanth books.

loved the evil zekk writing

Thanks[face_love]

princess_melissa

Ok, is there a record for most cliffies in a row? If so, you must've broken it

Actually, the next chapter ends in a cliffhanger too . . . [face_devl]

Amazing, amazing job. I could really feel Zekk's hatred and jaina's drive. You write emotions w

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, since you mention it, I have taken a course on Women?s Self-defense and they talked about stalkers and how they behave . . .

*is now worried whether or not I'm behaving like a stalker* ;)

Oooh! I think that?s probably close to the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. :D

Well, I am the type to compliment a special lady on her abilities ;)

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonerful!!!!

I really don't like Zekk...:mad:

I hope Jacen and/or Cem get there soon...[face_worried]

Great work as always...Can't wait till the next post.

FL @};-

11. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Flowerlady

Wonerful!!!!

I really don't like Zekk...

I hope Jacen and/or Cem get there soon...

Great work as always...Can't wait till the next post.

Thanks.[:D]

Spike2002

*is now worried whether or not I'm behaving like a stalker*

You're good. ;)

Well, I am the type to compliment a special lady on her abilities

That makes me happy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter thirty-one

?You selfish twisted brat!?

Even through the shock permeating her lost hand, Jaina recognized the voice. She focused her eyes on the speaker, taking in his baby blue orbs which were narrowed in rage, and his silken blond locks which had a few twigs sticking out of them.

Cem.

Then he was by her side, silver lightsaber catching Zekk?s and twisting the blade into the air and away from her. ?She doesn?t love you.? His voice was harsh with distaste and fury.

?Well she should!? Zekk spat. ?And if she doesn?t ??

?You don?t deserve her love,? Cem answered, his voice getting colder and more arrogant than Jaina had ever heard before.

?I suppose you think you do,? Zekk shot back. ?I saw the way you were looking at her. I saw the look. It?s just too bad that you didn?t die when I poisoned you.?

His words tore through Jaina?s shock and she struggled to a sitting position, cradling the stump of her right arm to her chest. ?You hurt Cem??

?Jaina,? Cem said, using the Force to hold Zekk?s mouth shut. ?Check Jag.?

Zekk broke the hold on his mouth. ?Kirfing Spy,? he spat. ?You think your six months of training will be enough to beat me? I?ll kill you first.? He sprang forward, using the Force to give him both speed and height.

Cem rotated his neck, stepping to the side and lightly parrying the attack. ?Who says I only had six months training?? he asked rhetorically. ?I was raised according to Chiss standards; I?ve been fighting since I was born.?

Zekk?s mouth adopted a twisted smile. ?I was orphaned and grew up in the streets of Coruscant. I had a knack for finding things: food, spare parts, danger ?? With each word he thrust his blade toward Cem. ?I?m good at finding things, including love and openings.?

Jaina seen the opening that Zekk was talking about even as his attack snacked toward the gap in Cem?s defense. ?Watch out!? she screamed, but the blond was already twisting away.

?Jag needs you,? he said coolly. ?It would really suck if we came all the way out here only to not save him.? He began his own attack sequence, movements quick and confident. ?As for you, you?ve never found love; you found an obsession.?

?You?re the one who?s obsessed with Jaina,? Zekk snapped. ?I love her and deep down she loves me.?

?Listen to yourself,? Cem said, shaking his head slightly. ?One moment you love her and she loves you. The next you?re threatening to kill her because she doesn?t love you. So which is it??

?She loves me.?

?Sure,? Cem answered cockily. He spun his lightsaber lazily in his hand and then struck. Jaina forced herself to look away from the fight. She crawled over to Jag, moving his hands from his stomach.

The bacta patch hadn?t sealed properly since he had torn it free of the first injury. And the precious healing liquid it had been soaked in was mostly glistening on his blaster shot side. She reached out with the Force, letting tendrils of the life-connecting energy coil through his body.

His breathing was shallow, and his pulse was thready and weak. She could feel life leaving his body with the slow trickle of blood. Hold on, she thought. She gathered strands of her own vitality, gently pushing them into his body.

She had never managed a successful healing trance before. Aunt Mara had been working on teaching her that particular Force-skill before the Vong had arrived. Once they had come it hadn?t been necessary ? or more truthfully ? there hadn?t been the time.

So now she was

12. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    w00t first

Wow I'm glad that whole jungle fighting mess has come to a conclusion. And go Cem...stabbing Zekk like that. I thought his words went perfectly...it was a beautifully written scene. :) I really like that line from Cem about how he's been fighting since birth.

Now I guess it's left for Jag to save Jaina from the Chiss. Alas.

KUDOS!!

13. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    great and wonderful as always Kissa!

and of course Shawnkyr would shoot her, but at least there's the dead Jaina there to convincer her this time...

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good Post
    Thanks for the PM

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    He brought the blade up at an angle without pulling it out. Then he reversed the motion, cleanly cutting Zekk?s head off. ?Love hurts but you never felt it. You wanted to posses her . . .? He switched his saber off, turning to Jaina. ?But Jaina Solo is not an object. She?s a living, breathing, and loving human. And she gave herself to another.?

I'd like to buy that boy a beer. He deserves it. :D

Thanks for killing Zekk, Kissa :*

16. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Figures.

17. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Well, though still a cliffie, it wasn't nearly as bad as some of them.

Excelent conclusion to the battle. I'm glad Cem came to the rescue and finished off Zekk. He knows exactally how to act when you love someone and they love another. Very nice job with that whole scene.

Shawnkyr, what are we going to do with you?

Keep it up. I can't wait for more. How far are we from the end? as much as I hate to think about it, it seems like we're getting kinda close.

18. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Kissa, every time you solve one problem you raise another! How the heck are they going to convince Shawnkyr to stop shooting Jaina? o_O

Super post, yet again! You have a talent for writing emotional battles. Definitely.

You also have a talent for leaving your readers wishing they could turn the page and read the rest of your story!!

*Waiting*

oldj

19. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    still doing great. (i am never good at these reply things)

20. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I just knew Cem would come to the rescue....Yay...

But poor Cem...I feel so bad for him...You know he and I could always...[face_love] [face_laugh]

Anywho, that was great...Wonderful...Loved every minute of it...[:D]

Can't wait for more...

FL @};-

21. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?What?s it with you Skywalker decedents and losing arms?? he asked lightly. Jaina almost smiled, but instead she titled her head to the side.

I loved that. Who says the Fel boys don't have senses of humor?

Please don't make Kyrn jealous of Jaina like Zekk was of Jag... ok well if you must. But at least let Jaina get a new hand before she has to defend herself.

I hope the body of our replacement Jaina helps clear things up with the Chiss. That might be too practical for them though.

22. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    This was a great update. The whole story is so great. :)
    I felt sorry for Khay Don, when she died, but not for Zekk. I'm glad he died, it was time for him. And Cem came just in time, but now he will have a lot to explain I guess.
    I hope they won't torture Jaina or something like that. She deserves happiness, now it's all over, all the bad guys are dead. So it's only the Chiss, I think, but I don't think you will make it so easy for her?

23. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow great post Kissa you've got me on the edge of my seat i hope you post more soon!

24. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    It happens now and again in SW.
    [face_laugh] Now and again? ;)

?You selfish twisted brat!?

Even through the shock permeating her lost hand, Jaina recognized the voice. She focused her eyes on the speaker, taking in his baby blue orbs which were narrowed in rage, and his silken blond locks which had a few twigs sticking out of them.

Cem.

=D= Yay! Cem, I love you.

?Listen to yourself,? Cem said, shaking his head slightly. ?One moment you love her and she loves you. The next you?re threatening to kill her because she doesn?t love you. So which is it??
    Cem is right. That isn't love.

?She loves me.?

?Sure,? Cem answered cockily.

[face_laugh] I like Cem even more now. :)

You deserve happiness, Jaya. I?ll give you everything I have. Take care of Allana . . . and kiss Tenel Ka for me.

Anakin!
    :_| That line made me so sad. And what a great similarity between Jacen and Anakin here.

Kiss her yourself, Jacen.
    Yes, yes, yes! I agree with Jaina, though it really moves me to tears to see how Jacen cares for his sis.

Then, with the Force, Cem jerked the lightsaber from Zekk?s hand, cleaving it in two. ?If you loved her, you?d let her go,? he said, voice thick with emotional anguish. ?If you loved her, you would do anything to help her.? His saber-tip plunged into Zekk?s chest, angling toward his heart. ?If you loved her, you would not be able to hurt her.?

He brought the blade up at an angle without pulling it out. Then he reversed the motion, cleanly cutting Zekk?s head off. ?Love hurts but you never felt it. You wanted to posses her . . .? He switched his saber off, turning to Jaina. ?But Jaina Solo is not an object. She?s a living, breathing, and loving human. And she gave herself to another.?

Cem is so right again, though I still feel sorry for his unanswered love.

?What?s it with you Skywalker decedents and losing arms?? he asked lightly.
    [face_laugh] Yeah, they all lose a few arms "now and again"... :D

Then the shuttle landed and several military clad Chiss rushed down the landing ramp. Leading them was the tall and angular Shawnkyr. She spotted Jaina and raised her blaster rifle. ?You won?t escape this time,? the alien warned, pulling the trigger.

Oh, Kyrn! Not now! [face_shame_on_you]

[:D] Loved this update! It's phantastic!

25. Sentenal

Sentenal Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2006
    Hey Kissa, this is Sentenal. before i get to my comment, i'd first like to say thank you for your pro's and con's on my short story. i went back i revised it, hopefully i did it the right way this time. i was kind of skeptical of the atory at first, but wow i'm glad i clicked it on. Now i can't wait for the next segment, thanks for a great story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.