main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Replica Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by James T Kirk, Dec 24, 2016.

1. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    Looking to begin my lightsaber collection (metal hilt with blades); not custom sabers, just film replicas; any recommendations on who makes the best? And what makes them superior to the competitors?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Moved thread from SWC to Collecting. Hopefully you can get the answers you seek.

James T Kirk likes this.
  3. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you!

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. :)

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Personally I own 3 Master Replica Force FX sabers; Anakin (ROTS) Vader (ESB) and Luke (ROTJ) and they have never disappointed me.

They will definitely be pricey, I spent close to $300 on each years ago, but you can find them unboxed and used lightly pretty cheap on sites like ebay. They take anywhere from 6-8 AA batteries, and they drain them quick, but it's worth it. They are durable (I have lightly dueled with each), authentic, and visually appealing. Depending on the saber you get, they can appear as real lightsabers in most pictures.

I know they've switched lines since the PT, I think Sideshow has taken over for the newer models but now 100% sure. But, can't stress it enough, if you're willing to spend the money they are true collectibles and makes the kid in you squeal. I'm currently searching for an AOTC Anakin saber, even knowing as it being the first Force FX saber it will have flaws because of my need to complete the collection.

As far as I know they have all major characters, including some TCW and EU faves.

James T Kirk likes this.
  6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I have to agree with Sublime ^^, the Master Replica Force FX sabers are the best so far (at least in my opinion). They're well detailed (at least the later generations), durable and pretty darn cool. They aren't cheap though.

James T Kirk likes this.