main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Reply option not working? (IE 11 Issue)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bib Fartuna, Oct 18, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 9 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Computers at my job site have all three browsers and I'm always encouraging people to stay the hell away from IE.

My desktop has Windows 7 and Chrome and I've had no issues.

2. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I've primarily used Chrome to browse the JC and have never had any issues. I had several with Safari though so I don't really use it for the JC.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 7

Oct 13, 2003
    It just started doing this to me a few weeks ago, which is odd, since I didn't even upgrade my IE.

4. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    You may have it set to update automatically. You might want to check you version.

5. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    I just tried the suggestion and it worked. Thank you again

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2014
    My problem is, I would gladly change my browser but I am on my moms Computer and the last time we downloaded Google chrome we had a nasty virus on our computer and had to buy a new computer. So all my mom will let me Download is Bing, does anyone know if Bing works?

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Bing is not a browser, it's a search engine. Also, I highly doubt that Chrome itself was the source of that virus.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I just had this same issue since my laptop "forced" me to upgrade to Window 8.1. Glad to find out there was an easy solution.

9. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I came into this forum with the intention of posting a thread for THIS issue, and then found this thread. I tried the Xenfro suggestion and it worked! But it does squish the upper tool bar with your profile, alerts, etc.

Just got a new laptop (Black Friday...), Windows 8.1.

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    You could try a different browser but recent releases of Firefox have their own issue (and thread here in Comms).