main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Report from Indianapolis

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by KnnOs, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    It'd stopped raining in the city near no major body of water. There'd been a hard rain the day before. Lots of flooding south of us. At 5:45 p.m. my friend Nathan came over carrying my hooded cape. I put that over the graduation robe from Holy Cross and I looked like some sort of sith Choir Boy. Sigh. At least my lightsaber looked cool.
    We drove up to the north side of town, about a 45 minute drive. On arrival at my friend David's house we entered, greeted by him, and our friends Tim SanFillippo (sp) and Kevin Murphy. We proceeded inside where my senior prom date, David's sister Whitney, awaited us. We watched the Simpsons as we waited for pizza and the rest of our party. Missy Davis, Kevin's friend, and our high school friend Michael Bricker showed up. Michael is the sort who does not beleive in Star Wars and he was slightly embarrassed to be going out with all the rest of us, because five of us had dressed up. We ate our pizza rapidly and instead of watching Ep I as planned we went straight to the line up.
    It was thankfully short, maybe twenty people in total when we arrived. We did not look forawrd to sitting in that line bored the entire time. Another group of fans had been wise enough to bring Risk, so I, Nathan (who had never played before) and Tim sat down with these gentlemen to play. Two turns after we had set everything up they told us they were going to let us in the theater in five minutes, which was 9:00. We closed up the game and went inside.
    This was a Kerasotes theater, and unlike the one up near you guys, I could come dressed up WITH my lightsaber. I took off my robe because I was hot which left me in shorts and my "Don't talk to me when I'm taking to myself" shirt. Tim went to a gas station and bought 11 dollars worth of candy. At T-minus two hours, we stood up in front of the screen, and got everyone's attention. Then we began asking trivia questions and handing out candy bars for right answers. Tim was asking questions like "What number Battle Droid did Jar Jar knock over at the end of the battle of naboo?" and I was asking "What is Wes Janson's native planet?" (Answers: 1138 and Tanaab). Almost everyone hated my questions, but we were giving out candy too fast, so I turned things around. The audience would ask ME questions, and if they stumped me they got a candy bar. We gave them out a lot slower after that.
    We did such a good job in our theater that a visitor from the other theatre asked me to go over there and liven them up because the room was a tomb. There were even fewer people there able to stump me, except one guy who asked all these niggling bounty hunter questions. Can you beleive I mixed up the order of Boba Fett's lines in ESB? grrr.
    By that time I went back, gave our theatre a demonstration of saber fighting with Nathan (he has a saber like mine, newer design means a lot less cracking and breaking. Not perfect but always a little better.) We did a few combos until some bozo shouted "FASTER" So we really kicked it into high gear. I almost took Nate's head off. There were soem people fighting with toy sabers and they seemed disdainful of mine, something about it, and me, being dangerous. Of all the nerve. My saber had a lot of admirers though. Finally it was 12:03, two minutes late, and the movie started.

the rest, as they say, is history.

2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Bravo for the report sir Knnos. I shall submit it to the council for review. Did you explain the Palleon factor to the crowd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.