main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends ##Reporters: At Work ## (JA, Obi-Wan and Siri, Humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiriGallia, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    HEY! She's back and she's writing...humor again. ;D Don't worry, I'll come back next time with an entirely humorless story for y'all :D

Hope you enjoy this one!

Title: Reporters: At Work

Rating: G

Central Characters: Obi-Wan and Siri

Genre: Humor

Summery: Obi-Wan and Siri are given the job of writing an article about a senetor for a newspaper on Coruscant, little do they know that this simple task will lead them into the middle of a sinister plot

####

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Siri walked on opposite sides of the group heading for the Jedi Council. Adi Gallia was next to Siri and Qui-Gon Jinn was next to her and Obi-Wan was at the other end. No one knew why the Council had summoned the four of them, and Obi-Wan just hoped it wasn't another double mission. He liked Siri and they were friends, but as Adi had put it once, "They are both determined, and they both try to be right; it's a bad combination." to his credit it was Obi-Wan who usually gave Siri her way, but that didn't mean that they didn't get into constant arguments. When they entered the council chamber Obi-Wan quickly tried to gauge the emotions. They weren't that much different than normal all though they all had a slight abnormal sense of...amusement. Obi-Wan thought worriedly that it might be a double mission. Siri was twitching slightly and Obi-Wan wondered if she had picked up on the amused sense to the Jedi Council Members.

"I suppose we'll get right to the point." Mace Windu began. "The Center of the Universe news has a paper of sorts and they have an annual request that the Jedi have two apprentices do an interview with a Senator for their paper. This year we picked your apprentices, Obi-Wan and Siri." Both apprentices struggled to keep from gaping at the completely serious council.

"W-when is the deadline?" Siri asked, trying to think of something to say.

"You must have it done in two weeks." Mace informed them. "This will give you time to travel around and get some interviews with the people who know the Senator you choose." He smiled waiting for more questions. There were none so he added. "The Masters must not assist their Padawans in this, I'm afraid you two are on your own and whatever you figure out is just between the two of you, but we are confident you will do well together." Obi-Wan frowned, just where had council been the past three years? "You are dismissed." Mace finished. The four Jedi walked out. They were three steps down the corridor when the talking began.

"No!" Siri protested. "We can't do this, we'll end up killing eachother trying to cooperate!"

Obi-Wan nodded, "When it's dire Siri and I can kind of coordinate, but otherwise we are always getting on each others nerves."

Adi smiled at Qui-Gon. "Well I'll talk with Qui-Gon about it." They paused. "What do you think?"

"I think they'll do fine." Qui-Gon replied.

"I do as well," Adi agreed instantly. "It will be good practice for you anyway. You two need to learn to get along and this is a good opportunity. Siri shook her head.

"This isn't a very good idea."

####

Post again soon! ;)

2. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    we'll end up killing each other trying to cooperate LOL

3. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    sounds like it is going to be good keepup the good work
    mad4dos

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

I think the problem is that they are too alike I like the comment about 'where had the Jedi council been for three years' that was great!!!!

5. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    *laughs* Thank you everyone!

Yeah, I think they are a little too much alike, however in an argument, Obi-Wan tends to be more likely to give Siri her way ;)

The two apprentices sat in the library pouring through books of Senators.

"I think we should do Senator Galashod." Siri said finally. "He's got some interesting background and he would be an easy one to do, he's usually on Corascant."

"I would rather do Senator Sondo Bar Cahn." Obi-Wan spoke up.

"Well I wouldn't." Siri shot back. "He's boring and those eyes give me the creeps."

"Girl," Obi-Wan muttered.

"Boy," Siri retorted.

"What does that mean?" Obi-Wan asked.

"It means that only a boy would really care." Siri replied. "You want to interview someone that's going to look neat." Obi-Wan shook his head.

"Fine Siri, if it means that much to you, let's just do Galashod."

"Okay," She smiled. "Where do we start?"

"I think we should start by interviewing him and getting his picture." Obi-Wan said. "Do you want to ask the questions or do the picture?"

"I'll do the questions on this one, but you can do the next person."

"Sounds good." Obi-Wan nodded.

"What should we ask him?" Was Siri's next question.

"How about just the basics for starters, where he lives, when he was appointed Senator, his goals and so forth."

"This is so boring." Siri sighed. "I could ask you questions like that and wouldn't get answers that are any more interesting."

"We could always ask him what his favorite color is." Obi-Wan grinned. "I'll bet no one knows that." Siri glared at him.

"Or cares."

6. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Yep this is going to be intresting
    Great post!

7. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    This is cool, I love obi/siri

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thank you SO much! :D Sorry this is a bit late:

Senator Galashod didn't seem very happy to see the two pristinely dressed reporters come into his office. Siri had strongly objected to having to wear what she called 'stiff reporter cloths' but in the end the manager of the Center of the Universe paper won out and Siri was wearing a business-like outfit with her short hair curled into a bob, and Obi-Wan was dressed in a similar fashion.

"So you are the reporters from the Center of the Universe?" Galashod asked sitting down at his desk and motioning them to do the same.

"Yes we are." Siri nodded. "I am Siri and this is my assistant Obi-Wan Kenobi." Obi-Wan tried to swallow an annoyed remark at her referring to him as 'assistant'. "We have some questions we would like to ask you."

Siri flicked on the recorder and dove into the questions asking all the droll questions that she and Obi-Wan had contrived the night before. He lived on the planet Raqueen, he was trying to convince the Senate to contribute funds to the Raqueen weapons distribution, and on and on until Siri was starting to fall asleep and Obi-Wan was ready to. Finally Siri asked the only interesting question on this list.

"Senator, what are your feelings about Chancellor Valorum, do you think he is a good leader?"

"Quite frankly Miss Siri, I don't think anything of his leadership and I think that when they convene for that debate that Jensarik should find anyway to oust him from his office." Siri cocked an eyebrow.

"Debate?"

"Yes debate, Senator Jensarik is Valorum's arch enemy, his rival, I wouldn't be surprised if Jensarik were to kill Valorum just out of spite!" Siri scribbled on her flimsy.

"What is the debate about." She asked.

"What is it about?" Galashod exclaimed. "It's about anything and everything that Jensarik could possibly find to oust Valorum from office."

"You mean like charges against him?" Siri asked astounded at these news.

"Something to that affect yes, but not so blatantly, Jensarik would be much more guarded than that, but in the essential manner, yes charges against him."

"Well, thank you for the interview." Siri smiled. "It was all very helpful." Obi-Wan got the holo pic and then the two apprentices left. "I wonder if all reporters get this sort of stuff in advance." Siri mused.

"Perhaps, he was being kind of forward, don't you think?" Obi-Wan asked shouldering his pack which contained the holo cam."

"I suppose, maybe." Siri nodded. "But Senators tend to be as forward as they want."

"Well, where to next?" Obi-Wan asked.

"How should I know?" Siri was incredulous.

"You seem to be the master of this operation, I just assumed you knew." Siri blushed, obviously some admonishing about that subject had been the topic of conversation between Adi and Siri.

"I'm sorry Obi-Wan, I should be letting you help, I guess I've been giving you the lesser of the jobs, and this is your job too."

"Yeah, but I don't much care for the whole reporter job, remind me not to be one when I grow up."

Siri looked shocked. "When are you planning to do that?"

Obi-Wan elbowed her with a grin,"Be nice."

9. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Nice posts, i've only just got round to reading them 'cause i've got tons to do.
    UP

10. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thank you Shadow! :D

Raqueen was wanting several things. One thing was streets, another was buildings that weren't either huts or looking to be on the verge of toppling, and civilization. Obi-Wan commented to Siri that if he had to pick one planet that was most likely to not be a part of the Republic, he would have guessed it to be Raqueen. Siri shrugged.

"Well, it's homey."

"Yeah, right." Obi-Wan nodded. Raqueen was known for one thing, and that was it's weapons manufacturing. It was a slight shock when they saw the factories, everything around them was so primitive that the big stone buildings were a sharp contrast. Obi-Wan was trying to think of who to talk to. He stretched out with the Force. "These people should be avoided at all costs." He said conversationally. Siri glared at him.

"Yes, I can see getting interviews here will be one joy ride." Obi-Wan glanced down the alleyways that ran in-between the motley huts. Trash and garbage were strewn down the alleyways and he could see people just dumping it onto the streets. "How is it that a Senator managed to come out of this mess?" Siri wanted to know. They continued down the dirt paths, dodging people running past them. The civilians were humanoid and dark, they had menacing eyes and black hair that swung freely. What made them humanoid was the strange stripes that ran vertically down their bodies. One woman was running past them and nearly knocked Obi-Wan over. He quickly moved. They continued looking for a sign of government, or security or something. Suddenly a man ran out of one of the alleyways. He grabbed Siri around the wrist. Siri tried to reach for her lightsaber, but the man quickly grabbed her other wrist. Obi-Wan stepped forward.

"Hey!" He snapped. "Let her go." The man shook his head.

"I buy this girl?" He asked, in a slightly mangled basic. Obi-Wan eyes flared.

"No, you won't." He replied. Siri was struggling, but obviously the man had a good grip and wouldn't let her go. Obi-Wan stepped forward. "Now, you will let her go." He demanded moving his hand in front of him. The man had a strong mind, but Obi-Wan managed to manipulate it with the Force. He let go of Siri and nodded.

"I will let her go." He nodded dumbly. Obi-Wan grabbed Siri's arm and the two hurried down the dirt road. Siri looked up at him.

"I'm surprised you didn't tell him to keep me, no charge." She was smiling, but he could see the relief in her eyes.

"I was considering it." Obi-Wan grinned. "But you're the one with all the manners. If you weren't around, I wouldn't get anything done."

11. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
  12. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    This is great, Siri! I love reading your stories, but I usually don't have the chance to come around here anymore! I guess I'll just have to get on more often, won't I. ;) But anyway, up!

13. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    ahem, WHY [face_mad] did not you tell me about this story, siri-me-dear?? (decides to ignore the fact that last post was in april and you will probably never read this post) [face_mad]

oh, and I thought it was funny. :D I think I read some of this one time when I was nosing around on your laptop.

i've also read some of you and sarah's new LOTR story (yes, I finally got on FanFiction.net) and it's awfully...mournful?? Except when Elladan and Elrohir pop up. Anyway, if you ever read this, post some more. call me.

-Nio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.