main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reports from healer Adin, Diary 2011 challenge completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Reports from healer Adin
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: starting at 83 years before ANH
    Characters: Kaagi Adin
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Kaagi Adin writes in his diary
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.

Entry 1

Yep I found diary one and two in my room but my third diary with more pages to scribble my adventurous, hilarious, misbehaving deeds is gone. And that was a real nice diary about raising a padawan, guiding him to knighthood and an ? his words ? equally disastrously pranking pestering job in the Jeditemple healers? ward. Sure Don has a lot in common with me but I am a very competent healer.

He too but where did he get all his pranks?
    From his friends Dick, Drew and Danny.
    The four D?s they are called.

For me that?s shorthand to disaster. And it must have rubbed of on many initiates treated by that bunch of ? I admit ? very capable healers.

Young Jinn for instance and his friends Ny, Perion and Bhik.
    I had Jinn today under my care and he managed to spill my entire pot of massage oil on the floor. Said Jinn?s foot ? the one needing treatment after getting a sprain during one of Jinn?s adventures in the crawl-duct ? collided with my pot of oil and it sailed on the floor.

And what were friend Aaqu and Jadin?s remarks?
    Greasy Kaagi is at it again.

I expect that from Aaqu but from a recently ? two days ago ? knighted Jadin Finn?
    Figures, he has been infected by the 4D-disaster.

And now I hear Aaqu?s snickering on the balcony next to my apartment. Did he misplace my third diary or was it that ever active archivist Jocasta Nu?

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good start!

[:D]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Did he misplace my third diary or was it that ever active archivist Jocasta Nu?

That's the million dollar question :p

Though I have a feeling the diary will turn up where Adin least expects it.

Great beginning - I look forward to reading more.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you. Kaagi is on the hunt.
    And this post was inspired by real life after a month of snow here in the Netherlands
    Colleagues whitewashing you and one falling with a bike and breaking her wrist.

Entry 2
    I have been on the diary hunt today. Yep.

And that was because Nu slipped in the snow and came to us with a broken wrist.
    Nu and snow? That will have you wondering?

It did to us until I went to the place where Nu had fallen. The initiate who had brought her to the healers accompanied me.

Nu had sneaked to one of the open roof gardens of the Jeditemple in pursuit of a very ingenious nine year old Magin Bhik who had retrieved his diary from the archives. Magin had used the crawl-ducts to get to the archives and had ? unseen but heard by Nu ? made his way to the rooftop. Nu had heard him grinning ?Bhik?s spy-stories are back? and that had her hurrying to the rooftop garden where his favorite place was for writing those spy-stories.

Magin didn?t mind the snow that had fallen. It gave him inspiration.

But Nu tip-toeing ? or as Magin told me slipping and sliding ? careened out of control on the path leading to Bhik?s place. She broke her wrist and was grateful and didn?t demand the initiate to give his spy-stories back when Magin hurried to help her and guide her to the healers.

I asked Dick Bonjar to care for her and that had me free to go hunting for my diary with Magin helping me in the crawl-ducts.
    But no. It wasn?t in the archives.

And we headed to the rooftop to retrieve Bhik?s spy-stories and had great fun when more initiates and a crèche master came to play in the snow.

Mace Windu whitewashed me after the entire bunch of initiates turned on me, grabbed me and had me slipping and sliding in a heap of snow.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Mace Windu whitewashed me after the entire bunch of initiates turned on me, grabbed me and had me slipping and sliding in a heap of snow.

Yeah, fun in the snow!

:D

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That almost sounds like fun! :p

Poor Adin. Diary still missing...

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    What's with Ni and diaries/journals?

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And more fun coming in the next entry

It is fun for him and healers should have fun between the serious parts of their work.
    But with Kaagi[face_whistling][face_mischief]

Archivists like to keep all originals safe.

Entry 3

Socks.
    Yes socks, purple socks.

Mace Windu came with an assistant of the crèche master to the healers? ward today. He had smelly feet and his room mates were complaining about that. He had been here two days ago ? yes that whitewash episode ? and was helped by Aaqu and was now coming for his check up to see if the salve for his smelly feet was working.

I was humming a tune, applying the salve to his feet when Mace started to sing along.

Climb every mountain,
    Search high and low,
    Follow every highway,
    Every path you know.

Climb every mountain,
    Ford every stream,
    Follow every rainbow,
    'Till you find your dream.

And when I commented on his singing I got the whole story.

?Purple socks, purple socks, Mace is wearing purple socks. We only want to see you wearing purple socks? That was what his room mates had been singing when he came back.

And when he was doing karaoke with the song ?Love potion number nine? from the Coruscant keytones the room mates twisted the words with this:
    ?Medroom number 9, medroom number 9, we can?t leave it, we are trapped, trapped in medroom number 9. Trapped, we were trapped in medroom number 9?

?Good times, bad times? a show liked by Mace was another source of fun for his room mates and they were binging and banging along with the opening tune and what was said by the actors on tin cans when Yoda entered.
    And did they watch the show?

No; Yoda got more tin cans and made a symphony with the initiates.
    We are living in a Jedi crèche, a Jedi crèche
    All aboard in the Jedi crèche

I gave Mace something to surprise his roommates.
    Have to go?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    rofl! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

What a hilarious update!!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Next thing you know they'll start the Jedi Glee Club.

Fun diary, earlybird! =D=

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    And did they watch the show?

No; Yoda got more tin cans and made a symphony with the initiates.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh I just love that imagery!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I gave Mace something to surprise his roommates.

[face_thinking] I wonder...

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And with an Adin;)

Thank you and more fun is coming

That's next

Entry 4

Yoda.
    The little grand master found out about my prank.

I had given Mace three pieces of flimsyplast with purple socks painted on them that glowed in the dark and the room mates discovered these ghosts in their beds.
    Mace was singing when Yoda entered

Purple socks purple socks
    purple socks purple socks
    purple socks purple socks
    All they see are purple socks

I was speaking about the pranks Jinn and his mates played on me to master Yoda when the four D?s came to the large hall where I was standing against a pillar.
    I should have kept my mouth shut.

The four D?s stopped and Don began to inform Yoda about a nurse dare in the healers? ward.

You see, I am sporting long hair, a moustache and a beard. Or as some of the nurses say when I am tying one of the masks before my mouth ?he is covering his Nerf-fur.?
    One of the nurses ? she left the temple a month ago to go back to Rhinnal ? had a crush on me.

And she was in cahoots with the D?s when she shaved my Nerf-fur away except for a very small square piece of moustache.

Yes, I did it again. After a long and trying procedure I fell asleep in the scrubroom and woke up with the fur gone.
    And what did that nurse do?

She was waiting for me and she kissed me.
    Had it been just nurse Love and me I could have gotten away without Yoda knowing this at all but no the four D?s were there and whistling along.

Now I had to tell Yoda all about nurse Love and that I didn?t have romantic feelings for her at all.
    Yoda understood of course but he had an enigmatic smile in those green eyes.
    And I don?t know what to make of that.

14. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Haha! Nice! That's a fun time with pranks.

Here's a little picture to compliment your journal entry:

[image=http://www.deviantart.com/download/195354203/kaagi_for_earlybird_by_songofamazon-d38b49n.jpg]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, great. Now you even have folks painting for you, dearest bird.

[face_laugh]

Anyway, when I get MsLanna/ Etain to read to us next weekend from her fanfics, would you like to read a bit to us, too?

[face_batting]

I have done no writing recently, but I can show you girls my latest paintings, such as:

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P2040099.jpg]

[image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/SW%20pictures/P2040097.jpg]

So let us look forward to a wonderful Saturday!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your excellent artwork and the next entry is dedicated to that again.

Jade_eyes: more fun and art coming

AzureAngel2: Yes I have seen them and they are stunning.

Entry 5

Did you see that beautiful work of art?

Yes!

Great. Jedi master Amoza, one of the best artists staying in the Jedtemple has made it when she saw me standing there with Yoda and telling him about nurse Love.
    And she had made one more for me, just for me.

It is one of my former Master Glinis Ra-Ond showing him in one of his happiest moments.

You see. He has left the Jedi after marrying his great love Julie Bel San. As a Corellian Jedi he could do that. The code of non attachment doesn?t apply for Corellian Jedi.

The picture shows him on Corellia just after he has met Julie for the first time. I had gone with him to Corellia and during a boring lecture from a professor Halinon, Master Glinis escaped with Julie to the garden. He had met her at the entrance of the auditorium and it was love at first sight.

I was sitting next to Randy Bel Wandal ? also a Corellian Jedi ? and trying to keep my eyes open and not succeeding and snoring when Glinis stood up when Julie whispered that she had to powder her nose.

I told Randy that they were meant for each other and resumed my snoring. And the lecture continued and continued and I had to visit the fresher all of a sudden and could sneak away.

Snoring during a lecture; yes. You would be snoring and sleeping too after a night in a Corellian sized bed. For a long guy like me those beds were keeping me awake. Each time I tried to get comfortable I hit my toes on the back board.

Ahem. After the fresher I ended up in the garden and took a holo picture of Glinis.
    And that picture was given by me to Jedi Master Amoza and she made a work of art for me.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D=

Sweet memory of Glinis and Julie.

19. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Lovely little memory there! And here's the picture to go with it:

[image=http://www.deviantart.com/download/197248723/master_ra_ond_for_earlybird_by_songofamazon-d39fq37.jpg]

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ahem. After the fresher I ended up in the garden and took a holo picture of Glinis.
    And that picture was given by me to Jedi Master Amoza and she made a work of art for me.

Sounds familiar. People giving art pieces to one another...

[face_whistling]

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005

Awwww...what a sweet thing for for her to do.

I love seeing these happy, peaceful times for the Jedi.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you so much for the nice picture for this entry.

Writing about them is great and thank you.

Yes and a nice picture to go with it
    And there is another one you have seen.

Entry 6

You have seen the beautiful work of art?
    Yes?

I really like it and some of my colleagues tell me that I am a bit of an artist too.
    A funny artist, that?s what Aaqu is telling me.
    And certain initiates like those fun pictures.

I had been to a movie ? yes one of those old fashioned 2D movies on a big screen ? with Aaqu and I had decided to make some fun.
    I drew this (yes the only thing I have is a picture of it) and I did that in of of the meditating rooms.
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/apes.jpg]

Shouldn?t have.
    You see. Someone was watching me. Someones.

Yes the someones accomplice knocked on the door. I went to see what was there, found no one and when I turned around I saw that my finished picture was gone.
    A grid to the crawl ducts was closing and I could holler ?thief? before it closed with a loud bang.

Now I am a bit worried.
    Will the someones show my drawing to his friends?

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Mischievous Kaagi had his artwork snatched ;)

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

You have seen the beautiful work of art?
    Yes?

I really like it and some of my colleagues tell me that I am a bit of an artist too.
    A funny artist, that?s what Aaqu is telling me.
    And certain initiates like those fun pictures.

O-I-C-Y!(= Oh, I see you!)

[face_love]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And what is happening;)

Yep and more fun coming

Entry 7

They did and I had to come to master Yoda?s apartment.
    No stew to eat this time but Yoda let me stew for a long time on what he had to tell me.
    He was silent when I entered the apartment, waved his three fingered claw to one of those round meditating cushions.

I sat down and waited.
    And waited.

I was stewing, waiting for a tap with his gimer stick on my shin.
    I was eager anticipating what he wanted to tell me.

The first sign were his eyes.
    They were gleaming, gleaming with mischief and laughter.
    And what did he tell me?

?Master of the apes I am not. Talented you are Kaagi Adin.?
    And that was it.