main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Reports from healer Adin, Diary 2011 challenge completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    There is but Jedi you know. They are following the code.[face_whistling]

Thank you . Some of Jinn's humor must have been appreciated by Obi-Wan.

Entry 15

Yesterday I celebrated my 47th birthday.
    Celebrated with a little c.
    Not a big C?

No. What began as a nice day with wake up and a smiling Aaqu bringing me breakfast in bed ended with me caring for Master Timmis.

I was sipping from my tea when the four D?s came in with their ?happy birthday Kaagi? song but my pager began to interfere with that tune.

I couldn?t ignore the thingy of course, grabbed it and that had me ? in my nightshirt and on bare feet ? running towards the healers? ward where no surprise in the form of a birthday cake impaled by a knife waited for me.

No Master Timmis was brought in by Master Sonnie and his padawan.
    A spy mission gone wrong?

No Master Timmis had been giving advice to Master Sonnie and Magin Bhik when she began to complain about pain in her abdomen.

That had the two getting a stretcher and headed to the healers? ward with Timmis complaining loudly that she didn?t want to go to the healers at all.
    Seeing me she quietened down a bit and I could examine her and I had to tell her.

Aww this was bad.

I told her and told her about the options we had.
    She wanted the operation and now I have to go.
    Aaqu will help me.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah! Very much real to life sudden unexpected emergency takes a healer away from anticipated fun - hope the operation is a success.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yesterday I celebrated my 47th birthday.
    Celebrated with a little c.
    Not a big C?

This started sweet and then life struck unexpected. It usually does for a healer. Even on his own birthday.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Real life indeed

I was called away once on my birthday to donate blood to save a baby. And for a healer not all life is sweet continuing with the next entry

Entry 16

Last entry I wrote about Master Celeste Timmis and the difficulty I had to tell her about the disease.
    We could remove some of the affected tissues in her abdomen but not all.

She was in the ward for internal diseases undergoing chemical therapy. And the bad thing with that is that she had to be put on Force suppressing medicines. She wanted to rip out the IV, yelling that she had enough of the treatment and the nausea ripping through her body. The droid trying to stop her was demolished. And that had Master Sjarida Dorrin ? mindhealer and internist ? asking us surgeons and anaesthetists for a vial of draxinon.

Yes that?s the name for the sickly orange coloured fluid used to put midi-chlorians asleep or into hibernation. The name is everywhere ? even on my home-planet Moniron ? the same. The main ingredient is draxin, a horrible mineral with a complex chemical structure that can kill midi-chlorians in a very short time. It is processed to make it into the sleeping drug Draxinon for midi-chlorians. It gives the medicine the sickly orange colour. Too much of Draxinon puts midi-chlorians into hibernation. But they can be awakened if the patient has a sufficient amount of midis. I have had hibernating midis. The first time Master Yoda helped me. He did the wake up. The second time I could do the trick when adrenaline was surging through my body during the rescue of old master Dran Jonnolo.

The third part of the chemical therapy was finished a month ago and I saw Sjarida a week ago in Serinka?s restaurant. She told me about Master Timmis.

This is bad.

The affected tissue is growing again and the disease is spreading.
    Can Force healing help her?

No. Sjarida tried, saw no progress and has consulted Coruscant University Medical Centre. She has Master Timmis now on an experimental therapy. It?s all or nothing.
    And a positive note; Master Timmis believes in the new therapy. It doesn?t make her sick and she can enjoy her walks in the gardens.

Glines Ranond told me all about her and had something new when I came in for my shift.
    He has young Vin Nawarra as his padawan and had taken him with him for a visit to Master Timmis.

And Glines isn?t the only one with a padawan.
    Ithil Jolin has taken Monai Norran as his padawan and I have asked him ? he is very interested in old manuscripts ? if he can search the archives for my lost diary.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad they're trying a new therapy.

Happy news there at the end.

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Phew an update with hope!

[:D]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    But like what happened in real life to friends I have known no hope.

Entry 17

A Jedi Master has become one with the Force.
    Master Celeste Timmis lost her battle with the disease.
    We were all there in the hall of fire.

A Jedi Master gone and we were all in a sombre mood until a transport landed.
    A new initiate arrived today.

Qui-Gon Jinn was at it again. He defied his master, entered a bar and rescued an orphan, a baby about to be given to an organisation to be raised as a slave and fighter. He brought the two organisations together ? their initial mission to get the groups together and stop all that fighting ? and left with his master who only commented that Jinn had picked up another pathetic life-form but allowed him to take him to Coruscant and an orphanage.

Qui-Gon was smiling when he told me all about the baby. During the trip back the baby cried and cried until he was taken to the engine room. There the baby discovered a faulty converter and saved the ship. He was a Force sensitive. And Jinn had to give the baby his name when he was brought to the crèche; Aiden O-Lenge. He was found in a bar named the O-Lenge and had given Aid.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    a gentle mix here =D=

Ended on a sweet note.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That update made me smiley, too.

Thanks!

@};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for reading all of you. The next entry is funny

Entry 18

Aaqu?s former padawan Dick Bonjar was turning 37 and we had ? of course ? a surprise planned. Nothing mischievous was planned by the healers this time. They did that for me alerting me on my birthday that there was an injured Jedi in the council room and me speeding towards that room to see only master Yoda wondering why I was coming in full surgical gear. Ahem that was my 48th birthday and I wonder what they will plan when I am turning 50. That?s often a hilarious day for humans. (Not here in the Jeditemple but on various planets I have visited with my master)

We had invited all the healers to the restaurant of the healers? ward. And we had closed the normally open door.
    And there they were. Don opened the door. We began to sing happy birthday Dick and smiling Dick, Don and Qui-Gon Jinn entered.

Don Lawrin ? my former padawan ? had been late and I had sensed that he had been busy treating a padawan. It was Qui-Gon Jinn and his love for animals was the cause. It turned out that he had saved a rockhound trapped in a hole in a tree and had fallen down spraining his wrist.
    And with Dooku as master Jinn told Don that it was a nothing. Dooku is very stern. A burn received by Qui-Gon was treated by Aaqu hours after that training. The poor padawan had to listen to his master lecturing about his parents and the training his mother had with injuries not distracting her at all.
    Don and Qui-Gon made up a story that the rockhound had scratched the wrist. That will have Dooku only commenting on Jinn?s love for pathetic creatures and not on the sprain.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Don and Qui-Gon made up a story that the rockhound had scratched the wrist. That will have Dooku only commenting on Jinn?s love for pathetic creatures and not on the sprain.

Does that include JarJar? ;)

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    In the far future[face_thinking]

Entry 19

Fifty, last entry I wrote about my 48th birthday but not seeing this diary for a long time ? you know Jedi going on missions keep us healers busy ? I had no time to write until today. And that is only because I have now a day where I can stay in my apartment after a hilarious day.

That was yesterday. I turned fifty. Still a youth for my species but for those mischievous colleagues reason to make it a special one.

I had ? normal Jedi habit ? nothing planned but they did. I woke up and the door to my balcony was open, more open than what?s usual for me because birds and rodents ? staying in the wild indoor garden ? are that way prevented to have a go at my supplies in the kitchen. No birds and rodents inside but a trail of muddy feet marks leading to my kitchen, human sized muddy feet marks. I discovered that trail after closing the balcony door and yup there was the first surprise for the day. A delicious mujaa fruit pie was waiting for me and after a visit to the fresher and dressing in my usual beige Jedi-garb I cut a piece ? the middle part first ? from the pie. And I was getting the first fork towards my mouth when my pager alerted me.

I never ignore the beeping and buzzing thingy. And the message had me speeding through the corridor, into the elevator and into the healers? ward. And ? I should have known that it was a fake message ? because there were speed limit signs all over the route I took. Fifty, everywhere I rounded a corner I saw a sign with fifty.

A scrub room was my destination and there again a zero added to a five to make it a fifty. I entered that room, a garment was tossed in my arms with a command to change ? it was the usual green blue colour ? and I entered the changing cubicle. I donned the garment and yup sewn on front and back; fifty. Coming out of my changing cubicle I found the scrub room crowded with my colleagues tossing blue balls ? fifty waddled up gloves ? at me. And that was big fun because I started throwing them back.

Aaqu?s pager and mine again were the signal for another surprise. In the office this time where I had to cut the victim ? my birthday cake ? in fifty pieces.

A day of work followed. And I was constantly reminded of fifty. Even after my shift. A visit to Serinka?s restaurant and I got fifty green peas on my plate, a nice dessert with fifty drawn on it with syrup and a glass of fruit juice with fifty on the glass.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Fun and descriptive as usual!

@};-

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup fun and this one is taken from real life.

Entry 20

WOW I discovered my diary again. Long, very long this time it had been to see it. I had no time to write at all in my diary. Work, work and work had me busy and some boring work at that.
    I am a healer and not an administrator archive guys and girls!

Yup Nu was pestering us again. She wanted all the original files transferred to her precious archives. She had arguments about going digital and introducing a new archive system and a new work system to handle the files and tasks.

It is nice for admin and finance. They see how many sutures, syringes and gloves we use. But we have to file all of that in a weird system that has you each time you have to file something clicking a zillion places on the screen, flipping through screens on your datapad or computer or whatever you are using. Some of the Jedi going on missions have those little thingy?s combining comlink and datapad.

All of that filing of data is a kind of spilled time for me. And for many of our order it?s the same.

You should have heard Serinka. Nu was visiting his restaurant and found a book in his kitchen. It was an old book and being old it was very precious for her. But for Serinka too; it was his book with recipes. No, Nu went away without that book. But Serinka has to use the file system. And he did; for a week because after that week one of his pancakes landed on the datapad frying it to a crisp because the pancake was hot.

Hmm getting ideas.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hmm getting ideas.

I wonder if those ideas will show up in the diary as well.

[face_thinking]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure;)

Entry 21

Last entry I wrote about getting ideas. Yup I had them since I saw Dick Bonjar and his way to deal with Nu and with him having a new padawan named Hanjo Tavar those ideas could be used by all of us healers dealing with the digital archive work. For us that?s extremely boring getting screen eyes from staring for hours at a computer-screen trying to follow the logic behind the flipping there and pressing here of various dull grey buttons and tabs.

You see Dick ? confined mostly to a wheelchair because of his legs ? has found a way to deal with the archive work. He has programmed a T-3C ? one of the medical droids that he uses to get in his wheelchair from A to B real fast ? to do the boring work.

Geez T-3C sounds almost like that horrible TC-archive program. T is for three and C has something to do with management. Nu almost found out because the regular reports were all stating that nine sutures were used whatever the procedure.

Enter Hanjo Tavar and his bright mind to program said droid with ways to enter the dull work. Yep Nu has now her variations and she won?t get suspicious or does she?

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Enter Hanjo Tavar and his bright mind to program said droid with ways to enter the dull work. Yep Nu has now her variations and she won?t get suspicious or does she?

I hope your work for the parish archives is not that dull at present, dear bird.

Thanks for the up-date and the chat on the mobile phone. Let me know which weekend suits you best for visiting us.

[:D]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes but[face_thinking]

We will see soon;)

Entry 22

Nu didn?t find out for a long time but she did after all.
    Who is to blame?
    Master Dooku.

Yup just after Qui-Gon Jinn completed his trials and became a Jedi knight Dooku gave a demonstration of lightsaber techniques and that spurred two padawans to imitate him. But being padawans and all too eager to copy the moves the result was injuries requiring treatment.

I helped the two padawans with some salve and bacta-patches and got T-3C to work on the archival work.
    And that got me an invitation from Nu.

Master Adin how can you explain sutures used for burn-injuries? That was Nu?s question popping on my screen and that was just the beginning. She discovered more of the inconsistencies in our archive work, all our work and that had us healers getting to her and being given a ? dull and boring ? lesson in how to do the archive work using the flipping here and pressing there Three CCC tool. Three CCC became soon three or more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?s for me with Nu waking me and Aaqu guffawing that Adins can sleep everywhere.

But I wasn?t alone. Finn was adding his zzzzzzzzzzzzz?s to the snore choir and with Nu getting him awake the really boring message came.
    Or was it?

No, digital is gone and for us flimsies and datapads yes.
    Only negative part is that my desk is becoming crowded again with the flimsies and datapads and more.

You see; Nu gives us copies from all that?s ? in her opinion ? interesting for us.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] It's great if you can sleep anywhere ;) and the snore choir keeps everyone else awake [face_laugh]

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    No, digital is gone and for us flimsies and datapads yes.
    Only negative part is that my desk is becoming crowded again with the flimsies and datapads and more.

You see; Nu gives us copies from all that?s ? in her opinion ? interesting for us.

That can not be THAT overly interesting then. [face_mischief]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup like father like son

You will see;)

Entry 23

Interesting? Nah it?s not at all for most of the stuff that?s coming to our desks. But this one had us commenting on Nu.

The last flimsy Nu gave me was the admin and finan account of last year with marked ? by her ? the supplies we used in the healers? ward. And that was kind of funny because she had even marked some of the thingy?s used by us for therapy in the swimming pool. And from the use of that marker we could deduce that Nu wasn?t pleased with the floating thingy?s. She had even added a sticky paper to the report stating that she wanted to swim without us disturbing her with our frivolous play.

Play? It?s therapy for recovering patients and I never had any complaining patients. Only smiles and thank you?s.
    Nu is 39 but acting like an old granny.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, the floating thingamajigs are therapy ;) :)

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Nu is 39 but acting like an old granny.

Laughing my head off here!