main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Republic and Rebellion (KotOR Era) - Chapter 26 Posted December 23rd!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LaForzaViva, Jul 13, 2010.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see a new update

enjoying it and the details about the lessons

2. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Shad sure acted fast there. I hope they can succeed, and get Titus, Erisi, and friends out.

The exercise you had with Yvrett is really interesting. Nice work.

3. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    Oh good, I still have readers!

Thanks everyone for a wonderful year, even with all the interruptions due to school and more school, and may you enjoy your holiday/Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Festivus times with your families. May your next year be filled with good cheer.

Chapter 26

?Thank you for joining us, late, Knight Cafran,? came the smooth, yet cold voice of Atris. Visto peered at her; his lateness had not been accidental. He would never attend a session of the council late if Nomi were presiding, but she?d left for Corellia a few days prior. Sadly, Atris was left in control of the council, though Vrook was technically the next most senior. As the Force would have it, he was back on Dantooine.

?My pleasure, as always,? he replied, omitting her name in spite. She thinned her lips, the challenge obvious even to her less than perceptive self.

?Lhosan Industries has requested the presence of a high-ranking Jedi diplomat on Taris to look into possibilities for Republic support of the planet,? Atris began.

?Mandalorians getting that close now, are they?? Visto asked. Lonna Vash cocked an eyebrow but said nothing.

?It would seem that way, yes. You are directed to travel to Taris and discuss possible arrangements on behalf of the Republic and the Jedi Council. You are not authorized to finalize any agreement without approval from both the High Council and the Senate,? Atris said.

?So, just a scouting mission then?? Visto asked.

?Yes, that is correct,? Kavar said. Visto didn?t glance in his direction; he knew he?d be too angry at seeing that Padawan-stealing, nerfherder?s face.

?Are there any under the table requests from the Council, so to speak?? he asked.

?Simply keep your ears and eyes open. We expect daily reports on all aspects of the planet; culture, politics, religion, industry, trade routes. Everything that can help the Council and the Senate determine whether or not to grant recognition to Taris. Such knowledge exists, but even I must admit that you are a keen study of beings and culture; thus your understanding and insight of this planet can only aid the Council. Are there any further questions?? Atris said.

?May I bring my Padawan learner with me?? Visto asked. Atris snorted.

?Of course not, seeing as you have none. Should you require accompaniment, there are a number of young men and women in the Exploration Corps seeking to experience the galaxy. You may choose one member to join you, if you so desire,? Atris answered.

?And if I?d prefer someone else?? Visto inquired.

?That would depend on the person, and if you dare mention your former Padawan, you already know the answer that this Council will give you,? Lonna said to him. A name came to Visto?s mind. No, his Master would never let him out of his sight. A shame, the boy is going to be a damn fine Jedi.

?Very well, I retract my question. I shall attend alone,? he said.

?Very well, Knight Cafran. You will depart this evening at 1730 hours; you will return when you believe your mission to be complete. Do not hurry yourself, Knight Cafran; this is an important diplomatic mission and we need solid facts and answers. You may go,? Atris said. He bowed by the waist and then left the room, the double-doors closing shut behind him. He checked the chronometer in his pocket; it was already 1500 hours.

<Yveret, I need to see you,> he said through the Force. He continued toward his new quarters, waiting for her reply. He reached the door and her reply had not come and he felt some frustration rise. She must be busy he told himself, knowing it probably was not true.

The door to his quarters slid open and he stepped inside. And there, laying with naught but a sheet over her body, was Yveret. She looked at him slyly and beckoned him toward her and he joined her, the two falling into illicit passion.

?I?ve been assigned a mission, off-planet,? Visto said some time later. Yveret rested her head on his chest, her hair tousled and out of place. She glanced up at him, her blue eyes bright in the growing dimness of

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Visto on Taris:eek: away from Yveret.

And Shad getting followers.

Waiting to see what happens next

5. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I sincerely hope that Shad gets Mek into all sorts of trouble, and that Visto doesn't get himself stuck on Taris when trouble comes. Will we be seeing any of the Jedi from the little enclave on Taris?