main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic Commando Armor

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by bebo_lokk, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I didn't find any threads here on this armor so I'll ask it: Is anyone going to or in the process of making this commando armor?
    (I apologize if this has already been a topic)

Clone Commando

[image=http://img19.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_39a_clonecommando.jpg]

republic commando

[image=http://img21.imagevenue.com/loc185/th_8ab_republic_commando1.jpg]

S_S edit fixed links

2. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I thought you were...

and your links are messed up!

3. Scoundrel1100

Scoundrel1100 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    I want commando armor so bad, but a) don't know how to vacuumform or make my own, and b) don't know anyone who does or from where else I could "acquire" it.

However... I emailed someone named Tim Knapp, who's a member of the 501st Legion. Clizzack here to see his contact info and commando armor. I tried emailing, but he hasn't replied. This was about three or four days ago. If anyone gets through, hit me back, and we can figure it out.

Scoundrel

4. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    This is my problem to, i have neither the time nor the skill to make my own armour. I would love to join a garrison, but i cant get hold of any armour!

5. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    making armor is not as hard as some may feel ;)

anyway:

http://clonetroopers.net/Forum/index.php?showtopic=38

6. Scoundrel1100

Scoundrel1100 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    I read every post on that forum, and then again, and clicked all the links, but nowhere did I find actual instructions for making the commando armor. Am I just dumb? Am I missing something here? I just couldn't find how to make the armor.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Most people won't post specific (or even generalized) instructions on how to make your own armor on a message board. They will have a site of their own with such a tutorial or they may have something in a MS Word or Adobe file that they can e-mail you. Try posting of the clonetrooper.net boards and ask for some help and you might have some better luck.

8. TI-655

TI-655 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    Posting to a board that deals with a certain costume will help you out greatly. Most members of those type of boards will PM you there about how to get armor and anything else you may need for it since they're not allow to post vendor info in the public. I would join that board (if you haven't already) that was posted and see what happens. Never hurts to try.

Also, Tim may be busy with other things. I beleive he's usually good at returning e-mails. Been having alot going on with the 501st.

9. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Let me know when you want to start on it Buck!

10. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey Ryan, thanks for reminding me that this topic was here. I loved some of the pics on that forum and am ready to get going with it! - if only the time I had :(
    Will get with ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.