main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Republic Commando Bumpmapping Issue

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Okay, so I've have looked up the issue and none of the advice will work in my case. Today I tried installing Republic Commando for the Fan Favorite 1 disc and before I am to begin to install I get an error about the bump-mapping. I problem is that I can't even install the game to get to the options to turn it off. Is there a fix for this?

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I've heard of bump mapping causing issues with performance (You used to have to disable entirely to get RC to work on a lot of cards), but never with the installation process itself. What's the error, exactly?

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    After I get the menu screen with Install/View Read Me/Manuals/Analyze Your Computer options. I click install and I get this.

[​IMG]

When I press the OK button nothing else happens, it doesn't start the install or do anything else.

EDIT: Is there any way to turn off Bump-Mapping completely from my computer?

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, that's not related to the bumpmapping, it's apparently just aborting the process before the proper installation can begin (That notice is just a warning about the incompatibility issues). One solution I read suggested manually navigating to SetupRC in the disc's files, and running it through there.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Thanks, that worked.

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    hey where can i get that or a similar desktop wallpaper?? I like it.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    It's Battlefield 4 concept art. If you like it I would look up the rest of the game's artwork.

Here is a link to the specific image:
    http://www.candb.com/site/candb/cache/artwork/1600/heavy-rain-battlefield_dice_1600x881_marked.jpg

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008