main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic Commando placement?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by clonewarseu, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    I will go for the dates given for my timeline: I will consider the days to be standard days after Geonosis. regarding Kashyyyk, it is my understanding (from the story in Visionaries which takes place 18 months after Genosis) that the Wookiee world has been under attack by Separatist/Trandoshan fighters several times during the Clone Wars. I do not yet know if there is a mention or appearance of any Jedi in the Kashyyyk portion of the game/guide (I just received the guide today, with my RotS soundtrack :) ), but if there is not, this will substantiate my look on things...

2. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    I think I'll see if I can get a VIP to give us a definite answer as to whether the Kashyyyk mission in RC is 26 ABOG or right before ROTS.

*heads off to starwars.com*

3. clonewarseu

Feb 27, 2003
    Tasty (Leland Chee) just said that "The Kashyyyk campaign begins at 785 days. The game ends with a certain event that occurs "offscreen" durng Revenge of the Sith."

Now if we can figure out what exactly that means...

4. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    I am slowly losing faith in Leland Chee.

Does he mean to tell us that the Kashyyyk missions took three bloody months?

5. clonewarseu

Feb 27, 2003
    Not 3 bloody months, but 10! 785 days=~26 months ABOG=~10 months before ROTS

So the Kashyyyk missions span 10 months ;)

6. Ryan_Kaufman

Ryan_Kaufman DHC Author & Former LucasArts Content Supervisor star 3 VIP

Mar 15, 2005
    Don't blame Leland, blame me.

A previous writer had come up with "785 Days" as a random number, and when I was editing the crawls, I *totally* spaced on the days/months/ROTS timeline.

You do NOT have to ret-con "785." It is simply a screw-up.

The Kashyyyk mission is intended to take place only days before the Separatist invasion of Kashyyyk.

My apologies to everyone who stayed up nights worrying about this. :)

[p.s. for those of you scratching your heads, I was the Lead Writer on Republic Commando, along with Justin Lambros, and Mike Stemmle. Between the 3 of us, we made a few mistakes here and there. It happens. Please forgive and move on.]

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Ryan_Kaufman posted on 5/6/05 9:38am

You do NOT have to ret-con "785." It is simply a screw-up.

The Kashyyyk mission is intended to take place only days before the Separatist invasion of Kashyyyk.

[hr][/blockquote]

Thank you boss. [face_hugs] Just what I was looking for. :)

8. clonewarseu

Feb 27, 2003
    Thanks, Ryan. I guess that settles everything.

BTW, is the 367 days for the missions on the Acclamator correct? Just making sure ;)

9. Ryan_Kaufman

Mar 15, 2005
    Yeah-- Prosecutor Campaign = 367 Days + Geonosis.

THAT much is correct. Heh.

I know, when you're dealing with someone as lame as me, you do have to double-check these things.

Just be glad you're not Karen Traviss, who actually relied on me for accurate information. Bwa ha ha!!!

10. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    It should be noted though that she's a former Journalist so she's probably use to getting bad info from highly placed sources :p

11. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Thanks Ryan: I will be sure to quote your comment in my little timeline!!!

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >So Wat Tambor and the Quest for the Sacred Eye of the Albino Cyclops, The Artist of Naboo, Sithis,
    Celestia Galactica can all safely be placed in Month 36? <

Not exactly. You're ok with Sithis in Month 36 (although I put in in Month 33, because that was when LOE was originally listed and I'm still not sure that the events of that book don't cover three months), but Albino Cyclops will have to have a more specific placement based on events from ROF and ROTS, so we'll have to wait until the movie comes out. The Artist of Naboo takes place over twenty four weeks, with Padme appearing at the beginning and the end. You'd be wise to coordinate the placement of those events with the scenes from Obsession and the cartoon that show Padme on Naboo.

Celestia Galactica is simply a series of scenes that take place accross the Star Wars timeline. Some of them occur during the Clone Wars, most don't. It will be hard to tell which of them do and when until ROTS comes out.

TC

13. clonewarseu

Feb 27, 2003
    Ok. Well, for now I'll just stick all of Visionaries except for Deep Forrest in Month 36 until I can figure all that out.

Note: I've updated the Timeline to reflect everything we discussed in this thread: Complete Timeline

14. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Not exactly. You're ok with Sithis in Month 36 (although I put in in Month 33, because that was when LOE was originally listed and I'm still not sure that the events of that book don't cover three months), but Albino Cyclops will have to have a more specific placement based on events from ROF and ROTS, so we'll have to wait until the movie comes out. The Artist of Naboo takes place over twenty four weeks, with Padme appearing at the beginning and the end. You'd be wise to coordinate the placement of those events with the scenes from Obsession and the cartoon that show Padme on Naboo.

Yeah...I'm starting to think you may be right about LoE spanning 3 months as well...

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    It would help with the Clone Wars cartoon confusion...

TC

16. clonewarseu

Feb 27, 2003
    >>> Yeah...I'm starting to think you may be right about LoE spanning 3 months as well...<<<

Can't y'all just make up your minds?

17. Ryan_Kaufman

Mar 15, 2005
    farrady: [face_laugh] ha ha ha ha ha ha [face_laugh]

:eek: HEY! :eek:

18. Jon_Bidinger

Jon_Bidinger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    I just beat the Acclamator levels, and from the dialogue, it seems that the Ghost Ship (and the subseqeunt space battle between the Ghost Ship, another Acclamator, and a Trade Fed. Droid Control Ship) is in the Kobantis or Kolbantis system.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Its the Corbantis system, methinks, in the Meridian Sector. Corbantis is in the Crab Nebula, i think the game said, and thats mentioned in Planet of Twilight.

20. Ryan_Kaufman

Mar 15, 2005
    5 points to Sinrebirth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.